rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Business Psychology Thread

Dear RVF Forum,

Let me begin the thread by thanking the members who have contributed to all the valuable information all this time. It has helped me through plenty of barriers in terms of "Game" -- but applied to my business and sales.

Back Story

A few nights back, I had a panic attack during my sleep, related to my new upcoming business. It is not my first rodeo, so to speak; yet, this attack, I was aware and awake, but could not breathe nor move. I have quite a huge commitment to this business and have no doubt I will do well; so I had no idea why I would suffer that attack.

When I woke up, I was a little shaken, but my resolve for the business is absolute. However, it did affect my performance and mood in the gym and the rest of the days.

The-Pick-Me-Up

I have been following MikeCF's blog and Podcast for more than a year. There were countless times when I put on his Podcast when I am facing challenges in life, and this time was no different. I do Victor Prides blog as well but in terms of mindset, I find that his doesn't relate that well to me.

This particular podcast actually gave me lots of confidence in terms of taking the leap into starting a business.

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/10/04/...ons-bible/

When I woke up after the panic attack, I listened to it again on my way to the gym. The "Parable of the Talents" part reminds me time and again, why I do what I do and to keep moving on.

Then, in the gym, I had my playlist on 50 cent the whole time while pounding the weights, hard. 50s lyrics always inspires a hustle.

So Why This Thread???

As business owners, we will always run into challenges and there will be times where we are caught off guard or pushed into a bad position. I was there many times, and most of it, alone. This thread is not to pat each others in the shoulder, but more of an information and idea sharing on how to pick yourself up, dust yourself of kinda thing.

Tips like "go listen to some 50 cent" may sound absurd when you're down and out, but when you sit down, focus on the lyrics and beats, change your posture and state, will get you out of the funk, and eventually your brain will figure out a solution for the exact problem you're facing.

Therefore, aside from the small tips I have shared above, I would like to encourage the more experienced to share the ways they perk their psychology back up when you encounter a hit. You know, not just things like "get yourself up and dust yourself off" , but what exact songs do you listen do as you are picking yourself up.

Hopefully this will encourage more young men to grow, and grow stronger as they set out to do their own thing.

"When you're backed into a hole, the only way out is deeper in."