rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nosara, Costa Rica - Datasheett

Nosara (Playa Guiones), Costa Rica

Hello gents, I recently spent a week at Playa Guiones and thought I’d share some info. Anyone that has spent more time in the area, please chime in.

Also, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, so there will be formatting errors.

Overview:

Playa Guiones is a beach known for consistent waves and an entrenched yoga culture. Some decades ago the area’s governance was handed over to expats, causing an influx of Western amenities but also an odd dynamic with the local Costa Rican government. The most glaring consequence is the notoriously bad roads and unreliable water infrastructure. High season is December to March, after which the rains starts and intense lightening storms developing in May/June.

Females:

Let me preface this by saying Costa Rica had a lot of girls from North America passing through on vacay and a good number of them were at least cute. Nosara itself had a mix of: cute girls, MILFs, stunners and normys. The hippy/surfer/yoga crowd meant a lot of tattoos and dreads – that being said, I’m not a fan of tattoos or dreads, but there were more dime pieces than one would expect given the small total number of people. And by dime pieces, I mean tall, thin, pretty face and T&A.

How I got there:

I flew into San Jose where I spent the night ($40) in a private room in a house with other Central Americans who were passing through the country. I missed the direct bus to Nosara which left at 5:30am (Alfaro busline) and ended up taking the bus to Nicoya at 7:30am and transferring to Nosara - ended up arriving at ~ 3pm.

The buses are super cheap <$10 while the cabs are super expensive ~$30 from airport to bus station.

Playa Guiones

The area is a mix of rental houses, hostels (2 I think) and hotels. The hotels/hostels are fairly spread out, so expect to do some considerable walking to each spot. You can rent motorbikes, ATVs and cars, but I think the cheapest is like $50 a day.

I recommend pre-booking a place for at least the first day. The area is fairly spread out and without a map it’s hard to find the hotels and hostels themselves. During high season, most hotels are ~$110/night, there are hostels $20/night, although all were full when I was looking. The cheapest option I found for a single room was $75/night. Luckily for me, I met people at a bar in Nosara who dropped some info on a place in the area that doesn’t advertise and is referral only. The place was essentially a commune, but the people who ran it were awesome, the energy was great, it’s location was dope and the price was cheaper than anywhere else for a private room. On top of that they had a gym! The place really made my trip exponentially better. Unfortunately I won’t drop the name on the internet, but if you go to the area and ask around you should be able to find it.

Below is a map of the local area – The bus comes in from the right of the page and drops you off at Coconut Harry’s on it’s way to Nosara proper (no reason to go to the town of Nosara itself). That stretch of road from Coconut Harry’s to Harmony Hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk and is the main strip of the area.

** sorry I couldn't upload the map I edited.

My Experience

I flew in direct from Toronto, on the flight down there were at least 4 or 5 cute girls that were traveling solo. I tried splitting a cab with one (Toronto girl) of them when we touched down but she had a place already booked. As I was looking for another cab I ran into a girl from Montreal who was on the same flight. She was a cutie with a lip ring and decent English (we ended up splitting a cab), but she was going to a commune in the area and then elsewhere in the country. I got the feeling that the girls staying in the commune’s had the highest likely hood of being cute and single.

The Ticas (Costa Rican girls) - for the most part were <5’4, with a light brown complexion, small, flattish bubble butts (oxymoron I know) and Bs up top. The ones I interacted with who spoke English were good to flirt with, making me wish I spoke more Spanish. The only other Latin country I’ve been to is Cuba, so I don’t have much of a basis for comparison. Where Cubans had this natural sexy rhythm, the Ticas did not. The sexy ones dressed like little rockers, with geek glasses, converse and tight jeans. But most Tica’s seemed to hit a wall at 25/30 becoming pudgy.

Tourist Girls – Like I said before, I stayed in somewhat of a commune. There were some smoking hot girls (at least 2 8s), but they were either Bi or lesbians (they were actually staying with their gfs while I was there ☹ ). Most girls seemed to be from Montreal, Toronto, NYC, Florida and Cali. I met some cutie’s while out for lunch most of the days, but nothing stuck too much (a tatted up 7.5 blonde from Montreal with a lip ring who was super well traveled; an 8 LA blonde with her friends who were all at least 7.5; a tall, tanned green eyed 8 from Mississauga in the area for a couple months). My best shot was some Nordic backpackers (a 7 and a 6) staying at the commune, but the cuter one was kind of a cold fish and although we spent a good amount of time together, the area just doesn’t provide great opportunities for drunk game.

Surfing

This was the primary purpose of me coming to Nosara. Although it was good to get my feet wet (it was my first time surfing), I gotta say the place doesn’t make it easy. Although the waves are consistent, the problem is they’re constant. I repeat, the waves are constantly coming at you. For me I wanted to practice the basics of the pop up, paddling, straddling the board and so forth, but it was exhausting not being to just chill on the water.

From what I heard, Hawaii, more specifically Waikiki is better in the sense that there’s a reef break creating a specific spot where the waves start – so you can chill out while waiting for a wave.

Closing Thoughts

I highly recommend this place for non-Spanish speakers who only have a week or so for vacay, want to get away from the cold and see some single cuties. I felt like I had more than enough opportunities and with some Spanish, the Ticas and South Americans open up for you. My experience is colored by the fact that I ended up staying at a place that was truly special with people I plan on seeing again in the near future.

The only caveat to Nosara in general, is that it didn’t seem to provide too much of an opportunity for drunk game (by drunk game, I mean drinks, chilling, dancing, etc), but reading Slubu’s post, it maybe that Tamarindo is more the place for that.

PS - I tried to add in a few maps to show the geography, but no dice. If you're going, definitely google "Playa Guiones map" to get a lay of the land - when I arrived I had no clue what to expect [Image: confused.gif]

Sweet dude. I'm thinking of Costa Rica as my first solo trip too, only 4 days though. Would you recommend resort or a city?

I've heard it's a pretty safe place and might be going in November or December.

Although Costa Rica isn't that big, the flavor of each place varies pretty widely; there's posts on here about Tamarindo, Jaco, San Jose, all very different. I can only speak for Nosara. If you like white people with dreads, tats, smoking herb, doing some yoga/surfing, than this is the place for you. If you're looking to get blasted nightly and hit on latinas, maybe not so much.

I would also recommend trying to find a good commune; like I mentioned above, cute easy(ish) girls. Resorts are mostly families from what I saw.

** if you shoot me a PM I'll pass along the name of the place I stayed.

Any updates on Nosara or other coastal Costa Rican towns?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I was there last month. Nosara beach is very nice. Better than higher rated manuel antonio beach. Better surfing. I stayed a at a boxing camp in guilones I would recommend. It was low season so not enough girls.

If you go the manuel antonio I would recomend stay at selina hostel if you want to game. Has like 100 rooms and 3 pools and cheap and always hot girls around

Over all I found costa rican girls to be on par with colombians in terms of natural looks but obesity rates are like 2 or 3 times higher in costa rica. Suprising since in between themin panama girls are way less attractive imo.