rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which Cities in America are worse than DC?

Ha.

I had to try out the new "DC Subforum".

So in the spirit of things, which cities in America are worse than DC?

Just so, you know, I can scratch them off my list.

I would say Denver CO, San Diego CA, San Jose CA are worse than DC. There's an even bigger sausage fest in those cities. Denver is jokingly called "Menver" and San Diego/San Jose are called "Man Diego/Man Jose."

Generally, CA isn't as rosy as many of the guys here claim. California has lots of dudes, and not that many women.

The entire West Coast is problematic. Oregon and Washington state have very few girls as well, it's mostly guys that move there.

True, DC is awful right now. But keep in mind, around 2004-07 it was pretty good. So DC hasn't always been a waste of time.

You might ask, what's the best place for a guy in the US?
1) The Northeast: NYC and Boston (NYC is by far #1)
2) Chicago
3) New Orleans LA.

Philadelphia - I lived near Philly for years and worked right downtown and it never impressed me. The only good thing about Philly were the surrounding South Jersey and Delaware (south of Wilmington) areas where women giving up sex seemed like some established law.

Detroit - Double the materialism of DC with half the money DC has...ugh.

Resorts of "touristy" areas of Jamaica - A guy staying of the resort cannot bring a female who is not staying at the resort but if the resort has a club...SOMEHOW a whole bunch of guys with no resort ID band are in the club grinding on the females.

California is a lot bigger than just San Diego and San Jose. You still got L.A., Long beach, Sacramento, O.C. etc that have even m/f ratio or more females then males. I'm not sure about San Jose, but I don't know anyone from San Diego who has problems pulling women there.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Baltimore. The universities help with the quality a bit but it's not a place you'd want to live in.

Yeah, Baltimore doesn't have a singles culture

actually Baltimore has great, down to earth girls that are hotter then DC.

San Diego blows DC out of the water. Its not even close on a talent level. Maybe the ratio isnt as great (although its always been fine when I was out there) but the quality absolutely smokes DC. Its really not even close. All the girls who move to San Diego do so because they want to have fun, party, and sit on the beach, not save the whales or make partner by 35.

Quote: (05-17-2011 10:34 AM)Brian Wrote:  

actually Baltimore has great, down to earth girls that are hotter then DC.

San Diego blows DC out of the water. Its not even close on a talent level. Maybe the ratio isnt as great (although its always been fine when I was out there) but the quality absolutely smokes DC. Its really not even close. All the girls who move to San Diego do so because they want to have fun, party, and sit on the beach, not save the whales or make partner by 35.

Disagree. Baltimore is worse than DC. I've been to both places and lived in several cities.

True, the people in Baltimore are more down to earth and less materialistic but it's because there isn't much of a status culture here. All the ambitious and young people tend to move out of the city hence why it is slowly dying (-5% / 10 y). That being said, most of what's left is trashy, old, and overweight (remember 60% of the city is ghetto). Any given day you go out to bars etc.. you'll find that most of the people are 30+ because there is a bit of an exodus of young people, it's slowed down recently but its still there.

Here's a census report showing I'm not making this up. A bit old but its still true. report

The one thing that roosh mentioned Baltimore has going for it - universities have to be taken with w/ grain of salt as well. (U Baltimore, MICA, UMBC, JHU). Hopkins is the largest but ... you know where all the average looking girls in DC with amazing personalities come from? Places like JHU. The other colleges are smaller and flirt with trashiness.

Also fun fact. You're very liable to get mugged/robbed in baltimore as well. It's fairly common. And every year or so, some yuppie wanders a little too close to the ghetto and gets killed. But you get used to it, and for some reason the city grows on you.

Baltimore was always known (at least to DC guys) as a place to pick up down-to-earth but trashy and kind of "stank" women. You goto a Baltimore club because at least the chicks will grind on dudes. You may not get a chick higher than a 5.5, but it was not-so-difficult quick sex.

Quote: (05-16-2011 10:32 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

I would say Denver CO, San Diego CA, San Jose CA are worse than DC. There's an even bigger sausage fest in those cities. Denver is jokingly called "Menver" and San Diego/San Jose are called "Man Diego/Man Jose."

This is true not just San Jose, the whole South Bay/East Bay area. South Bay is full of men. Easy Bay (except Oakland) is full of fat women.

One thing why it is worse is that so far I couldn't find a single club here in the area (besides a few in SF) which would have a dress code and enforce it. Even lounges in 5 star hotels are full of people in flip flops and baggy pants. And I can't put myself to approach a creature dressed up like that.

^^ That is correct, a much more casual culture which doesn't work for many people, and also huge sausage fests. People who are starry-eyed about CA don't know what they're talking about. CA is pretty miserable for a single guy, not enough women to go around.

Read some of the following articles:

"Man Jose" (San Jose)
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/...-0531.html
Why LA sucks for a single guy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-ali-bin...79298.html

Here is the thing with California (I know I am making broad brush strokes here):

A small percentage of the guys get all the girls, which thankfully I happen to be in.

If you are not in that percentage, you get nothing. Competition is super tight and the playing field is often messed up (different reasons for each city).

I don't know how some guys do it. Really, I think they are just happy to be "watching the game take place" and are from horrible places to begin with. If you are not bringing A-grade Game, prepare to get blanked. And those hot girls you see? Yeah, you won't ever get them.

The other issue with California is the spread out nature.

A top playboy in NYC or Miami Beach, is swooping more girls per day than a top California player. Logistics.

That being said, there are fly girls in California.

But there is no surplus.

NYC, Miami, and Chicago have more a surplus of girls.

The other problem is the police state that California has become in the last 10 or so years.

That is why everyone goes to Las Vegas.

I am probably switching my Base of Operations outside of California soon. (I have only been there 3 weeks so far in 2011.)

California is eating its own children. And it doesn't realize the bloody mess it has created.

It's too bad also, it could have been America's shinning star. Oh well.

The way I see it, between CA's huge Hispanic immigrant population (mostly male migrant workers) and the "Go West young man" mentality that has encouraged young men to move there in huge numbers (not least the huge IT sector), it's not surprising that there would be a male surplus. And as we know, when there's a male surplus, the guys feel the squeeze.

I concur with G manifesto. If your game is right you should have no more problem pulling women in L.A. than you would in New York. All this talk about ratios is pretty irrelevant baring the most extreme examples i.e. some bumfuck town in the alaskan tundra with 20 guys to every woman. Baring those kinds of situations, these "ratios" mean very little. Lets say you go to bar X in any city, you walk in and you see approx 60 guys and 40 hot girls, do you walk out the door? Just because some of those guys won't pull anything doesnt mean you have to be one of them.

Bottom line, if your in a metropolitan area with 1 million or more people and your not getting laid you need to step your game up plain and simple. The ratios play a small part but whats more important is your attitude and game.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (05-17-2011 07:07 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Baltimore. The universities help with the quality a bit but it's not a place you'd want to live in.

I second this. Baltimore is horrible in pretty much all aspects.

Add Detroit and Flushing, MI to the list.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-17-2011 06:44 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

From my experience girls in Baltimore are friendlier and easier to number close (not talking about fake #s here) and kiss close. I honestly can't come up with a large city worse than DC.

Quote: (05-17-2011 06:44 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

I've been out in Baltimore lots of times, places like Canton and Federal Hill and all the girls are super cool and more attractive then DC girls. They're a little rougher around the edges socially then DC girls but they dont have that huge stick of self importance up their asses

[/quote]

I honestly can't come up with a large city worse than DC.
[/quote]

I have been thinking about this and I would have to agree. The only major city that I've spent anytime in that I would not take before DC is Dallas.., to me Dallas is just one big shopping mall. DC proper is horrible. I attest it's downfall to gentrification. I live in the suburbs of DC. NoVa to be exact. Many parts of DC seem more suburban than the suburbs now. I see more hot women in NoVa than DC. I have much more success in NoVa than in DC proper. I've gotten my Iranian, Ethiopian, Brasilian, and Argentine flags in the suburbs of DC.

I lived in some out of the way places in the USA so I temper my DC bashing knowing that I could be stuck out in the middle of no where. There are hotties in the DC Metro area who don't have attitude and thank goodness NYC is just a few hours drive up the road and thank goodness I live not too far from Dulles Airport. Another good point for DC, lots of direct international flights to places I actually enjoy. I get the phuck outta DC as often as I can.

What keeps me here? I am a defense contractor and almost all the good gigs that pay very well are right here in the DC metro. My plan is to make the cash and split once I've reached my goal. Golden handcuffs are a bitch!

I think San Francisco can compete with DC when it comes to the looks department. The one redeeming factor of San Fran is that they have a great party scene, and the people are way more fun than the ones in DC.