rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just got my AA degree...what are my options?

so i found out a lot of things in this forum like being able to teach english abroad, but i think you need a bachelors. i was just wondering what other certificates or jobs am i eligible for now? you guys seem to know a lot in business.

You can teach english abroad anywhere in South America but the pay won't be that good unless your lucky to find some private students and still you won't be saving money.

I heard you if you go to South Korea on a tourist visa and apply at language schools you could probably find a job teaching english. Also I think in China you don't need a bachelors degree. As far as just an AA unless you got some certain skills or a good salesman it would be hard to get a high paying job.

Quote: (05-13-2011 02:30 PM)Tony Snow25 Wrote:  

You can teach english abroad anywhere in South America but the pay won't be that good unless your lucky to find some private students and still you won't be saving money.

I heard you if you go to South Korea on a tourist visa and apply at language schools you could probably find a job teaching english. Also I think in China you don't need a bachelors degree. Unless your good at business or have certain skills its hard to find a high paying job.

Congrats on being half way done with college!

Now go to a University with hot girls. A place where you fit in and the girls wills like your look and style.

After you get your Bachelors degree, you can travel and do the teach English thing. Get the hard part out of the way.

he cant teach in south korea without a 4 yr degree.....

I'd take the advice that others have already posted: Never leave anything halfway done.

Hello.

@Dash I heard somewhere that some schools don't really care they just assume your capable of teaching because your a native speaker. Again this is probably harder to find a job. But then again you might be more susceptible to getting fucked over by a school owner that is unethical.

maybe 10 yrs ago. but to get the working visa its self you must have a 4 yr degree and pass the fbi backgroundcheck.

I had an AA, it's basically a ticket to get into a 4-yr school to get a BA. Choose well and party hard.

i was also thinking of joining the military and come in as an E-3. my main thing is i'm broke as hell, most family members work check to check, so i won't have any support. so i have a question for you guys, since most of you are a little older....

would you rather go through college during your youth, but living the college life in a dorm and on a budget, or go to college a little older like 30 (at the most), but be able to afford everything and maybe even live in a decent APT?

being old getting an undergrad is a no-no. dont be that guy.

Quote: (05-15-2011 10:12 AM)GetEm Wrote:  

i was also thinking of joining the military and come in as an E-3. my main thing is i'm broke as hell, most family members work check to check, so i won't have any support. so i have a question for you guys, since most of you are a little older....

would you rather go through college during your youth, but living the college life in a dorm and on a budget, or go to college a little older like 30 (at the most), but be able to afford everything and maybe even live in a decent APT?

why sacrifice when u can have both?!?

go to the 4 yr college and go speak to the amry or airforce rotc detachment. tell them you want to join yada yada. they will pay for your school, army pays for housing as well, and both pay you a stipend allowance every month.

finish your 2-3 years at university stress free. then when you graduate you will have a good job with zero money problems with decent vaca time. then after 4 yrs you can decide if you wanna stay in or get out.