rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Have you ever served in the military?

Totally random, but I'm just curious how many RVFers are in or have been in some form of military service.

Some countries have compulsory service commitments.

A poll for RVF members that live in volunteer-military countries would better reflect our demographics.

Quote: (02-07-2015 04:34 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

Some countries have compulsory service commitments.

A poll for RVF members that live in volunteer-military countries would better reflect our demographics.

Compulsory would count too. I'm just wondering how many men here have been through a military type of experience. Whether volunteer or not.

Currently serving now.

HSLD

HSLD

No. I considered joining the Chair Force last year but ultimately decided not to go.

I spent three weeks at the French Foreign Legion's centre in Paris but ultimately I was rejected.

Oh yes, I'm so privileged you literally can't even.
Interested in joining the FFL? I tried (and failed).

I was a Navy Seal with Little Dark and Brian Williams. We were in the shit in 'Nam.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Quote:Quote:

I agree with this. I did compulsory service commitment and I don't feel like I have gained anything better in my life other than listening to Mike D&P podcast alone on the top of a mountain sitting on a rock during midnight for hours [Image: confused.gif]

You're missing a secondary poll for people who served:

"Would you serve again or would you have chosen a different path?"

Serving now. So far, so good. I'm getting a good trade out of it and earning decent money.. I've learned some handy skills in the meantime, how to use a weapon, how to iron correctly, getting fitter, etc. I think its a good option for younger guys who need a bit of direction

USAF

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

ARA - Australian Regular Army

Permanent back injury prompted a career change (degenerative disc disease L4/L5 & L5/S1), but by no means do I use it as an excuse to prevent me from pursuing my life-long passion for fitness/health.

In fact, my approach to fitness most definitely has helped alleviate the pain that can be associated with my injury, by ensuring my core is strong and my b/f % is in an ideal range.

I'm at a good stage at my life now, and things are only bound to get better.

Divorced 2 years, have made considerable positive changes/gains (thanks to RVF), and finally debt free for the first time in a long time.

I was in the US Navy 4 years active another 4 reserves. One of the best experiences of my life.

I never wouldve guessed that given a sample size of almost 50 RVF members, that over half would have served in some form or another. I'm impressed. I thought the majority of you were beta bitches.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

US Army Reserves and National Guard.

USMC here, I just ended active duty and am joining the reserves (dat $15k bonus). It's a good choice, it's fun, it's alpha, and esp. for the first part of the 2010s and the last decade it was our generations war, and if ya didn't fight, ya missed out on a big part of our generation's soul.

Quote: (02-07-2015 10:03 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

I never wouldve guessed that given a sample size of almost 50 RVF members, that over half would have served in some form or another. I'm impressed. I thought the majority of you were beta bitches.

I doubt it is quite that high. I think what you are seeing more due to self-selection bias. My guess is that the true figure is closer to the 10% range.

Right now Yes is in the lead. I find it impossible to believe the majority of those on here have actually served in the military. Sample selection bias? People who have served are more likely to open this thread?

Quote: (02-07-2015 10:13 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

I doubt it is quite that high. I think what you are seeing more due to self-selection bias. My guess is that the true figure is closer to the 10% range.
I would venture to see anywhere from 20-25% of manosphere people have served in some capacity. Didn't Rollo serve early in his life? I think if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Who besides military men would have a better insight on red pill ideals? We get a lot of first hand experience with people we know getting into shitty situations with cheating wives and whatnot.

Quote: (02-07-2015 10:13 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

Yeah thats what I though of after. Still, im impressed. Even with selection bias there is a healthy amount of vets here. Vets tend to be more red pill. Although, a lot of them were blue pill and learned the hard way. Its hard finding a guy in the military of any worth that doesnt have at least one divorce.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Wow. Never would've guessed half of of roosh have been in the military.

Quote: (02-07-2015 10:18 PM)DrewP Wrote:  

Right now Yes is in the lead. I find it impossible to believe the majority of those on here have actually served in the military. Sample selection bias? People who have served are more likely to open this thread?

I don't really thing that's so hard to believe. This age group of young men is most likely to have served. Of this group a HUGE percentage has served taking part in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Furthermore, the people who serve are definitely obsessed with banging out as many sloots as possible, so this shit is a natural extension of that.

Anyway now that we've established that we're all killers, who got dat combat deployment?
Trashcanistan 2012 here Rah.

I have flown on active duty and now fly in the AF Reserves.

I commission in the army in just over 3 months.

G

No but I come from a military family.

I have brothers, cousins and uncles who have served in the Marines, Army, Air force, reserves you name it.

I was going to join myself but my brothers talked me out of it.