rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Safe Space" culture is an active form of Misandry

In the past couple years I've been seeing this term used more and more by feminists. Safe Spaces have now made their way into the mainstream and are actively exploited by universities across the US to propagate an agenda of misandry. Thus it is troubling to me that feminists who claim to be for equality have striven to create this type of blatantly anti-male terminology and worse, persuaded the world of academia to support them by materializing Safe Spaces on so-called gender equality campuses.

Safe Spaces are nothing more than realms of segregation where sexist women can indulge in their prejudices toward men. And to be honest, I'm fine with women having prejudice towards men, you're allowed to feel, think, and say whatever you like in this country. But doing so under the veil of victimization in accord with a fictional narrative known as rape culture is highly contradictory to the meaning of equality. The greatest contradiction is highlighted by violent women who actively attempt to disrupt and/or destroy male spaces in the form of barbershops, cigar lounges, pickup seminars, etc.

Safe Spaces have to be identified for what they are: Sexist Spaces.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-46188.html

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

The fact that these so called Strong Independent Women need a 'Safe Space' wherever they go now is the greatest indictment on their collective sanity.

Women as overgrown children in perpetuity.

I like the original idea of this post and offer the following not as a criticism but as a suggestion.

Liberals are winning the culture war because they know words have power. That's why you see them (mis)characterize average things a "hateful" and "bigoted" or "bullying." Those mere words can stigmatize anything or anyone, no matter how harmless they really are. Those words brand people.

We will not get anywhere attempting to brand people with the word "misandry," which is the linguistic equivalent of trying to knock out a boxer with a wet noodle. (And outside these parts, few people even know what that word means.)

How can we have better phrased this, so we can get the knock-out punch? How can we phrase this so they get branded, not us?

The way is to use their memes against them -- some of which the original commenter mentioned. Let's focus them for future reference.

* Safe spaces are the new segregation.

* Safe spaces keep males out -- including black ones.

* Safe spaces for rich, white females.

* Safe spaces for college girls/scary spaces for their maids.

I'm sure you all can improve on these basic ideas or come up with better ones. But the main point is we have to hit harder with words.

Words need to be looked up like a chess game. What words can we put together that "checkmate" the opposing player? What words can we use that will leave them no way out?

Days of Broken Arrows, very good insight.

The progressive left has been determining the rules we are all playing under for a long time. It's not enough to respond with logical answers and arguments in their frame because it's designed to support whatever they want. We have to go meta here and think about the frame and only then about the content.

"Why are you so weak?"

Best used informally, it drives home the message that they are fragile losers who are dependent on others for their mental sanity.

They attack people on their insensitivity, racism, sexism, hatefulness.
They want weakness: to feel 'safe' and inclusive, fair, and equalized.

We should attack them on their mental instability, closed-mindedness, hate of free speech.
We value strength: self-reliance, dispassionate open debate, mental toughness.

"If discussing intellectual topics makes you feel unsafe, you should go to a therapist before you go to college."

"Avoiding criticism breeds a weak and insecure mind, and history shows us what such people are capable of."

"Why are you so intolerant? Tolerance is about accepting people can hold views you don't agree with."

"Why are you so insecure you want to silence everyone else? That's dangerous. Insecurity and hate go hand in hand."

Quote: (04-12-2015 08:10 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I like the original idea of this post and offer the following not as a criticism but as a suggestion.

Liberals are winning the culture war because they know words have power. That's why you see them (mis)characterize average things a "hateful" and "bigoted" or "bullying." Those mere words can stigmatize anything or anyone, no matter how harmless they really are. Those words brand people.

We will not get anywhere attempting to brand people with the word "misandry," which is the linguistic equivalent of trying to knock out a boxer with a wet noodle. (And outside these parts, few people even know what that word means.)

How can we have better phrased this, so we can get the knock-out punch? How can we phrase this so they get branded, not us?

The way is to use their memes against them -- some of which the original commenter mentioned. Let's focus them for future reference.

* Safe spaces are the new segregation.

* Safe spaces keep males out -- including black ones.

* Safe spaces for rich, white females.

* Safe spaces for college girls/scary spaces for their maids.

I'm sure you all can improve on these basic ideas or come up with better ones. But the main point is we have to hit harder with words.

Words need to be looked up like a chess game. What words can we put together that "checkmate" the opposing player? What words can we use that will leave them no way out?

I frame "safe spaces" as a form of feminist authoritarianism. I've been thinking of feminism in general as a form of authoritarianism. The nanny state. More absolute control of society in order to eliminate risk to women. It goes with the polling (women are more authoritarian) and the biology (women are more risk adverse to protect their children and eggs).

The authoritarian thing with feminism is a strange type, because it isn't so much top-down, as much as it is any feminist feeling entitled to enforce any feeling she has at any time. Steve Sailer hit the nail on the head here.

"Looking back on a lifetime of feminist dominance of the media, I can recall distant eras when certain feminists tried to be logical, but those attempts alienated other feminists. So, today, feminism is whatever any woman is upset about. It doesn’t have to be consistent with what other feminists are upset about. It doesn’t even have to be consistent with whatever other things that particular feminist is upset about. All that matters is that whoever is bitching claims the mantle of Team Women."

http://www.unz.com/isteve/how-feminism-h...hievement/