rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

college town game for a university employee?

I'm soon moving to a college town in the US. I'm gonna have an academic job but with no teaching. So the majority of my day targets are gonna be students who are some 8-15 years younger than me. I have no problem with this of course but with all the rape hysteria and ageism (against men dating younger girls) I'm a bit afraid. Problem is that I'm not anti-fragile. Do you think my worry is justified or am I being a pussy?

A whore ain't nothing but a trick to a pimp. (Iceberg Slim)
Beauty is in the erection of the beholder. (duedue)
Grab your life by the pussy.
A better question to ask is "What EXACTLY do I want out of life and what EXACTLY am I doing to get EXACTLY that? If you can answer that question truthfully you will be the most Alpha motherfucker you will ever need to be. (PapayaTapper)

Go indirect and cold read their major as a start. "Let me guess, you're a xyz major?" Make it extreme, like tell an artsy chick she's an accounting major etc.

This is real basic and likely will not get you laid immediately. It's just to build comfort so you're not so in your head. And right now you're way too far in your head. And yes, that can easily make you feel like a pussy. The point is to start taking "some action" and go from there.

Definitely thinking too much into this. My friend works as a translator
at a large University and recently married one of the students there
who is at least 12 years younger than him.

Quote: (03-23-2015 03:05 AM)duedue Wrote:  

I'm soon moving to a college town in the US. I'm gonna have an academic job but with no teaching. So the majority of my day targets are gonna be students who are some 8-15 years younger than me. I have no problem with this of course but with all the rape hysteria and ageism (against men dating younger girls) I'm a bit afraid. Problem is that I'm not anti-fragile. Do you think my worry is justified or am I being a pussy?

I wonder why I get this sense that your posts come off as trollish?

Maybe you are able to explain some circumstances to us rather than speculating?

Have you ever been to the US? Have you ever tried gaming US women in the US or abroad? What is your success or lack of success with NON-US women?

What is going to be your position in the US town that you are moving to? Are you working at the University, or are you going to be employed in an area in which you meet college women? Or, do you plan to go to college hang outs or on campus and attempt to pick up girls? What is your anticipated activities that is going to expose you to college women?

Are you going to the east coast, south, west coast, central? You know colleges and towns are different in the US of A, depending upon the geographical region?

I'm there now. It's in VA. My first impression is that girls don't make eye contact. Of course one may say this is because I'm not handsome but as in Roosh's article on Toronto, I've got eye contact with smiles, a lot from European girls.

My boss told me the university rule is that faculty are not even allowed to get physically involved with students who are not their own. Have not got around to check what the regulation says exactly but it seems too restrictive (given that the majority of the girls in town are students). [Image: angry.gif]

By the way, I remember that Heartiste mentioned in an article a law in the South which is why PUA's don't head there. Could you tell me about it? I can't remember the name.

@JayJuan: I've not been so successful with women (American or not, in the US or in Europe) and not even very successful in social life. I've thought about the underlying reasons a lot and the main ones are
1-Low levels of physical energy
2-Being reticent.

A whore ain't nothing but a trick to a pimp. (Iceberg Slim)
Beauty is in the erection of the beholder. (duedue)
Grab your life by the pussy.
A better question to ask is "What EXACTLY do I want out of life and what EXACTLY am I doing to get EXACTLY that? If you can answer that question truthfully you will be the most Alpha motherfucker you will ever need to be. (PapayaTapper)

If you are able to solve complex mathematical problems that the students and even the professors can't solve then you should have no problem attracting teh poon. At least that's the way it worked in a movie I saw.

Quote: (03-28-2015 05:47 PM)duedue Wrote:  

I'm there now. It's in VA. My first impression is that girls don't make eye contact. Of course one may say this is because I'm not handsome but as in Roosh's article on Toronto, I've got eye contact with smiles, a lot from European girls.

My boss told me the university rule is that faculty are not even allowed to get physically involved with students who are not their own. Have not got around to check what the regulation says exactly but it seems too restrictive (given that the majority of the girls in town are students). [Image: angry.gif]

By the way, I remember that Heartiste mentioned in an article a law in the South which is why PUA's don't head there. Could you tell me about it? I can't remember the name.

@JayJuan: I've not been so successful with women (American or not, in the US or in Europe) and not even very successful in social life. I've thought about the underlying reasons a lot and the main ones are
1-Low levels of physical energy
2-Being reticent.

I am glad that you are willing to admit your lack of success because some of your post come off as a little bit strange. But, anyhow, if you recognize that you have some issues, then you can attempt to employ various resources in order to attempt to make progress in the right direction.

For example, there are a lot of activities on campuses and around campuses. As you already suggested, you will NOT necessarily have to engage in campus specific activities in order to meet girls from the campus. You could start some hobbies that are going to cause you to socialize more, such as martial arts or some kind of ballroom dancing or maybe some other hobby that will cause you to meet and to interact with people. I believe that when we move to a new area, it is good to develop some hobbies that are good for that particular area, and every area have some kinds of hobbies in which you can meet a variety of people from the community and to get to know some people and to interact.... and maybe even find some tennis partners... or whatever hobby floats your boat to cause you to meet with people and to have some fun.