rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is D.C Bad for Single Men?

Roosh's blog reposted a bar photo sausagefest. But there are equal numbers of men and women in D.C. So if the women are not in a bar, then they must be elsewhere. This suggests bar-cruising is not the appropriate tactic. Maybe women meet online, or at work instead?

Just because there are equal numbers of men and women doesn't mean the power is balanced. I would like to know why one city with an average distribution would favor one gender.

DC has a lot of over-educated white girls who could stand to lose 20 lbs and have decidedly average faces. Said women believe that their education level and wack governmentalish type job makes them more of a catch than looking photogenic and being feminine...

That's why DC is a bad place for single men. It is the capital of conformity. If you have some money and are well-connected, I think DC can open up a bit. One has to ask though: If you have money and are well-connected, why would you want to spend most of your time in DC?

In hindsight, one cool thing about DC is that for a guy who puts real effort into the game, it can be a great "school of hard knocks."

Funny how many anti-DC threads there are here. There's like one every two weeks!

Quote: (05-16-2011 10:10 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Funny how many anti-DC threads there are here. There's like one every two weeks!

I know, I really need to get out of here

I always said women's rights killed dating and family virtues.

DC sucks but you can make it work. Besides, if you can conquer DC you can do well just about anywhere in the US.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-16-2011 10:59 AM)Trotter Wrote:  

I always said women's rights killed dating and family virtues.

I would say the the judicial system and the rights given to women by the judicial system killed old-school dating.

Quote: (05-16-2011 10:10 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Maybe you should launch a whole DC Subforum.

Besides allowing guys to vent 24/7 about the shitty conditions in the city, you could try to replicate the feel of the place for guys that aren't currently there. First, you'd have to ghettoize every woman-troll that tries to join by allowing them to post only in that forum. That way, when guys go there, they immediately get a hit by a wave of cunty, feminist bullshit like they would on any given night in the city. And, we would have to start a thread there called "What do you guys consider a 6?" to add some appropriate visuals.

What's more, you could also use it as a sort of virtual dungeon. If guys misbehave or start trolling, you can temporarily banish them to the DC Forum. It scares straight me just thinking about it.

[Image: lol.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

If you are looking for just "notches"....ummm, ok DC is not the place for a YOUNG guy.

You have to pretty much be an established guy in his late 20's/early 30's to get notches in DC and that is by "acting" like you are ready to settle down then catch amnesia after the notch.

DC sucks for many reason. One of the reasons its a totally sausagefest is because DC women only go out for 3 reasons:Birthday parties(special events),Bachelorette parties, or a girls night out. How many bday parties and wedding parties are you really gonna have in a year? Not many. And the girl night out groups want a night away from their boy friends.

The women here just aren't very outgoing. The suburbs of DC have single women that simply refuse to go out in DC during the weekends. Too many work obsessed boring people here.

Then there is the quality. It just seems like the jobs we have around here don't attract 9's and 10's. Or even STYLISH 7's and 8's. Go out to a bar in DC this weekend. The few girls that you even see out will put very little effort into their dress. Is it so hard to put on makeup and high heels at least? I guess they can get away with it because there is very little competition here.

I could go on for days about how bad it is here.

Quote: (05-16-2011 02:04 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

DC sucks for many reason. One of the reasons its a totally sausagefest is because DC women only go out 3 reasons:Birthday parties(special events),Bachelorette parties, or a girls night out. How many bday parties and wedding parties are you really gonna have in a year? Not many. And the girl night out groups want a night away from their boy friends.

The women here just aren't very outgoing. The suburbs of DC have single women that simply refuse to go out in DC during the weekends. Too many work obsessed boring people here.

Then there is the quality. It just seems like the jobs we have around here don't attract 9's and 10's. Or even STYLISH 7's and 8's. Go out to a bar in DC this weekend. The few girls that you even see out will put very little effort into their dress. Is it so hard to put on makeup and high heels at least? I guess they can get away with it because there is very little competition here.

I could go on for days about how bad it is here.

Well...ummm...yeah, I can see that. When you think about it, DC is a hotbed for the computer/I.T. area. If you look on just about every college campus, you ain't gonna find a whole bunch of 9's and 10's in the computer science or engineering departments. Same for the more money-making business areas like accounting or finance. So for a city that caters to folks in those areas, you are not going to see a lot of "stunnas".

Such a large city has an average distribution of attractiveness. If the women don't hang out in bars, then day game should be easy in suburban grocery stores or whereever.

A different possibility is the income distribution. D.C. has a lot of upper-middle class jobs. That might make it hard for young guys to persuade professional women. But these women are getting matched with somebody, perhaps guys with the right jobs.

Quote: (05-16-2011 01:56 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

If you are looking for just "notches"....ummm, ok DC is not the place for a YOUNG guy.

You have to pretty much be an established guy in his late 20's/early 30's to get notches in DC and that is by "acting" like you are ready to settle down then catch amnesia after the notch.

I've also discovered that "acting" like you might be ready to settle down is the key to getting laid here with the 24-32 crowd. Suckers. [Image: lol.gif]

"DC women only go out for 3 reasons:Birthday parties(special events),Bachelorette parties, or a girls night out."

That's brutal.

Those are the three worst times to swoop girls in my opinion.

If I see any of those in a bar, I steer clear.

Hell, if you see any of those in a bar, it is pretty safe to say you are in wrong spot.

Quote: (05-16-2011 04:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"DC women only go out for 3 reasons:Birthday parties(special events),Bachelorette parties, or a girls night out."

That's brutal.

Hell, if you see any of those in a bar, it is pretty safe to say you are in wrong spot.

Baldwin81, Rakishness & G Manifesto are right on the spot. As an amateur PUA who has been going out in DC for the past 10 years (I went out before that time as well but in college down south at VA Tech so doesn't really count) I will say that the ratio and quality of girls here is VERY deceiving. Since I work in the IT Statistics field I will add some figures which might make the wannabe PUAs who want to move here for the pussy cringe:

THe US Census Bureau states that 53% of DC population is female and 47% male however DC is only 600k people while the Washington, DC Metro area (including MD/VA) is the fourth largest in the nation at 8.4Million population and growing fast due to the good local economy!
If you include that then the ratio changes to 54%M vs 46%F. There is a huge military-industrial complex here and of course a big IT sector in Northern VA and a big bio-pharmaceutical presense in MD (Montgomery county).

All these military guys, computer programmers, government drones, lawyers/lobbyists and scientist nerds need places to go out to and this really skews the ratio. There is almost no entertainment sector in DC (unlike LA, LV, NY) so as one of the posters before mentioned no 9s/10s around. I can walk all day in Georgetown and would be lucky to find 1 women whose above an 8 (of course i'll see a few HB college students but I don't mess with <21year olds)!

These are the real reasons why every bar/club in DC is a sausage fest. Ad to that the fact that many of the "single" women here are for a short time for work and have boyfriends back home in some hick state/town and it get's way worse. Also, it seems to me that males who praise this city are either
a) in college (that's the one place where DC is great as Georgetown University, American U, GW, and so on are majority female)
b) visitors to DC and just base it on stats or perhaps an odd night out
c) are beta males who somehow found a gf and settled down or
d) guys with low standards since they don't know any better (haven't traveled overseas and are not familiar with attractiveness of EE or Latino women) and unfortunately this group seems very big especially among the American gringos

Groups c & d inflate the ego of local girls so much that even 6s around here think they are the next Megan Fox and literally wouldn't give you the time of day at some of the clubs.

Well I think i've vented enough about this place. Just to escape it i'm hitting Atlantic City this weekend for poker and Jersey guidettes [Image: smile.gif]

Win some cash.

Quote: (05-16-2011 06:13 PM)Hokie30 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-16-2011 04:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

That's brutal.

Baldwin81, Rakishness & G Manifesto are right on the spot. As an amateur PUA who has been going out in DC for the past 10 years (I went out before that time as well but in college down south at VA Tech so doesn't really count) I will say that the ratio and quality of girls here is VERY deceiving. Since I work in the IT Statistics field I will add some figures which might make the wannabe PUAs who want to move here for the pussy cringe:

THe US Census Bureau states that 53% of DC population is female and 47% male however DC is only 600k people while the Washington, DC Metro area (including MD/VA) is the fourth largest in the nation at 8.4Million population and growing fast due to the good local economy!
If you include that then the ratio changes to 54%M vs 46%F. There is a huge military-industrial complex here and of course a big IT sector in Northern VA and a big bio-pharmaceutical presense in MD (Montgomery county).

All these military guys, computer programmers, government drones, lawyers/lobbyists and scientist nerds need places to go out to and this really skews the ratio. There is almost no entertainment sector in DC (unlike LA, LV, NY) so as one of the posters before mentioned no 9s/10s around. I can walk all day in Georgetown and would be lucky to find 1 women whose above an 8 (of course i'll see a few HB college students but I don't mess with <21year olds)!

These are the real reasons why every bar/club in DC is a sausage fest. Ad to that the fact that many of the "single" women here are for a short time for work and have boyfriends back home in some hick state/town and it get's way worse. Also, it seems to me that males who praise this city are either
a) in college (that's the one place where DC is great as Georgetown University, American U, GW, and so on are majority female)
b) visitors to DC and just base it on stats or perhaps an odd night out
c) are beta males who somehow found a gf and settled down or
d) guys with low standards since they don't know any better (haven't traveled overseas and are not familiar with attractiveness of EE or Latino women) and unfortunately this group seems very big especially among the American gringos

Groups c & d inflate the ego of local girls so much that even 6s around here think they are the next Megan Fox and literally wouldn't give you the time of day at some of the clubs.

Well I think i've vented enough about this place. Just to escape it i'm hitting Atlantic City this weekend for poker and Jersey guidettes [Image: smile.gif]

This post pretty much sums it all up why DC sucks. Good post.

Big IT sector, big military sector, all ring true. But on the other hand, DC used to have good numbers of au-pairs from Europe, and also large numbers of college chicks who would go out every weekend. Hokie, you say you've lived in the area for 10 years. Wouldn't you agree that the clubs used to be packed as hell, as recently as a few years ago? In my experience, DC used to buzz with activity. But no more!

And another point. Unattractive girls is one matter. It's well documented. But at least, those below-average girls used to make eye contact in the past! You would go to a club and have several girls making eye contact at you. That is not happening at all now, and this is what concerns me. I have not had eye contact from ANY woman in years in DC!

I was recently in NYC on a random visit and a couple of women made eye contact with me on the streets in Manhattan. In DC, that used to happen as well, but only prior to 2009. Not anymore, for some reason.

Quote: (05-16-2011 08:23 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

Big IT sector, big military sector, all ring true. But on the other hand, DC used to have good numbers of au-pairs from Europe, and also large numbers of college chicks who would go out every weekend. Hokie, you say you've lived in the area for 10 years. Wouldn't you agree that the clubs used to be packed as hell, as recently as a few years ago? In my experience, DC used to buzz with activity. But no more!

And another point. Unattractive girls is one matter. It's well documented. But at least, those below-average girls used to make eye contact in the past! You would go to a club and have several girls making eye contact at you. That is not happening at all now, and this is what concerns me. I have not had eye contact from ANY woman in years in DC!

I was recently in NYC on a random visit and a couple of women made eye contact with me on the streets in Manhattan. In DC, that used to happen as well, but only prior to 2009. Not anymore, for some reason.

A couple things here -

dont underestimate the effects of the recession here. going out in DC aint cheap and i'd bet the costs are keeping more girls in then before, and their shifting away from higher priced clubs to cheaper places, going out later and pregaming more.

i think their are still alot of au pairs around here, although i've been out of that loop for awhile and dont know where they go. from what i used to remember they often went to places where you could get in if you were under 21 because there were usually traveling in groups and there was always 1 that was under 21.

Damn dc sounds like a shithole. The only person defending his own city is a guy who wants to settle down

Yes, the DC scene has gotten worse through the years, certainly for guys. If any PUA can pull some good game in DC, then I have no doubt that their game would be a huge success in cities like LA, NYC, and Miami. My sister just moved from NYC last year and really hated primarily because she felt like she was surrounded by government drones with no personality but when she found out she could go out to a bar with 5 dollars in her pocket and having guys buying her drinks all night, she quickly changed her mind. Someone made a post about chics in NYC. Went I went there for a trade show like 6 years ago, I went out by myself and had 7's and 8's talking to me out of the blue, so I think DC was bad before that but, with the economic downturn, a lot more of the "conformists" looking to maintain their style of life moved here to maintain their high income level. As far as the au pairs, they primarily go for betas and their numbers have shrunk thanks to immigration giving out fewer visas. Going to college in the DC area can certainly skew your vision into believing it's a happening down. Like Hokie30 said, with points C) and D) and coupled with the recession it's only reinforced most girls' behaviors.

Good point GManifesto. Those are the most god awful scenarios. I think the guys that know better like us, need to help the poor hapless souls that spend hundreds of dollars buying girls drinks in those situations. God knows I see girls milking guys for drinks in those situations all the time!

I've only had some luck with online dating in the area. Years ago I decided it was a beta tactic to meet women but in the DC area I feel it's probably one of your better alternatives.

I've also noticed that the au-pair market has shrunk. I dated some au-pairs back in '05-06 and although it was transient, at least I wasn't lonely. But that avenue seems very diminished now.

While the recession has had an effect, I don't understand why DC would suffer. DC is the one economic hub that was unaffected by the recession, in fact lots of people were supposed to move here... both males and females. Are you saying that more male transplants moved here in recent years than female ones? More jobs, more internships is supposed to be good for everybody, both men and women. DC's strong government jobs/contracts were supposed to be an oasis of wealth and stability, in an otherwise recession-torn country.

I do think that the end of the war in Iraq has tipped the scales in terms of DC's sex ratio. That's the one variable I can point to, in terms of actual demographic data. More soldiers coming home to the US = more male competition.

Cosign on the decreased au pair sightings. They used to be dime a dozen five years ago. There are so few that the fat Polish girl who would get no love back in her hometown is getting approached 20 times a night in DC. I knew a mediocre Brazilian girl (a 5), come to DC and tell me how amazing it is that guys offer to buy her drinks and take her for rides on boats (Georgetown). She loved the city of course. Back in Brazil she was a nobody.

This is what DC does to average-looking girls. [Image: shudder.gif]

Well, hold it...

We are talking Brazilian women. Unless one has been to Brazil (personally I like Salvador more than Rio/S.P. but that is another thread) a Brazilian "5" is going to beat a lot of DC women, especially to non-travelers. During our Brazil trips, we would comment how on about the 4th or 5th day, we are turning our noses to chicks who would get drinks and lobster dinner bought for her in DC.

Apples and Oranges.

Of course she will beat DC women, but my point was that in DC she felt like a supermodel, whereas back home she didn't get anywhere near that level of attention. If she went to NYC, Miami, or LA, she'd be barely noticed.