rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brandon Carter on Clean Bulking

He's a very likeable youtube fitness guy. I was just watching this very video and was going to ask what you guys thought of him. I've heard mention of him in other threads.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I've watched most of his videos and read his book and allthough i like him I'm not convinced he"s a natty. This guy is ripped as fuck and almost looks unnatural. Those abs look like he put four sparetyres under his skin. He might be a genetic freak and he says he trained for 15 years so he could be natty but honestly I doubt it.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Hard to tell with guys who are lean yet not that heavy. I think he's usually around 175-190, but he's 6'2, so I think he may look bigger than his is due to his height. I'm not 100% convinced that he's natural, but it seems probable given his weight. If he was 220 and this lean my bullshit detector would be going off, but he's really not that large, so it's hard to say.

Regardless, he seems to give solid advice and doesn't call himself something suspicious like, Brandon "100% Natty" Carter.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Lol @ 6:25

Quote: (05-05-2015 03:14 PM)civpro Wrote:  

Lol @ 6:25

Ha thx for noting that...didn't have to watch the full video for the pro tip.

Note to self, before Saturday boating this summer, get hammered on Friday night.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (05-05-2015 02:15 PM)Spike Wrote:  

I've watched most of his videos and read his book and allthough i like him I'm not convinced he"s a natty. This guy is ripped as fuck and almost looks unnatural. Those abs look like he put four sparetyres under his skin. He might be a genetic freak and he says he trained for 15 years so he could be natty but honestly I doubt it.

I think he's on that line of what is possible naturally in terms of definition and not so much size, . He's basically an ectomorph with good muscle belies coupled with intelligent hard training over many years. Something about him rings authentic to me, I think he's natural.

@rhodey

I watched the first few minutes and his reasoning screamed bullshit. He was saying how he was trying to stay lean and was only gaining he only gained less than a pound a month, and if your on steroids you gain more, so therefore hes not on steroids?!?!?

I have friends who do physique competitions who are on juice almost year round to help stay lean and ripped, while not gaining too much muscle. Different types of steroids do different things, especially when combined with different diets and training routines. What he says only makes sense if you don't know anything about steroids or hang out with people who use them while staying shredded.

Who knows, maybe hes on them, maybe hes not. But his reasoning for why hes not is complete bs. Really only he knows if hes on them or not. If hes not, hes definately a complete one in a hundred million genetic freak.

And I don't mean to take anything away from him, he does seem very knowledgeble regarding workout routines and diet. I'm just not convinced hes not a fake natty. Absolutely nothing about him screams authentic. Fake nattys will lie through their teeth. I swear in their minds they've convinced themselves that they are nattys and that they don't even need juice. Kali Muscle for example. Anyways, off my soapbox.

I see what you're saying repo. I don't worry about it, personally. I like his videos and he seems cool. I wouldn't buy supplements or training from him, but that is just me. He is likeable though, which I cannot say for most of the youtube fitness community.

Seems like a nice guy and I would say he is natural. He watches what he eats and works out like a beast.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of eating clean,
and what can you can achieve with it when lifting weights.

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Quote: (05-08-2015 06:29 PM)Repo Wrote:  

@rhodey

I watched the first few minutes and his reasoning screamed bullshit. He was saying how he was trying to stay lean and was only gaining he only gained less than a pound a month, and if your on steroids you gain more, so therefore hes not on steroids?!?!?

He said he gained 15 pounds in two years. Going from 175 to 190. So closer to half a pound a month. He said you can easily gain more than that on roids and he is correct and not BS IMO.

I have friends who do physique competitions who are on juice almost year round to help stay lean and ripped, while not gaining too much muscle. Different types of steroids do different things, especially when combined with different diets and training routines. What he says only makes sense if you don't know anything about steroids or hang out with people who use them while staying shredded.

Saying you can get big on steroids is not the same as saying "all steroids are for getting big".

Who knows, maybe hes on them, maybe hes not. But his reasoning for why hes not is complete bs. Really only he knows if hes on them or not. If hes not, hes definately a complete one in a hundred million genetic freak.

He's not reasoning anything IMOI think he's just relaying his experience . I don't agree that he is a one in a hundred million genetic freak. Growing up in Brooklyn in the summer time saw brothas every other week with similar muscle tone on the basketball courts, doing bar work, or break dancing in Timesquare subway station for cash. Some people can look that good without taking anything. But you cant look that good AND be Big unless you are a true freak or juicing. At 6'2" 190 he's not big.

And I don't mean to take anything away from him, he does seem very knowledgeable regarding workout routines and diet. I'm just not convinced hes not a fake natty. Absolutely nothing about him screams authentic. Fake nattys will lie through their teeth. I swear in their minds they've convinced themselves that they are nattys and that they don't even need juice. Kali Muscle for example. Anyways, off my soapbox.

Thats cool but I don't group Brandon in with any of those guys. I honesty put him more in the Ross Enamait camp because hes a functionally strong fit dude that seems to walk the walk. And as I said before his physique while outstanding doesn't scream roids at all to me . And yes I get that not all roids are for size or definition .

When did Kali claim to be natty? I'm pretty sure he never claimed that. I saw a video where he admitted juicing in a round about way without coming straight out and saying he does. Considering he's a convicted felon it probably isn't a good idea to admit to buying and taking illegal drugs in his YouTube videos.

Quote: (05-09-2015 02:11 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

When did Kali claim to be natty? I'm pretty sure he never claimed that. I saw a video where he admitted juicing in a round about way without coming straight out and saying he does. Considering he's a convicted felon it probably isn't a good idea to admit to buying and taking illegal drugs in his YouTube videos.

Exactly, I'm pretty sure this video was his "coming out" about him using gear.

There will always be tells an experienced person can use to see if someone is on gear but to be absolutely certain you need to be with them 24/7 to see how they progress over a couple of months.

I like this guy.

^ Pretty much. The only time I'm like, "you srs about natty brah" is when someone is as tall and as big and shredded as Phil heath but claims natty. That's silly. But I really don't worry about it.

natural

15 pounds of clean muscle in just 2 years is a whole lot for someone who already trained half his life. The longer you work out (in years) the closer you are to your genetic maximum. He's already in his thirties.

Perhaps he had stick legs and put most of the pounds on his legs.

Anyway, I like the dude but still have doubts a bit. Its possible but unlikely.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I've met Brandon in person, I'm not going to say he's natural or he's not natural simply because I don't really know nor do I really care.

There are a lot of guys who have gotten into the performance enhancers game without diving into AAS, and so they can tell the half-truth of not using steroids, but that doesn't mean they haven't used SARMs, peptides, etc. -- even chicks are using those, a lot more than you think.

I fucks with him though because he does keep it real, and he's a genuinely cool dude, like he's the type of dude you'd go out with, get a drink with, chill and smoke something with, that type of dude.

Quote: (05-11-2015 10:31 AM)Spike Wrote:  

15 pounds of clean muscle in just 2 years is a whole lot for someone who already trained half his life. The longer you work out (in years) the closer you are to your genetic maximum. He's already in his thirties.

Perhaps he had stick legs and put most of the pounds on his legs.

Anyway, I like the dude but still have doubts a bit. Its possible but unlikely.

This is true but he clearly implies he is at a higher bodyfat at 190. So basically this is not 15 pure pounds of muscle.