rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ski Resorts

Ski Resorts

Thought it might be an idea to start a thread on recommending particular ski resorts worldwide in particular for the quality of the apres and the girls. I've certainly found that you are always going to have ratio problems in ski resorts, not that it detracts from having a great time and there are plenty of girls there working a season or on holiday. You just have to always deal with the guys who are there working a season themselves trying to get as many shags as they can.

You can also take a girl up the mountain and teach her or just ride with her, normally leads to good things [Image: smile.gif]

Don't plan on doing full data sheets for any of these, at least not in this thread. Just for people to do a quick review of resorts they've been to.

Ones I've been to:

Whistler, BC really lived up to its reputation, amazing mountain, huge village with lots to do, lots of people working seasons there and girls on weekend trips up from Vancouver. I didn't go on the chase there as I was otherwise indisposed but will definitely go again this winter and do that. If anything the village is too big and you might need to bus or taxi in from your accommodation. A bit expensive but not ridiculous. Snow 9 Apres 8

Tahoe, CA/NV Was there for a weekend from the Bay Area with work colleagues some years back. Cheap accommodation and a good mountain with great views, was a good nightlife too, you can meet girls at the California side and take them over the NV side at 2am to kick on Snow 6 Apres 7

Chamonix, France Great ski areas but apres wasn't brilliant (even worse ratio than usual) and was expensive. Might've been unlucky. One mate did pull a German girl there Snow 8 Apres 5

Les Deux Alpes, France Was a long time ago but recall it being great, extensive terrain (I was a beginner at the time) and very good apres. Was in 2004 so prices have probably changed a lot Snow 7 Apres 7

Söll, Austria So-so. Lots of Irish, very little talent, mountain was ok. Was a fun week with friends but wouldn't highly recommend. Fairly cheap. Snow 6 Apres 5

Mayrhofen, Austria Excellent. Aside from the local mountain there are 2 others including a glacier a short drive or bus away, we were there for Snowbombing which was completely crazy, but it is a party resort all the time. Highly recommend. Snow 7 Apres 9

Innsbruck, Austria Not a resort per se, but a place you can go for fairly cheap (the budget airlines fly directly there and you can stay in the city without paying resort prices) with many resorts less than an hour away by free bus. Decent nightlife in the city on weekends. Snow 6 Apres 6

Jasna-Chopok, Slovakia Small resort in the Slovakian tatras, about 4 hour drive from Bratislava. Could get a bit quiet if you're on your own, but you could have a great time with a group there and would be a novelty as a foreigner. Incredibly cheap, most of the mountain was ungroomed and on drag lifts Snow 5 Apres 6

Zakopane, Poland 2 hours south of Krakow. Decent nightlife, shit snow (nothing above a blue run). Fun with friends for a weekend perhaps. Snow 2 Apres 7

Hakuba, Japan Great mountains, as mentioned in another thread the nightlife can be a little hard to break into as the Japanese tend to stick to themselves a bit at night and you otherwise have to try and get in with the Aussie seasonal workers. I was there at the end of season though and it had quietened down. Certainly felt it would be better to bring your own group there. Snow 7 Apres 3

Hotham & Perisher, Australia Both from my younger years, one with friends and the other one a university trip so can't really comment, it's Australia so the snow was patchy, the university trip was fun as you might expect! Snow 3 Apres 7

Have done days at Verbier, Grundelwald (Switzerland), Feldberg (Germany), Crystal (WA)..

Heard really good things about St Anton & Ischgl in Austria, and will be going to Breckenridge CO in February as well as some more of the mountains in the PNW.. if some snow finally falls! [Image: angry.gif] I would also love to go in Chile & Argentina one day.

Ski Resorts

There's an old joke about Jackson Hole ski resort.

QUESTIONER - "Whats the sex ratio at Jackson like?"
ANSWER - "10"
QUESTIONER - "What? 10 percent female?"
ANSWER - "No. 10."

In all my time going there in winter for three decades, that joke still resonates. (It's quite the opposite during the summer months.)

And in Utah, Park City and possibly The Canyons aside, there as well!

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Ski Resorts

Ha. I was actually considering doing a trip to Jackson Hole, largely on the back of wanting to snowboard and stay in a Wyoming cowboy town. Good to know!

Ski Resorts

Never been out west snowboarding, only around here where I live (I only learned last year), but...don't go skiing to get chics. Go with friends to have fun, or as a really fun date where you end up laughing and tumbling in the snow.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Ski Resorts

A friend of mine is working her second season in Alta, Utah at the moment. Crazy partying but it's mostly dudes.

Whistler is basically an Australian colony.

Ski Resorts

I came back from Zermatt recently, its very popular for Swiss german to go there and party, same with swiss french..if there's a palce in Switzerland you can get a swiss flag easily its there. I made out with a swiss german and a swiss french there from Geneva, the swiss german was a local though and didn't want me to go to her place with her roommates but the swiss french I was cockblocked by one of my friend but I danced and madeout with her almost all evening and she kept going back to me... Anyhow, people love to party there, hit up Hinnu Stall for après-ski where people are stripping [Image: smile.gif]...expensive resort though but maybe cheaper than Whistler..perhaps I got a bit lucky because I was there during the week the University of Genève had a ski trip there and they fully occupied my hotel

Verbier I've heard is absolutely crazy but never went there myself.

If you want any questions about the actual resorts just hit me up.. I've stayed in Grenoble for a semester so went to a lot of places around.. I went to Whistler 4 times when I was younger...and Vail/Breckenridge

From experience in Europe the craziest afterskis I went were in:

Bad Gastein
Deux-Alpes
Val Thorens (we were driving we didn't stay long but it was amazing)
Zermatt

And I have been told the absolute craziests are in Austria but for a global list:
Sankt-Anton
Verbier (drinking from beer running down skis...)
Val Thorens
Val d'Isère
Bad Gastein (because of all the Austrians driving from Vienna/Salzburg which are close than the Tyrol plus the massive scandinavian population working there)
Zermatt (Hinnu Stall and Pappela pub are too amazing spot, plus a lot of rich people)
Les Deux Alpes (the massive house stage on the mountain)

Ski Resorts

Quote: (01-28-2015 09:58 AM)heavy Wrote:  

Never been out west snowboarding, only around here where I live (I only learned last year), but...don't go skiing to get chics. Go with friends to have fun, or as a really fun date where you end up laughing and tumbling in the snow.

Agreed entirely. Doesn't hurt to hit a resort with good apres and land yourself a snow bunny for the week though!

@MrRoundtree Going to Breckenridge in February, what did you think of it? I have high hopes [Image: smile.gif]

Ski Resorts

I've been to Breckenridge - neat little town, decent skiing, but again, if you want to get laid go to Cancun or something, dont go skiing. There are a few little brewpubs and bars stocked w/dudes. They best way to get laid on a ski trip is to bring a girl. Otherwise enjoy the skiing.

Ski Resorts

I've never done any afterskis in Whistler/Vail/Breckenridge so I can't comment on this, I was with family...Breckenridge might be a little more quiet than Vail as its less touristic but the resort is big enough and pretty neat..plus if you have a car you can easily hit up other resorts, even Vail as its not far..we stayed and Breckenridge and went around. There was a massive snowstorm when I was there so the conditions were excellent..you are likely to run into good powder conditions there but also to ski under the sun and its so high up that the snow becomes pretty quickly very difficult (more likely in Vail though)

We couldn't ski at the top because of windy conditions but most of the mountain is covered with trees as opposite to resorts in Europe and you can find some decent snow there.

Ski Resorts

Pictures from when I was in Breckenridge..I didn't have powder skis back in the day [Image: smile.gif] In the morning it was very decent..but nothing like I experienced in Whistler and Austria in term of powder