rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Ive been toying with the idea. Anyone tried it? Thoughts?

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Do it for sure. My month at raiwaimuaythai.com was one of the best in my life and I am definitely going to do another one sometime soon.

For anyone who is an MMA enthusiast or simply has gotten a bit chubby, 1-2 months of muay thai in Thailand is an incredibly good way to travel and get fit rapidly. I want to replicate this fitness vacation elsewhere, such as doing pradal serey in Cambodia.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

That's also very high on my list of things to do next time I return to LOS. YMG posted about his experience there about a year ago. You can read it all here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2146.h...oes+phuket
Someone else on that thread mentioned another great option in Chiang Mai. I'd like to know from those who have done it, what would be the best overall: doing a Muay Thai boot camp in Phuket or in Chiang Mai?

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

young mobile, I'm an athlete so I have no problem keeping up from a cardio stand point, not that'll be easy but I shouldn't be passed out or anything lol but I haven't taken a lick of mma training, should I be taking some in prep before doing something like this or are there a wide variety of skill levels at these camps?

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Quote: (05-06-2011 01:17 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

That's also very high on my list of things to do next time I return to LOS. YMG posted about his experience there about a year ago. You can read it all here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2146.h...oes+phuket
Someone else on that thread mentioned another great option in Chiang Mai. I'd like to know from those who have done it, what would be the best overall: doing a Muay Thai boot camp in Phuket or in Chiang Mai?

Here's a place in Pattaya http://www.kombatgroup.com/

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

It definitely interests me mostly as a means to get fit, learning to kick someones head in is quite appealing too. I don't know if my fitness is up to sratch though, I reckon I'd struggle.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

It really depends on which camp you go to. Rawaimuaythai.com is very foreigner/noob friendly, as are most other camps.

There are definitely uber hardcore gyms that train legit MMA fighers. Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket is one of those.

I think the city you go to depends on what you want out of your experience. If you want to party on the beach and bang around alot, go to Pattaya or Phuket. If you want a more laid back environment in the mountains, go to Chiang Mai. If you want to live on the uber dirt cheap and experience a more "real" school, go to Isaan.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

I've been thinking about it and I think I might go to Phuket instead of Bangkok to do muay thai camp while launching my biz:

http://thailandmuaythaigym.com/

20,000 baht - 6 hours of one-on-one training per day and lodging in an air conditioned room with king sized bed, five minutes from Karon beach and Patong.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Quote: (05-11-2011 10:46 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

I've been thinking about it and I think I might go to Phuket instead of Bangkok to do muay thai camp while launching my biz:

http://thailandmuaythaigym.com/

20,000 baht - 6 hours of one-on-one training per day and lodging in an air conditioned room with king sized bed, five minutes from Karon beach and Patong.

wow you cannot beat that pricing and for personalized instruction no less, Im gonna look into that for sure

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

"20,000 baht - 6 hours of one-on-one training per day and lodging in an air conditioned room with king sized bed, five minutes from Karon beach and Patong."

For how long?

1 month?

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

2X personal sessions per day monday-saturday for a month is 20 000. That is unbelievably good value. Not sure if training sessions are 3 hours each though..

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Quote: (05-11-2011 11:22 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"20,000 baht - 6 hours of one-on-one training per day and lodging in an air conditioned room with king sized bed, five minutes from Karon beach and Patong."

For how long?

1 month?

thats what their website says G, like 650-675ish for a month, its sick. Sounds like you get 4 hrs of one on one time with a trainer and then they have sparring with others in class and running that'll account for the other 2 hrs so in total you can get upto 6 hrs of time training in some fashion.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

That is a great value.

6 hours of training per day will either turn you into an animal or kill you.

Sounds fun.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Thanks for posting this YMG. It is an awesome deal and needless to say, I'm in. [Image: smile.gif]

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Yeah. I'm actually strongly considering doing Phuket almost exclusively for the 3 months. I tend to not like moving around too much and like sticking to one spot when I go abroad.

3-4 months of 6 hours of muay thai training daily and spending my remaining time going full time launch on my e-business. That sounds like a summer well spent, in my opinion.

I'm in HK now and will be interviewing here....then going to Beijing and Shanghai over the next 3 weeks to party and continue interviewing. I'm gunning for an october contract start date so that I can go become a muay thai machine and have a profitable business by the time I return to China.

I'm leaning towards Phuket also because I will be living in a large polluted Asian city full time in the fall and want to spend some time in a relatively peaceful place where I can be focused.

I'm going to also be interviewing people and creating screencast videos as part of my website/product. Basically it will profile dozens of highly successful twenty-something expat friends of mine in HK, SH, BJ, about their own path to international career success. That's what May is like for me.

I'm fuckin pumped for Thailand. If I'm like 20 percent bodyfat right now, do you think 3 months of 6 hours of daily muay thai training will result in a six pack?

This is assuming moderate drinking and a healthy diet. I will be eating carbs for sure though, as I will need to be able to sustain that kind of workload.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Yeah Patong boxing is where i would go, have you checked out their accommodation is supposed to be really nice, basically i would do 3 months at Patong, then go up to Pattaya and train at Sityodtong for a month, then do my last 2 months in Bangkok.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Quote: (05-06-2011 12:08 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Do it for sure. My month at raiwaimuaythai.com was one of the best in my life and I am definitely going to do another one sometime soon.

For anyone who is an MMA enthusiast or simply has gotten a bit chubby, 1-2 months of muay thai in Thailand is an incredibly good way to travel and get fit rapidly. I want to replicate this fitness vacation elsewhere, such as doing pradal serey in Cambodia.

Yeah I did a full month at Rawai as well and it was incredible fun - I lost around 10lbs and got super fit.

I'd love to go back some time.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

I did a month at Rawai as well after reading YMG's experience on this thread. I absolutely loved it and am itching to go back later this year as well.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

I'm getting excited as hell just thinking about it. Anyone else thinking about doing a muay thai camp this summer?

I'm def going to be in Phuket this summer. Possibly BKK as well, we'll see.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Quote: (05-13-2011 03:58 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

I'm getting excited as hell just thinking about it. Anyone else thinking about doing a muay thai camp this summer?

I'm def going to be in Phuket this summer. Possibly BKK as well, we'll see.

I'm very interested and cosidering it for 1 month. When would you all want to to it?

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

i'm considering this also - what are the best times of year to be in Thailand?

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

I am going to be going in early June sometime, although I haven't decided if I'm going to BKK or Phuket first. I think VP is going too.

The "best" times depends on whether you want better weather or better costs.

Better weather is like fall through winter. Better costs is the rainy season spring and summer.

I'm going to be working like a machine on launching my internet business. If you guys are not necessarily interested in muay thai but want to perhaps work with other entrepreneurs while exploring Thailand, that could be cool too.

Muay Thai Mastermind Group.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

Any time is the best time to be in Thailand, haha... Last year I went Sept-Oct and it was perfect... Will probably make it out there similar time this year,

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

There's no bad time to go to Thailand, even when the wetaher isn't the best it's never terrible.

Muay Thai Camp Thailand

I actually like the rainy season. There aren't throngs of drunk American/Brit/Aussie scumbags and the rain isn't that persistent - it's more like hardcore rain for 20 minutes that happens every 3-4 hours. I loved to sit inside an open air cafe and read a book on a relatively cool summer day while watching the rain pour down. It's very relaxing.