rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Asians gaming in Tokyo

So I decided to start this thread after having experience gaming in Tokyo as an ASIAN foreigner and while most of the threads on Japan are started by westerners, some of the things/advice may not apply to Asian guys like us so I decided to start this thread to discuss some techniques for Asian guys to get some game going in Japan.

Some facts about me:

I am half Japanese and half Chinese. I am Singaporean Chinese by birth but I spend a large part of my life in LA before returning to Singapore when I was 17. I speak English, Chinese and Cantonese fluently. My Japanese is average but I can pull off a conversations and dates in Japanese. I am entirely Asian in appearance until I open my mouth. I am in Tokyo for a year and would be heading back in September this year, might be back early 2016.

Logistics:
Mine are pretty bad since my finances are tight so I rely heavily on karaoke, love hotels and the girl's places. Pretty shitty but I make do with what I have.

Techniques:

Open in ENGLISH ALWAYS: If you are a white/black/any color thats not Japanese-like, you would get the "ehhh" if you open in Japanese. But if you're like me and look Japanese before you say anything, a simple "excuse me" would be sufficient. After that, sit back and enjoy the next few seconds as they struggle to comprehend the fact that an Asian is speaking to them in English. After that, go on a barrage in rapid fast English. It can be anything. Just rant on and on about not being able to find the Starbucks, the last train etc until you see she's completely lost or she stops you with the usual "eigo wakaranai" Apologise and switch to slow Japanese mixed with English. If you switch completely to Japanese, after awhile she would "forget" you are a foreigner because she goes back to appearance based stimulant. You should get the "what country are you from" question soon into the conversation. In fact that's normally the first personal question she asks you. At this point, its really up to you how much you want to reveal. I normally tell her that Im Singaporean who grew up in the US AND I'm half Japanese. If you're not super nationalistic, I suggest you just say you're half/quarter Japanese, chicks here dig the familiarity wrapped in exotic background shit and they would find comfort with the fact you're somehow Japanese.

I do both day game and night game and find that day game works better for me. For day game, indirect is the golden rule. Going up to a girl and complimenting her may get you some numbers in the US or Singapore but here, they really like the plausible denial in every thing. "Oh he was justtt asking about the last train and he justtt happened to be a friendly foreigner who likes to talk, I mean have you not seen all the Hollywood movies? They are ALL so friendly~" Yes. That kind of bullshit.

In general, embrace your Asian looks and use them to your advantage. Our white friends both benefit and suffer from standing out but we have the advantage of blending in easier and even when it comes to game, remember, you are THE Asian guy that looks like a Japanese but you are different and fun compared to the rest of Japanese men and you have more stories to tell and most importantly, you make a good man to bring home to okasan and otousan. The only worry you should have is her trying to lock you down with sex.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Also, as an Asian, I dont have much issues with the social customs of the Japanese, considering the Chinese have similar customs and I grew up with a Chinese dad and a Japanese mum. I can help out with some of the possible faux pas newbies may commit when first coming to Japan. Just post your questions and everyone will help out if we can

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Quote: (04-01-2015 08:15 PM)Zerdame Wrote:  

In general, embrace your Asian looks and use them to your advantage. Our white friends both benefit and suffer from standing out but we have the advantage of blending in easier and even when it comes to game, remember, you are THE Asian guy that looks like a Japanese but you are different and fun compared to the rest of Japanese men and you have more stories to tell and most importantly, you make a good man to bring home to okasan and otousan. The only worry you should have is her trying to lock you down with sex.

Solid post overall, this last section was the part I found most important as an Asian American. Comfort is pretty well established in the situation, as you rightly point out. We don't have to disavow ourselves of yellow fever or anything like that like our white brothers.

Rather, we can move pretty quickly to building attraction and using the exoticness of our English language skill to build attraction.

Opening in English definitely is the strong move. It shows that you're Western educated which is huge for these bitches, and also takes them by surprise and forces them on the defensive a bit.

Paging TravelerKai who's not Asian but an incredibly seasoned vet of the region... he probably has seen some Asian Americans in his time there and can offer additional insight.

Quote:Quote:
Menace Wrote:
An experience is in her head and no guy can ever jizz on it.
Vaun Wrote:
Goldmund Wrote:
Music
This was used a lot when I was young and really into the underground scene. I would invite girls to come back to listen to Fugazi records.
This is the first time in recorded history that Fugazi was used to remove panties.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Hahaha I just got back from a trip to Japan.

Never in my life I had thought "awwh yeah I would love to go and see Japan!".

But I did 3 weeks snowboarding in Niseko (was fucking awesome). Then A couple of nights in Tokyo.
The nights out in Rapongi were pretty fucking fun. I think I had more fun than I would in Europe just because I was excited about it being Japan and everything was fucking different.
The people in the clubs loved us (me and my friends) Granted we were fucking wasted, but some nights all I can remember is being on the dancefloor, dancing with girls in short skirts and fist bumping every guy around me.
They all loved it.

I am not going to pretend I am some god with picking up women, because I am certain it was just the fact that I was the only white guy in the club / tall person.
So fuck the "ohh this is the best place to go" or "the women here are better". Just go out during the week when all the expats are working and you should be fine.

Its quite funny how in Japan they are so cool and blasé about objectifying women. We went to some whore houses just for shits n giggles. They were pretty weird.
One of them you just pay to talk to a girl on the phone and she is behind a sheet of glass in front of you.

(something I have to recommend because i still laugh when thinking about it).
But one of the weirdest places I went to was this "maid" or "servant" bar. I'm not sure exactly what they are called.
You know what, I don't even think I could describe it, or I don't even know if I understood what was going on.
The add said "free entertainment". Which was the girls working there making us sing and dance along with them when they would bring out our drinks.
I'm guessing it was some kind of over the top cosplay thing.
Anyway here is the link to the website and a little youtube video i made of it.

http://maidreamin.com/en
http://youtu.be/wfanJ0Glqac

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

@spalex: That's a maid cafe. A place where a glass of coke goes for 10 dollars and you pay for women to talk to you and cast "spells" to make your drink "sparkle." Oh did I mentioned that an hour there probably buys you a dinner for 2? And you wonder why this country's birthrate is so low.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Just a quick update:

I went out with this chick ytd for dinner and ended up with passable sex and breakfast in bed. Typing this in the office now and feeling the top of the world. The highlight of the night was surprisingly not her lol. She was going to be an hour late for the date so I decided to check out the Kinokuniya bookstore in Shinjuku. Got this cute girl to show me the way, a 19 year old girl about to start college. She was goddamn amazingly cute and also very receptive to all my jokes and conversation. However we all know how unpredictable these women are so I'm not reading too much into this until I get her out on a second date. One thing I realised is that being gentlemanly and practicing the whole "ladies first" crap would make these girls cream their pants. That joy on her face when I told her to walk on the inside of the road and I gently shifted her while we walked. I witnessed first hand how powerful these simple gestures we take for granted in the West are in Japan. Seems like the men here spend thousands on suits but threw chivalry out of the window while at it

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Anyone has any info to drop on nightlife in Ueno or as such? I'm considering East Tokyo for awhile. The commute on the Ginza line from Shibuya to Asakusa every first train just screws me up mentally and I'm tired of the long journey. For these few weeks, gonna just focus on Ueno.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

I agree that opening in English automatically creates that unique "oh, asian guy who's also american" vibe which can buy you some face time but I 100% completely disagree with your indirect approach, and it's not limited to Japan. Sorry, I've met my last 3 gf's (one in Japan), another Korean and one Chinese girl here in US all by opening direct LIKE A MAN. I would focus more on who you are as a person vs exterior qualities since no matter what language, women and humans in general are INTUTIVE and they will pick up on these sub-communications of who you are as a person.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Keyword: In the US
I have lived in LA for 5 years of my life and completely understand what you mean. Americans are most receptive to direct approaches. All women love confidence in their man but in Japan, directly approaching is immediately labelled Nampa which is the Japanese word for pick up but in an incredibly negative annotation from the English meaning. I have had success with Asian girls in the US as well, especially non natives, meaning they are there for college for probably a year and wasn't born in the States. This is because most East Asians are very ignorant about the West. They take what they see in the movies as what they perceive as reality in the West. So that they feel the need to "be American" when they are approached by Americans. I agree that sub-communications are incredibly important but picking up in Japan, going direct in daygame is almost impossible. Getting judged by friends is one thing, these girls give a greater fuck about someone else's opinion: strangers around them. This country is ridiculously introverted so they are very sensitive to what people around who are secretly listening thinks, even though they probably never see them again.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Japan is freezing today. If you have work to do, take it to a Starbucks. Behold the treasure trove of women!

Asians gaming in Tokyo

That's because you are a white man. Most women in Asia have different standard for an Asian-looking man, expecting him to adhere to the local dating culture.
Quote: (04-05-2015 10:33 PM)fucksong Wrote:  

but I 100% completely disagree with your indirect approach, and it's not limited to Japan. Sorry, I've met my last 3 gf's (one in Japan), another Korean and one Chinese girl here in US all by opening direct LIKE A MAN. I would focus more on who you are as a person vs exterior qualities since no matter what language, women and humans in general are INTUTIVE and they will pick up on these sub-communications of who you are as a person.

They treat you as an Overseas Japanese in Japan, not Chinese, Singaporean or American.

Japanese Americans are seen as exotic, but heard is not the case for Japanese Brazillians. Non-asian Brazillians of any race are however treated friendly in Japan, something to do with Brazillian soccer.

Your US experience will be interesting to the Japanese, but not Singapore and they are mostly not interested in China. That's because few Japanese know much about Singapore and Singapore is not very interesting, well actually conservative by both American and Japanese standard.

Japanese are indirect people, more so than the Koreans and Chinese. When they smile, it does not always mean they are happy. They tend to hide their unhappy and angry emotions more than the other Asians.

Daygaming in Japan or Asia is difficult, for both foreign and japanese men.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Quote: (04-05-2015 10:04 PM)Zerdame Wrote:  

Anyone has any info to drop on nightlife in Ueno or as such? I'm considering East Tokyo for awhile. The commute on the Ginza line from Shibuya to Asakusa every first train just screws me up mentally and I'm tired of the long journey. For these few weeks, gonna just focus on Ueno.

They only club that's decent is Club Diana, but I believe that was in Ginza, thing about that club is that it's good on SUNDAY nights for some reason and open from about 7 - last train or something.

I don't know much about Ueno, Shibuya is pretty much where it's at, imo better than Roppongi

OH just found the site:

http://clubdiana.jp/

The club is open on Saturdays as well:
http://clubdiana.jp/?page_id=1415

Funny thing about that club, is that the club is pretty much located in Ginza station. . .That's the only club I know that's in a station, I have no idea how they make that work business wise other than catering to the older working crowd or something.

@Zed, I dunno if you've been here for a while or not but, Nampa DOES work, if you've paid attention while in Shibuya, J-dudes nampa there like crazy, but its very hard to see sometimes, because while you can classify it as "direct" the guys do it in a way that you really don't notice it.
(and no I'm not talking about the Host guys in Shinjuku who are trying to recruit new business/new hostesses, that's totally different)

What they do is just walk up beside the girl, and start talking to them like they already know them, they wear regular clothes that don't make them stand out, and walk up to the girl (from behind) and make it look like they were talking the whole time, the dude just talks and talks to get the girl to open up, the only time I really noticed this was when the guy failed and would walkaway for the next girl.

Nampa is not really seen as bad, its pretty much accepted, although the textbook idea is that it's usually seen as a youth thing or whatnot...but I've seen 34 year old guys do that stuff.

But yeah, indirect game, is where it's at in Japan, for ME personally its way easier, because fuck walking around for 3-4 hours on an off day walking up to girls and trying to get with them (I've done that. . .)

doing direct Nampa CAN get you success but, its not because you have "Game" but more like you won the lotterr-ia(sorry for the pun) for that day as you pretty much just met a girl who either:

a)wants a dick in them.

b)wants YOUR dick in them.

And you just got lucky.

of course thing is if you LOOK GOOD, (dressing well) and then open in English, those defenses drop (when approaching indirectly)

What I used to do was hang out in Shibuya and go to the record stores: Tower records, the one above the Starbucks on the crossing corner (Tsutaya) and the old HMV which was oddly enough my best spot as it was built in a way where you can approach indirectly and people really can't tell the difference (its the forever 21 now) basically, just check out the shop, each floor and isle, and see the aisles you like looking at music, and at like you're buying something, then approach about the music she's buying. it's way easier if she's into Western music, since if she's looking at western music, she's probably interested in western Dick.

Isaiah 4:1

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Hey CJ_W, thanks for the advice, will definitely check that place out.

In addition, quite alot has changed since I last checked on this post. I have now moved to Ikebukuro so fuck lousy logistics, my new place is so much better in terms of planning.

So about Nanpa in Japan? I realized playing the confused foreigner card pay off BIG time for me. Like some guys on the forum suggest to NOT talk about Nanpa because it carries a negative stigma to it or at least it does at face value. However I found that talking about Nanpa and BEING CONFUSED why its a "bad thing" works really well with chicks here. The whole idea is to package the idea that picking up girls is sooooooo normal in the US that you are confused why people are so resistant to it here. You offer the "alternate experience" and feed them their Hollywood dream. Hell I even showed them those "getting a kiss in 10secs" social experiment videos and while they "freaked out" at how liberal American girls are, you easily narrow down those who are DTFs by their responses to you AFTER you show them the video. Those who continue to give IOIs are normally DTFs. The idea is that they feel like they are not sluts, after all its been 1 hour since you met and you have made no attempts to kiss her in public, it reassures her that she's not a slut and it justifies your advances as "because he's American." Nampa is a pretty shitty because it generalizes everything you do as "nampa" which can get annoying but with some work, you can get it to work for you. Especially if she calls you out on your game

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Quote: (04-05-2015 11:13 PM)Zerdame Wrote:  

Keyword: In the US
I have lived in LA for 5 years of my life and completely understand what you mean. Americans are most receptive to direct approaches. All women love confidence in their man but in Japan, directly approaching is immediately labelled Nampa which is the Japanese word for pick up but in an incredibly negative annotation from the English meaning. I have had success with Asian girls in the US as well, especially non natives, meaning they are there for college for probably a year and wasn't born in the States. This is because most East Asians are very ignorant about the West. They take what they see in the movies as what they perceive as reality in the West. So that they feel the need to "be American" when they are approached by Americans. I agree that sub-communications are incredibly important but picking up in Japan, going direct in daygame is almost impossible. Getting judged by friends is one thing, these girls give a greater fuck about someone else's opinion: strangers around them. This country is ridiculously introverted so they are very sensitive to what people around who are secretly listening thinks, even though they probably never see them again.

nope, i met my japanese ex-gf at ikebukuro station. anyways to each their own. if what youre doing works for you, go for it. for me, i dont want my external environment to change how i behave and act since im only being honest. ganbatte man

Asians gaming in Tokyo

I have a soft spot for girls from home. At my language school now, there's a Singaporean girl who's apparently here for some J deathmetal tour. A loser by definition in Singapore due to her interests, she's a decent 7. She was talking to me very casually about how she's very curious about Kabukicho and how her brother visits the red light district often back in Singapore lol. She gave off a crazy chick vibe so I'm keeping things slow. Haven't asked her out but got her Line. Sometimes I dig crazy.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

I´ve just came from Japan 2 weeks ago after spending a month there, and what a month!

I´m half Spanish and asian, for physical appereance I blended in pretty much, but when engaging on a conversation "my Spaniard side" came up. First language is Spanish. But also I can speak English, German and some Japanese.

Techniques:

Open in ENGLISH ALWAYS: If you are a white/black/any color thats not Japanese-like, you would get the "ehhh" if you open in Japanese. But if you're like me and look Japanese before you say anything, a simple "excuse me" would be sufficient. After that, sit back and enjoy the next few seconds as they struggle to comprehend the fact that an Asian is speaking to them in English. After that, go on a barrage in rapid fast English.

Definetly I agree, despite English is not my first language, I spent my whole life studying English and even went to live in the UK two years. So when speaking my pronunciation doesn´t sounds Spanish. One of the days I made a little experiment, I started opening in Japanese and normally didn´t got far from the first two sentences despite having studied Japanese two years at college. Then I decided to try it in English and the results were much better, even I got an instant invitation to join some ladies to a summer matsuri/festival!

One thing I realised is that being gentlemanly and practicing the whole "ladies first" crap would make these girls cream their pants.

Spot on! I remember dating a girl and went to a restaurant for supper. There was a massive queue and it took a while to get into the place, once thing I noticed it was a lot of couples waiting in front of us and the guy just opening the door, going through and then the girl following him submissively. When our turn arrived, I opened the door and I said "Please, after you" and she was so surprised. Even when sitting on our table she had a really happy face all the time. Being gentlemanly and "Ladies first" will work to your favour.

So far, dress nicely, be funny, a bit of teasing and have fun!

I can´t wait for going back, loved Osaka completely.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Pretty cool thread mates. I'm Taiwanese American and will be in Tokyo for a month in April. Will see how my experience overlaps/differs from yours, Zerdame.

I was in Tokyo for a few months couple years ago. I'd say moon game was probably the funnest and most effective pick-up channel for me personally. My standards for Asians are pretty high, so most girls that I see out in Tokyo clubs just don't excite me, especially since I'm coming from Taipei. (I was going to places like Velours, Feria, and Mado Lounge). I do see lots of cute Japanese girls during the day, but back then I didn't daygame, so can't comment on how effective it is. Since then, I've gone hardcore into daygaming so I'll report how the vibe is.

Moon game for me had the most organic vibe. It's generally a very fun vibe where girls had most of their guards down.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Moon game?

Asians gaming in Tokyo

^Never came across that term too. Care to elaborate what moon game is?

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Basically street gaming at night before the clubs get popping or when they're about to close down. For Tokyo, this meant pre-gaming at konbini's in popular areas like Shibuya (less so in Roppongi) and just hitting up chicks. I honestly can't imagine anyone who's unable to meet and socialize in this fun, drunk, high-energy environment.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Getting numbers or Line that way is pretty easy. You'll get a number close almost every girl you talk to. The conversion rates to dates is where it fucks you up. Probably 1 girl would eventually meet you and get you your notch from 10 girls you number close? That could sound like good stats for you but its time consuming and energy sapping for me. Its easier to pre game for me by hitting a HUB early around 8 to get into the mood and then head to the clubs with friends. Street opens associate you with the dozens of Nampa-shis in Shibuya as mentioned and you're hitting on girls who already have preempted bitchshields up.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Quote: (03-20-2016 09:04 AM)Zerdame Wrote:  

Getting numbers or Line that way is pretty easy. You'll get a number close almost every girl you talk to. The conversion rates to dates is where it fucks you up. Probably 1 girl would eventually meet you and get you your notch from 10 girls you number close? That could sound like good stats for you but its time consuming and energy sapping for me. Its easier to pre game for me by hitting a HUB early around 8 to get into the mood and then head to the clubs with friends. Street opens associate you with the dozens of Nampa-shis in Shibuya as mentioned and you're hitting on girls who already have preempted bitchshields up.

Are you going London-style direct, or Roosh-style indirect?

Each has it advantages and disadvantages. London-style filters more heavily, so you need more volume to compensate, while Roosh-style filters less, so you burn more time on flaky leads.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

I only do Roosh-style indirect but I was replying based on what abcdefg was saying which sounds more London-style direct. The London style is not that effective in Japan due to most girls being afraid to be labelled as "picked up by a Nanpa dude." If I ever have to do street game, its always indirect like asking for directions or asking for help to read some kanji.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Hey yall - quick update here. Spent roughly 3 weeks in Tokyo and got 5 lays. 2 night game, 2 day game, and 1 from bumble (Ukrainian stripper).

Key insights to daygaming in Tokyo is to filter for girls who speak English. My experience was that girls who spoke no English would blow me out completely. Girls who spoke even just a little bit English absolutely loved my approach. I daygamed like it was my full time job, and honestly the talent is not that great. I saw maybe 1 girl who inspired me per every 2 days, mostly around Omotesanto. Shibuya in my mind is horrible for daygame as it's way too crowded and girls there are generally quite young, and in Japan that means they have yet to reach the peak of their sexual market value. IMO Japanese girls who are 25-35 are the best. 18-23 are too immature, have horrible fashion, don't know how to properly deliver their femininity, too jittery, etc. Girls 25-35 are much more composed, knows how to be feminine, and can carry on a conversation. The fact that Asians/Japanese age so well means a 35 year old Japanese woman is still at the peak of her SMV.

How to filter for girls who speak English? Easiest way is to look for girls who are dressed in tight Western/American-style jeans. I was shocked how popular these ultra baggy pants were in Japan. Not only does it not show off their legs, it also accentuates how horrible (flat) Japanese asses are. Also, I daygamed around areas such as Omotesanto and Ebisu much more than places like Shibuya.

Best place to DG in Tokyo is Omotesanto from 1-4pm. The street that Omotesanto Hills is on is the best. I personally preferred the south side of the street. Start from around the oriental gift shop store and work your way east until the next big road.

Ebisu from about 6-8pm is also not too bad. Lots of young professionals getting off work. Advantage in choosing this location is that they are not too young. However, disadvantage is that it seems like train stations in Japan are very spammy. The number of girls I was able to stop at Omotesanto was significantly higher than at Ebisu station.

Asians gaming in Tokyo

Quote: (03-21-2016 05:41 AM)Zerdame Wrote:  

I only do Roosh-style indirect but I was replying based on what abcdefg was saying which sounds more London-style direct. The London style is not that effective in Japan due to most girls being afraid to be labelled as "picked up by a Nanpa dude." If I ever have to do street game, its always indirect like asking for directions or asking for help to read some kanji.

I only do the London style direct. I understand what you mean - if I went direct, almost 99% of girls who did not speak Japanese were blow outs. However, if the girls spoke English, it was very very easy. Big anime eyes, extremely high compliance, very conversational, etc. It was so easy to tell they wanted the bang that on my dates I stopped giving a fuck about smooth escalations. One time I met up a barista girl at her cafe after she got off work and bounced her directly to my apartment. My excuse was I needed to put on a heavier jacket. Lol.