rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Attic room arrangement/decoration?

Getting a new roommate, starting a new internship. So I wanna redo my room. School days are over.

In my apartment, I got the attic room, my roommate got the bedroom downstair. I'm actually really happy with mine. It's very spacious, twice the size of the other bedroom and the slanted ceiling is very acceptable, I don't have to lower my head or anything. Good thing I'm not that tall

I've got about 48 square meter = 500 square foot, and with the slanted ceiling to one end let's say about 40 sq m = 430 sq ft of walkable space (the rest can still be used for furniture placement) Room is 8x6m, so 28x20 ft.

Anyone here good with interior design who might give me an idea on how best to utilize my space? I google a lot of setup but most of it are too childish or too colorful to my taste.

Lighting too is a big thing for me. I'm thinking with the attic setting, maybe get some color light to put on those special nights instead of the normal incandescent light? If so, what color? I'm thinking dark blue/dark purple for a more romantic dim setting?

I also want to make it look a bit more young professional like, and not young college buck like. Thoughts?

Here's my set up so far:

Double bed to the far end of the room, towards the slanted part (no need for extra height for the bed), night stand, table nearby. Work desk opposite bed, under the US flag [Image: wink.gif]

Big comfy couch near the entrance stair. Nearby table for snack/drinks. Opposite is my homemade bar with the mirrors. This is where I bring girls to chill once they are at my place. Lotta space in front of the sofa so I can knock off some dance game with her.

Closet next to the entrance.

Sorry for the mess, I just dig up and unpack everything and want some feedback before I re-arrange everything.

[Image: IMG_20150331_245852070.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150331_011849361.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150331_011418041.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150331_014310416_HDR1.jpg]

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

thats a pretty sweet setup already, nice and spacious. Just keep it tidy although I saw the disclaimer at the top about the mess.
No windows?

Quote: (03-30-2015 06:35 PM)komatiite Wrote:  

thats a pretty sweet setup already, nice and spacious. Just keep it tidy although I saw the disclaimer at the top about the mess.
No windows?

Oh yeah, forgot about window. Edited in OP.

The window is the thing I hate most. It's tiny and just... doesn't fit in. I was thinking installing some curtain but then that would cover the room heater [Image: angry.gif] for all their glorious architecture the French couldn't design this goddamn room right

damn dude. I think you drink more than I do.

Nice setup, I'd clean up the clutter a bit but I don't have much room to talk there. I had to laugh looking at your wardrobe. I used to grow weed in my room in a grow tent and I'd always have girls over, regulars and randoms, looking back kinda a stupid thing to do, anyhow, girls used to always ask what this giant grow tent was and I'd always tell them a wardrobe. On occasion the automtic lights and fan would come on and I'm sure they wondered why I had all this shit running inside my wardrobe lol.

As far as the design, I'd just declutter a bit, throw pillows aren't bad chicks love them. I'm big on lighting as well, some posters on here have done some writeups on those bulbs with remotes you can buy from China off amazon or ebay, those are cool for mood lighting. I also like those paper lantern lights for setting the mood.

Quote: (03-30-2015 08:09 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Nice setup, I'd clean up the clutter a bit but I don't have much room to talk there. I had to laugh looking at your wardrobe. I used to grow weed in my room in a grow tent and I'd always have girls over, regulars and randoms, looking back kinda a stupid thing to do, anyhow, girls used to always ask what this giant grow tent was and I'd always tell them a wardrobe. On occasion the automtic lights and fan would come on and I'm sure they wondered why I had all this shit running inside my wardrobe lol.

As far as the design, I'd just declutter a bit, throw pillows aren't bad chicks love them. I'm big on lighting as well, some posters on here have done some writeups on those bulbs with remotes you can buy from China off amazon or ebay, those are cool for mood lighting. I also like those paper lantern lights for setting the mood.

You mean one of these things right?
[Image: 91WOIs7YHZL._SL1500_.jpg]

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B009ZSP2...d_i=405320

Just ordered myself this disco light, to try out:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00D41DB...ge_o00_s00

Hah, your weed story give me an idea. I wanna grow mint leaves for my mojitos, and having a bit of green life in the room would be kick ass. But taking care of it would be a bitch.

You got a link on the lighting discussion?

Quote: (03-30-2015 08:53 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-30-2015 08:09 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

You mean one of these things right?
[Image: 91WOIs7YHZL._SL1500_.jpg]

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B009ZSP2...d_i=405320

Just ordered myself this disco light, to try out:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00D41DB...ge_o00_s00

Hah, your weed story give me an idea. I wanna grow mint leaves for my mojitos, and having a bit of green life in the room would be kick ass. But taking care of it would be a bitch.

You got a link on the lighting discussion?

Yep, thanks for posting, those are exactly the lights I was talking about. I can't find the discussion, I don't think it was a discussion specifically on lighting I think someone was asking for help designing a studio condo or something.

Ya as for the weed story, mint leaves for mohitos isn't a bad idea. I always try to have at least a little garden going in the summer for mint and some herbs as well as some fresh lettuce and whatever I can grow in pots.

As for the weed, ya its not as easy as you'd think, proper nutes, proper ph. You can get through 80% of the cycle no problems but the last couple weeks everything will either die on you or you'll wind up with a nice grow but its definately not easy.

I'm guessing that the feng shui of your pad isn't too important to you then [Image: tard.gif]
Good advice so far with the lighting.
I used to work in construction so I can sport some tips if you're looking to redecorate.
Are you going for any particular theme or feel in your apartment? Do you want to make it more appealing to potential bangs or more laid-back?

You should redecorate it to look like a dungeon. Think Medieval chic. Not spooky, by with a bit of intrigue and sex appeal. Some furry handcuffs hanging across that ceiling support thing would be a start.

Thats a sweet room, you dont need that much interior decorating to make it look good.

Clean it, get rid of all the trash, get a plush comforter and perhaps a nicer mattress, get rid of any fratboy type stuff, get that flag framed, hide the alcohol and perhaps get one of those mini-fridges so you dont have to walk down to the kitchen for ice, and you are set.

Some ambient lights and a bedside table with a drawer for you to keep condoms and lube would also help.

Quote: (04-01-2015 01:54 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Thats a sweet room, you dont need that much interior decorating to make it look good.

Clean it, get rid of all the trash, get a plush comforter and perhaps a nicer mattress, get rid of any fratboy type stuff, get that flag framed, hide the alcohol and perhaps get one of those mini-fridges so you dont have to walk down to the kitchen for ice, and you are set.

Some ambient lights and a bedside table with a drawer for you to keep condoms and lube would also help.

Thanks for the feedback bro.

Er why should I hide the alcohol? The whole idea is to set up a nice home bar with all the cool bottles showing, no?

Quote: (04-02-2015 04:23 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2015 01:54 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Thanks for the feedback bro.

Er why should I hide the alcohol? The whole idea is to set up a nice home bar with all the cool bottles showing, no?

When you have the alcohol in the bedroom like that it looks like your either a frat boy or a raging alcoholic. Home bars look nice when there is a designated space that can be easily identified as a bar space. Not just a dresser next to the bed.