rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Accra, Ghana

A while ago I posted a thread in the Game section called "Learning Game in Africa," where I explained how I managed to bang more than 50 girls in a 16-month period despite being low on looks, game, and money. All of this happened in Accra, Ghana, and this datasheet is meant to give an overview of fundamentals and gaming conditions. I would honestly prefer to keep Accra a secret, but I feel like I owe this much to Roosh and the forum. Anyway, Accra may be something of a Poosy Paradise but it is also unfortunately located in a third world shithole. Going there with limited game is no big deal, but you need a minimum of travel experience and street smarts.

Accra is the capital and a fairly big city, about 2.5 mill. people (4-5 million metro). It is easy to get there, with direct flights from many major European hubs, from NYC, the Middle East, etc. You are supposed to have a visa and a yellow fever vaccination certificate to get in, it is also advisable to get some other shots if you haven't been to the tropics before (meningitis, typhoid, hep a and b). Taking malaria prophylactics may or may not be effective.

The city covers a large area with very variable road quality and poor drivers. There is no real center, no walkable parts of town, and the concepts of "street names" and "addresses" are not applied.Traffic is often confusing and dangerous, and logistics can be a nightmare. On the other hand, taxis are very cheap and plentiful. Having your own car, especially an SUV, is a huge DHV (and cruising around hollering at chicks on the street is considered legit or even de rigeur), but I'm not sure if I would recommend it. Driving while white is a crime, so be prepared to pay. Also, avoid driving if you are too fond of drink or drugs, as causing an accident may get you lynched.

Accommodation can be a little bit tricky. For a short stay, you can get a cheap room at a guest house, but it will be really bad. Even a mid-range hotel will have poor services and facilities, and a nice hotel will charge Western prices. For long term landlords will prefer that you pay two years' rent up front - not a typo, TWO YEARS. Whether short or long term, make sure you find out how reliable the water and power supply is in the area you will be staying.

There isn't really much to see or do in Accra, at least not in the typical tourist guide sense. If you spend some time there you will have fascinating experiences, but they will generally occur at random rather than being planned. You have to be able to go with the flow, so it not a place to be if you feel like you always have to be in control.

African girls eat little and do a lot of hard manual labor, so most have tight, sexy bodies. Spectacular asses, boobs hit or miss. Most of the girls I banged were in the 6 to 8 range. It can be difficult to find 9s, unfortunately the girls with the resources to get the hair/makeup/teeth/clothes just right are also the ones who tend to get fat early rather than balloon in middle age like normal African women. To the extent that I was able to get the attention of 9s it was through pure unadulterated asshole game displaying irrational overconfidence while drunk. However, I was unable to follow up and never got beyond makeouts and flaking with those girls. Like Roosh wrote about recently, the highest quality girls have options no matter how shitty the country.

That being said, girls 6 - 8 not only have great bodies, they are also feminine, stylish, and (for the most part) easy to talk to at the basic level required for game and everyday life. They respect men and often expect you to make decisions, even in matters you may not really consider your business. They can show great devotion and care, always making your bed, washing your laundry, cooking for you, etc. Can you imagine a 24-year-old 8 getting up at dawn to sweep your yard before going to the hospital to get medicine for her malaria? I have seen it happen. Just as the women are feminine, you as a man have to be masculine. Be decisive, authoritative, and physically dominant.

The way Ghanaian men approach women is called "proposing." It involves a combination of very strong body language and supplicating with an emphasis on story-telling DHV and smooth-talking, often with disingenuous declarations of undying love a few minutes into the conversation. In Ghana, there is in theory no such thing as casual or recreational sex, at least not for grown-ups (over 21). Sexual encounters are supposed to be either for money (pros) or for marriage. This is part of the general hypocrisy of the culture and has nothing to with reality, but it is good to know. There is no reason to do approaches in this way if you are a foreigner, however. I would recommend normal game; if you are Western and especially white be aware of your inflated SMV and stick to don't fuck up game if you see some positive signals. In retrospect I think I may have overgamed a lot in the beginning. Since African girls are used to but despise the pump-and-dump you will have to emphasize comfort-building from an early stage.

Night game gets the hottest girls, day game the overall best girls. In an African setting, girls who who go out will tend to be somewhat damaged already. Girls who drink heavily or smoke cigarettes or weed will definitely have issues, and if you hear the word "cocaine" it is best to just run in the general direction of the airport. Some times you will wake up to demands of money even though she denied being a pro the night before, more commonly you will realize or find out that you were actually shoring (many pros are also looking for a boyfriend/husband). For these reasons I ended up transitioning away from night game and relying more on day game. You can find some really feminine, decent, low-notch count girls who are always sexually available for you but impossible for everyone else. Downsides are that they may be a little less hot (6 - 7.5), a little older (mid- to late twenties), and a little boring (religious, conservative, lack of life experience, not sexually adventurous).

Online game can also be effective, but beware of scammers and gold-diggers. Personally I didn't do much of it because someone living in "Accra" could still be an hour away and I was too lazy to deal with shitty logistics. In general, spinning five or more plates at any given time does slow you down a little when in comes to pursuing new leads. Toward the end I was experiencing a bit of player fatigue from time to time.

I will give you a brief overview of night game spots, but keep in mind that I am not a big club guy so that side of it is a little limited.

Bella Roma: big, somewhat upscale club in the Osu area. Usually lots of people even on Wednesdays. Gets going after about 1 am.

Hot Gossip: also a multi-story club in Osu. Very popular with sluts.

Republic: Sidewalk bar in Osu. Hipsterish, attracts white people and been-tos (Africans who have lived abroad). Live band at times.

Epo's: Multi-level complex in Osu, with a club inside and several bars. A good place to go late (after 4 am) to keep the party going. You may or may not find attractive women there, if not you can hit on one of the numerous bored waitresses.

Lizzy's/Container: Sidewalk bar in Osu, on the main street. Very shady and full of pros most nights. Also a place to score weed if that is your kind of thing.

Shisha Lounge: Multi-level lounge area with rich Africans, white people, Indians, and Arabs. Expensive by Accra standards. Avoid the high drink prices by going to the outside area upstairs to smoke the weed you bought at Container, if that is your kind of thing. Sometimes white DJs playing Eurotrash music.

Danquah Circle: Don't remember what the bars in this area are called, but it's a place to go if it's 6 am and you still don't want to go home. Shady. In Osu,

Twist: Very upscale place for rich, snobbish Africans, mostly been-tos. Tucked away in Labone, difficult to find.

Jokers: I know this place only from reputation. In Labadi, supposedly a club packed with sex tourists and pros but some legit girls also like going there.

Vienna City - Nkrumah Circle: Same as above, really more of a whorehouse than a club. I was only there for a few minutes before being accosted by pros became a hassle and I decided to leave.

Vienna City - Labadi Beach: This place is actually pretty cool, but it seems hit or miss whether it's packed or empty. Lots of hot girls on the beach in general, but only on weekends. In Ghana the beach is for drinking, dancing, and showing off, not for swimming or laying in the sun.

Aphrodisiac: Big, upscale club in Dzorwulu area, near the airport. Was only there once, good ratios but seemingly quite a few pros. Ladies' night on Thursdays.

Chez Nicole: Small club in Dzorwulu. Didn't see a lot of talent the few times I went there.

Spotlight: Huge open-air spot in Kasoa (just west of Accra). Plenty of girls if I remember correctly.

Jerry's: Open-air spot in East Legon. Almost all pros on weekdays, mixed crowds on weekends. A little shady, fights common.

Chez Afrique: Restaurant/bar in East Legon. Friday night live band extremely popular, get there early. Owner's wife tries hard to keep obvious pros away and even polices what she considers overly sexual dancing. Generally older, moneyed clientele, but some hot young girls as well. Popular with expats. Closes early.

Rhapsody's: South African restaurant and bar at the Accra Mall. Expensive, a lot of bored older expats waiting for something to happen. You can see some classy girls from time to time, but generally more of a place to bring first-date girls for a drink - no appetizers! - rather than a place to meet someone.

Hollywood Boulevard: A club at the A & C Mall, in the American House area. Hot girls, but often in large groups. Most busy on Fridays, karaoke on Sundays.

Pixels: Open-air joint near American House, rapidly becoming popular with the pros.

Abstract: Restaurant/bar in East Legon near the University of Ghana. Used to be very popular with the exchange students, but seems to be in decline.

Paparelli's: Club near the University of Professional Studies. No cover charge but expensive drinks. Good place to go late if you are in the vicinity.

Verbs: Restaurant/bar in the Madina area, I was never able to figure out why it is so popular. Terrible ratios.

Philly's German Pub: Smaller pub in Madina. Some times sexy young girls and some times no girls at all.

Jesse's: Big open-air spot in Adenta. Plenty of pros, semipros and sluts, and hordes of thirsty young guys. Shady vibe.

Justorch: In Kwabenya on the edge of town. Surprisingly full of hot girls, but many must have been pros.

Afrikiko: Expensive restaurant/bar complex near Flagstaff House (the presidential palace). Popular salsa night on Wednesdays with a mix of expats and locals. Closes early.

Keep in mind that Accra is pretty much dead Mondays and Tuesdays. Fridays are more popular for outing than Saturdays because most people go to church Sunday morning. Sundays are also pretty good, especially at the beach. Girls also love it if you take them to the pool on Sunday after church, even if they don't know how to swim.

As for day game, I never really found any particularly suitable location, it is more a matter of always looking out for girls while doing everyday stuff and randomly walking down the street. [/b]

Cliff notes on nationalities and ethnicities you will most likely encounter:

Liberians - usually whorish, great cooks.
Nigerians - slutty, good in bed, materialistic, smoke weed.
Francophone girls - higher class and often very hot, but spoiled, snobbish, emotionally unstable.

Ghanaians, ranked from easiest to most difficult to seduce:

1. Ewe - very easy and sweet
2. Northerners - usually pretty easy, but somewhat quarrelsome
3. Akan (except Ashantis)
4. Ashanti - materialistic, tend to be full of themselves
5. Ga - tend to be very hot, but difficult to get in bed and even more difficult once you are in a relationship. Approach with caution.

This is a great datasheet. I have not been to Ghana but I have been involved with a few in my time and Ghana is the number one place in West Africa I want to hit.

I see Ghana as a toned down version of Nigeria and a place where Westerners can go and experience relative safety.

This is fantastic, Akwesi. I see your concern on keeping Ghana secret but I know that most of the forum members do not prefer black lizards and secondly, they see Africa as dead last as a place they would go to game lizards in conjunction with India (yes I know Africa is a continent and India is a country but most bundle Africa up as one monolithic hot mess).

+1 from me!

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

4 posts, 5 rep points.

Youngsters, this is how you do it.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Can you talk a little bit about cost of living?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

First off, fantastic post, +1 from me as well. I spent a few weeks in Ghana for work and absolutely loved it, the friendliest people I've met in all of my travels hands down. I was working like crazy the week I was in Accra (didn't get my Ghana flag til Cape Coast), so unfortunately I didn't have much opportunity to game, but I've still got a couple of comments:

Quote: (02-16-2015 08:25 AM)Akwesi Wrote:  

Jokers: I know this place only from reputation. In Labadi, supposedly a club packed with sex tourists and pros but some legit girls also like going there.

Vienna City - Nkrumah Circle: Same as above, really more of a whorehouse than a club. I was only there for a few minutes before being accosted by pros became a hassle and I decided to leave.

I laughed when I read this. I only went out two nights in Accra, and guess where I went. A guy I was doing a deal with recommended them. Like you said, they were both jam packed with pros. I just assumed that's what Accra nightlife was, figuring like the good girls stay in. I still had a blast, playing pool and shooting the shit, but I wish I'd had this datasheet at the time.

As for day game, I never really found any particularly suitable location, it is more a matter of always looking out for girls while doing everyday stuff and randomly walking down the street. [/b]

I was only there for a day, but it seemed to me that Labadi Beach might be a pretty solid spot to daygame. It's jam packed with people, mostly locals but with some tourists mixed in, and when I was there they were blasting music and lots of people were drinking. Everyone was really approachable. I got invited to a pickup game of soccer with five minutes of walking the beach, then picked up a British girl volunteering back at the tables.

They also have reggae parties at night. I went to one and had a blast. I was with coworkers though, so I didn't try to game.

That's awesome +1.

Were you expat there ? Do you know what kind of industry are hiring ?

I heard that Ghana is the most promising place in western Africa with stable government + good economic growth.

Did you take a malaria treatment during your whole stay ? While I was in Senegal some people told me that it was useless.

I would say as a Westerner, make malaria treatments a priority when visiting West Africa. Climate in Ghana will be pretty identical to Nigeria and I always take malaria tablets prior to going. I know Nigerians who live here who also take malaria tablets. Malaria is not a myth and you will likely catch it there if you don't.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (02-16-2015 08:41 AM)Moma Wrote:  

This is a great datasheet. I have not been to Ghana but I have been involved with a few in my time and Ghana is the number one place in West Africa I want to hit.

I see Ghana as a toned down version of Nigeria and a place where Westerners can go and experience relative safety.

This is fantastic, Akwesi. I see your concern on keeping Ghana secret but I know that most of the forum members do not prefer black lizards and secondly, they see Africa as dead last as a place they would go to game lizards in conjunction with India (yes I know Africa is a continent and India is a country but most bundle Africa up as one monolithic hot mess).

+1 from me!

Thank you, I know you have been to Nigeria and can form a pretty good idea of what Ghana is like. Ghana is quite safe, a kind of Africa for beginners. I didn't have a thing for black girls when I left, but I do now. Maybe I should be more specific and say African girls, since they look different than black girls in the West. I interacted with a couple of black girls from the UK (of Ghanaian descent) who were obviously interested and easier to connect with in some ways, but my boner told me to ignore them because of a more dumpy frumpy look than what I had gotten used to (yes, I'm spoiled by now). An acquired taste, you might say.

It seems to me that Westerners are discovering African women, quite a few of the girls I met had already dated a white guy or at least had a sister or cousin who married one. Some of the girls had actually given up on their countrymen altogether and were holding out for a white guy even as they were approaching 30. A high-risk, potential high-reward strategy for them I guess. Internet dating sites are contributing to this as every hot girl with a profile has a ton of foreign online orbiters, a lot of them just thirsty dudes soliciting naked pics and cam sex but some of them looking to wife up or pipelining for an actual trip.

Quote: (02-16-2015 09:20 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Can you talk a little bit about cost of living?

The cost of living depends on the extent to which you able and willing to adopt an African lifestyle. If you can live like an African, it is very cheap, if you want to live a Western lifestyle, it is quite expensive. To use myself as an example: I couldn't live in the kind of housing most Africans live in, but I was fine with eating the local dishes and drinking the local alcohol. I took public transport (dangerous and uncomfortable) once in a while, but mostly relied on taxis, etc. When I was broke I drank the unpleasant filtered water sold in plastic satchels, otherwise I drank bottled water. You basically have to ask yourself what your requirements are - do you need a continuous power supply? air-conditioning, or just a fan? tv - you'll need a satellite to watch anything good? bacon? dairy products? So, it all depends, but if you are willing to make some adjustments and live rather simply $ 1,000 a month is enough. You could live quite comfortably on 2,000, in my opinion, although many expats spend much more than that.

Quote: (02-16-2015 09:44 AM)Seamus Wrote:  

First off, fantastic post, +1 from me as well. I spent a few weeks in Ghana for work and absolutely loved it, the friendliest people I've met in all of my travels hands down. I was working like crazy the week I was in Accra (didn't get my Ghana flag til Cape Coast), so unfortunately I didn't have much opportunity to game, but I've still got a couple of comments:

I laughed when I read this. I only went out two nights in Accra, and guess where I went. A guy I was doing a deal with recommended them. Like you said, they were both jam packed with pros. I just assumed that's what Accra nightlife was, figuring like the good girls stay in. I still had a blast, playing pool and shooting the shit, but I wish I'd had this datasheet at the time.

I was only there for a day, but it seemed to me that Labadi Beach might be a pretty solid spot to daygame. It's jam packed with people, mostly locals but with some tourists mixed in, and when I was there they were blasting music and lots of people were drinking. Everyone was really approachable. I got invited to a pickup game of soccer with five minutes of walking the beach, then picked up a British girl volunteering back at the tables.

They also have reggae parties at night. I went to one and had a blast. I was with coworkers though, so I didn't try to game.

I would agree with Labadi Beach having potential as a daygame spot, it was just a little far from where I was staying so I only went there a few times and usually with a girl. I don't think there are too many locals there on the weekdays, though. I went there once early in the evening on a weekday when it was completely dead, I was drunk off my ass and pulled a half-Nigerian half-Liberian girl who liked asshole game and rough sex. An incredible 9 face but mediocre body and unfortunately turned out to be a pro - she flat out told me that she had to go back out and find a customer.

They have reggae night both at Labadi and at the smaller Tawala Beach, the only concern I would have there is that some of the girls who come out for it are more interested in the hookup on weed than hooking up with you. One time I got two Nigerian potheads back to my place from Tawala and they both slept in my bed fully clothed. Pimpin' ain't easy, even in Africa.

Quote: (02-16-2015 12:05 PM)Esus Wrote:  

That's awesome +1.

I heard that Ghana is the most promising place in western Africa with stable government + good economic growth.

Did you take a malaria treatment during your whole stay ? While I was in Senegal some people told me that it was useless.

For privacy reasons I don't want to go into detail about what I was doing there, suffice it to say that I had some kind of job but so little actual work to do that I spent most my time drinking and chasing tail. Not sure where there are jobs for expats outside the bleeding heart industry. Engineering and construction, I suppose. I would tend to say oil and gold, but with commodity prices falling they may not be hiring a lot. Telecom and finance are big, but I don't know to what extent expats are involved.

The promise of Ghana is in my opinion overrated. There was a boom over the last few years as the oil industry was being built up, but that is now over and last year the government had to crawl to the IMF for a bailout. Ghana only appears to be a beacon of democracy, stability and growth because of the abysmal performance of all the other countries in West Africa.

Malaria is very prevalent, and I have seen a few people get it even though they were taking the tablets. You can only take them for a while anyway as they are hard on your internal organs. There are other things you can do, however: Cover up by wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and shoes and socks, especially at dusk. Don't look like a dumb tourist in cargo shorts and flip-flops like most foreigners who come to Ghana (who are also disqualifying themselves to 50 % of women by dressing like shit). Get the actual medicine used to treat malaria, have it in stock, and start taking it immediately if you have an intense headache and fever. And last but not least, have a harem of beautiful girls who can nurse and assist you through the period of overwhelming fatigue that follows.

Thanks for this very thorough datasheet. Do you have any pics of the higher end talent?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Great post! I made my first trip their in 2013 and did mostly swim/run training so did not get a chance to experience any nightlife or game there. I was in Tema for 9 days.

When I go back, I will refer to your post.

Ahhhh my country finally gets a mention on rooshv! Most people hate Accra, and I will agree it can be a shithole in parts and at times, but I love it and always love going to visit every December.

If you loved Ewe girls, did you ever hit up the Volta region and Togo? That's where they're mainly located. If you ever stop by in Accra for any rooshvers, don't just stay in the city, the region is beautiful, and you could cause so much damage from Abidjan all the way down to Lagos.

Akwesi, you mention the water in sachets, I had no idea they did that as well, wow! In Naija, that's called Pure Water. Wow, close similarities! Does Ghana have what is called rolling blackouts or does power just go all of sudden?

Food consumption and beverage:

Food types, I know they do peanut soup, dukunu (a dish also enjoyed in Jamaica) and also garri with soup. What kind of soup do they enjoy with the garri? Can you elaborate more on that?
What kind of beer do they drink there? Do they also enjoy palm wine there? For morning beverage, is Milo also circulated there as a form of ovaltine? Do they use milk powder also known as KLIM?

CUSTOMS AND NORMS
Is it considered offensive in Ghana to greet somebody or hand somebody something with the left hand?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

I've met quite a few Ghanaian women (and many Africans) and actually have the opposite impression of you about casual sex. They are very slutty and the guys will often jump straight to the point and begin dirty talking instantly after meeting. To most African countries, sex is like going to the gym- daily physical activity.

*Double post*

Quote: (02-16-2015 05:43 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Akwesi, you mention the water in sachets, I had no idea they did that as well, wow! In Naija, that's called Pure Water. Wow, close similarities! Does Ghana have what is called rolling blackouts or does power just go all of sudden?

Food types, I know they do peanut soup, dukunu (a dish also enjoyed in Jamaica) and also garri with soup. What kind of soup do they enjoy with the garri? Can you elaborate more on that?
What kind of beer do they drink there? Do they also enjoy palm wine there? For morning beverage, is Milo also circulated there as a form of ovaltine? Do they use milk powder also known as KLIM?

CUSTOMS AND NORMS
Is it considered offensive in Ghana to greet somebody or hand somebody something with the left hand?

Ghana used to have stable power until the last two years when "dumsor dumsor" as they call it keeps the power on 12 out of 36 hours on average. For stable power 24/7 you've got to go to Togo and Benin for that.

In terms of drinks, palm wine is drunk, but star beer is seen as the national beer.

Excellent data-sheet. Congrats.

Quote: (02-16-2015 10:35 PM)entrepreneurtime Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2015 05:43 PM)Moma Wrote:  

CUSTOMS AND NORMS

Ghana used to have stable power until the last two years when "dumsor dumsor" as they call it keeps the power on 12 out of 36 hours on average. For stable power 24/7 you've got to go to Togo and Benin for that.

In terms of drinks, palm wine is drunk, but star beer is seen as the national beer.

Ghanaians also call the sachet water pure water, take Milo for breakfast, and drink palm wine. They drink Star beer, which I think is Nigerian, and Club, which is Ghanaian, and some other varieties like Gulder. I suspect that all these brands are made with corn (like some American beers), there is also Stone (rice) and Ruut Extra (cassava). The beer is ok, but nothing special and obviously not brewed according to German purity laws. The foreign beers you can get are the mass-market lagers like Heineken, Beck's, Peroni, and Carlsberg, you can't really get any high-quality beer there. The best is probably Guinness Foreign Extra, which is similar to regular Guinness but thinner and stronger. However, the taste is too bitter to drink more than two or three, so Club or Star are the main options for serious drinking. Drink the big bottles (.625 l) rather than the regular ones (called "mini"), or both men and women will think you're a pussy. The normal price for the big bottle is about $ 1.50, in a fancy club you may only get the small bottle and pay $ 3. A much cheaper option is to drink hard liquor, a shot of the local gin or bitters is usually about 25 cents. There is also akpeteshie, a kind of moonshine based on palm wine, extremely powerful and sometimes served infused with weed. If you can convince a girl to drink this stuff she will in all likelihood end up with her clothes off, but proceed with caution as its effects on both her and you are unpredictable.

As for the food, it is quite different from Western food but broadly similar to what people eat in other West African countries, starchy balls of mush made from cassava, corn, yam, cocoyam, and/or plantain, served with soup (including peanut soup, my favorite), stew, or "pepper" (crushed chili peppers). They also eat a lot of rice and instant noodles. For economic reasons they will only add a tiny amount of meat, fish, or eggs for protein. The most common meat by far is chicken, followed by goat and beef. Ghanaians also eat cats, dogs, antelopes, and a big rodent called akrantie or grasscutter. Most types of fish are simply called "fish" and quite bland, but there is also tilapia which can be quite good grilled. As for the foods you asked about, I hadn't heard of dukunu but it seems similar to what Ghanaians call kenkey. Gari is considered a poor man's food, I haven't really eaten it much but I see it sometimes eaten with shito-sauce and tinned milk. Taking a girl to eat banku and tilapia is gold, more westernized girls may prefer pizza or a burger. There are some decent Asian restaurants in Accra, but taking locals there will usually be a waste of time and money as they are not too open-minded about trying new food.

The left hand is taboo, but it's not really a big deal. Just avoid using it when you are eating. If you give somebody something with the left hand, say "sorry for left."

The situation with electricity is very bad and getting worse. Like E. T. said, they are now down to getting power 12 hours out of every 36, against 24 out of 36 toward the end of last year (before that, load-shedding was more ad hoc and erratic). It is awful for the economy and for the people. That being said, let's consider the opportunistic side of things. Most girls are now stuck in their hot, dark rooms all day, unable to watch tv, listen to music, or charge their precious cell phones. These girls MAY find it appealing to spend some time in the well-lit, air-conditioned hotel room of a charming foreigner...

Quote: (02-16-2015 04:35 PM)Akwesi Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2015 12:05 PM)Esus Wrote:  

That's awesome +1.

For privacy reasons I don't want to go into detail about what I was doing there, suffice it to say that I had some kind of job but so little actual work to do that I spent most my time drinking and chasing tail. Not sure where there are jobs for expats outside the bleeding heart industry. Engineering and construction, I suppose. I would tend to say oil and gold, but with commodity prices falling they may not be hiring a lot. Telecom and finance are big, but I don't know to what extent expats are involved.

The promise of Ghana is in my opinion overrated. There was a boom over the last few years as the oil industry was being built up, but that is now over and last year the government had to crawl to the IMF for a bailout. Ghana only appears to be a beacon of democracy, stability and growth because of the abysmal performance of all the other countries in West Africa.

Malaria is very prevalent, and I have seen a few people get it even though they were taking the tablets. You can only take them for a while anyway as they are hard on your internal organs. There are other things you can do, however: Cover up by wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and shoes and socks, especially at dusk. Don't look like a dumb tourist in cargo shorts and flip-flops like most foreigners who come to Ghana (who are also disqualifying themselves to 50 % of women by dressing like shit). Get the actual medicine used to treat malaria, have it in stock, and start taking it immediately if you have an intense headache and fever. And last but not least, have a harem of beautiful girls who can nurse and assist you through the period of overwhelming fatigue that follows.

There was a show on discovery channel "Jungle Gold" couple years back that was so intense it almost made me bite my fingernails off...it followed 2 ex-real estate agents turned gold-diggers from Utah to Ghana and their 2 year odyssey where they ended up spending over a million total and basically came up empty handed and almost dead. Some scenes were so dangerous that the emergency camera crew had to be called in and extractions by SUV were needed and season 2 was cut short because they faced jail time (for various reasons). Anyways I highly recommend it just to get an idea of the corruption and danger in Ghana for westerners thinking of starting a mining business:

^Lol at this video. "It just seems like going to mine for gold in Ghana is my best option right now..." Lol. And fighting was his second best...

Great report, btw.

If I could only give you another point! Bamn!

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Damn, no place is a secret on this forum. I am speechless after reading that superb write-up.

Glad to see there are other closet African girl lovers like myself.

I met a Ghanian girl in the strip club a few months back, her body was incredible.

+1

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com