rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Particularities of gaming in France

We got quite a few French people here, and lots of other are interested in gaming in France, so thought I would make a thread to discuss the particularities of gaming in France and using the French language to game. In particular, French "translation" of effective routines/openers.

Disclaimer: all my experience comes from Paris. I can't speak for other cities. I can compare with US because I've lived in USA for 4 years.

FIRST THING FIRST, GET YOUR STYLE GAME TIGHT

It's not even cliché that Paris is the fashion capital. Girls here are thin, long hair and dress extremely well. The average French girl dresses much better than average US girl. The top and bottom girls are kinda the same though. If you are shooting for 6+, they expect you to dress nice. It's like a SAT score for college application.

Similarly, average French guys dress much better than average US guys, although the top US dandy can run with a top French guy. A lot of guys dress like chodes, but they are not even on the sexual market. Without exception, all the social rejects I know here dress like losers, and I've yet to meet a half-decent player who dresses snobbily. Keep in mind, plenty of dudes from Italy and other fashion capital who will make your street corner at Chatelet look like GQ live.

Absolutely get your style basics in order. Go to Zara and H&M, good deals there. Stick to staple pieces, but swap out your favorite shoes for a pair of boots of the same style, trust me. Blazers are a must. Get used to 100+ style of "chaussures de ville"

Being ripped has better dividends here. Maybe because French guys are almost all tall and lanky. Since I got jacked I stick to skinny jeans and slim shirt. Wife beaters also good choice for casual. Girls have gone so far as caressing my biceps after first meet.

If you plan to stay long term, STOCK UP ON LEVIS! They cost a fortune here. Lots of exchange students make a fortune by re-selling Levi on ebay.

1. Opening/Saying hi

Maybe I'm pedantic, but I've noticed saying "Salut" almost friendzoned the conversation. "Coucou" might be cute depending on your rapport with the girl, but mostly this is used by the social butterflies lord of the friendzone (ya know, the guy who is friend with every girls and all girls love but never actually gets laid)

"Hey" or "Hi" seems to work better based on my data. If you know the girl, bolder statements like "Ah, te voilà!" almost always prompt a good reaction from girls IMO. If you haven't seen the girls for a while, I've had success with "Ah te voilà, mais tu vives encore?" This is a good way to neg her if she just flaked or hasn't texted you back.

The French are very particular with their language. Girls expect you to be suave and charm them with your tongue. If your French is not perfect, and trust me most French guys are clumsy with words, dont play a game you can't win. Play up your exotic factor and inject English words. It's also some sort of compliance test. If the girl tries to use English back she is qualifying herself to you and becomes more invested.

Anyone wanna translate Roosh's classic "you guys seem to be having the most fun around here"? I tried "vous avez l'air de bien vous amuser ici" but it's kind of neutral.

Share any good opener you have.

2. Social Circle Game

This applies particularly in Paris. Due to the girls thinking they have unlimited option and their snobby attitude, you need a shortcut. Paris girls are very bitchy in a bizarre, endearing way that I just can't describe, je ne sais quoi! They are also very méfiantes, so if you are cold approaching you better have tight game or good DHV visible.

French guys are aggressive and even bitchier than the girls lol. They will call you out on your shit and cockblock you. Mostly this make both of you look bad, unless you have grace. French don't like bravado so a suave verbal fight is ideal, but don't hesitate to throw a punch if you have to.

If you are in an established social circle, rest assured that the girls are banging the guys. Watch out for subtle signs, it helps to know who is with who. Reputation is very important for girls because slut shaming is more severe than in USA. That doesn't mean girls are harder, in fact I think they are even sluttier, you just have to be discreet about it.

It's very easy to mistake the poser/social guy for the true player. French guys can feel a bit gay because they do a lot of things together with girls, so some guys can be seen around girls all the time. That does not mean he is a player, might well be the contrary.

Basic social circle game works. It's important to get the alpha guys and connecter guys in the circle to like you. You need to be invited to hang out with them. Once in start working the girl. If she has banged one of the guy that means she can and will bang another in the same circle. They love drama more than US girls. This is why social game can be tiresome sometimes.

3. Dating

Once you talk to the girl either cold approach or social circle, get her out. This is where I feel the easiness gap is much wider than in USA. Yellow light girls in Paris will almost never go out one on one with you unless your game is air tight, but yes girls won't hesitate. If she does, usually I don't bother. I've probably lost a few girls with this but I saved my sanity, reasons why I explain in the flaking part.

What I love about dating French girls: they don't expect you to pay, but they won't fight you for the right to pay either. Keep things simple. Offer to pay first and she can buy the next round. Lead. What I do is I buy the first round then venue transfer where she buys the next. Give you a reason to venue transfer too.

They let you lead. No matter how bitchy a girl might seem, if she's out on a date with you chances are she will let you lead. In their own words: they love to seduce and be seduced. I've gone out with a few headstrong girls but they always let me lead without giving snorty suggestion.

Your frame is even more important here than in US. If she is letting you lead and things are going well, dont fuck up. She won't make any move. In fact if you been out for a while and nothing has happened yet, shit just gone wrong.

This is probably why my dates are either smoothless without any resistance, or horribly boring right from beginning.

PDA is not frowned upon. Girls can be pretty intimate with you if she really likes you. People will give you shit for it but you are supposed to laugh it off. I was making out with my girl so passionately in the creperie (oh yeah, take them to creperie!), the old couple next to us stand up and leave and tap my shoulder "Au revoir les enfants. Thanks for the entertainment" I laughed "Where's your ticket money for the comedy show?" Next thing you know the waiter offer me and my girl a free round of drink.

All the girls I have gone out with are very feminine on the date, even if they are not usually so in real life. I appreciate that. They actually ask you to teach them stuff. Means you are SUPPOSED TO KNOW STUFFS. Guys remember you are at the heart of the Englightenement.

4. Flaking

The horror of gaming in Paris. Also why I dont even bother getting numbers anymore. Instant date has lower success rate but in the long term is much more efficient.

The FRENCHEST OF THE FRENCH response:

"Je te dirai ça demain/Je te rappelle"

I don't think anyone can beat Parisian girls at this: 1:50

Forget about it champs. She won't never call you. Welcome to try, but I won't be there to tell you "told ya so" [Image: lol.gif] but this is also a shit test. When you do see her again either pretend it never happened or make fun of her in a light-hearted way.

"Ok je viendrai" meaning: I will come if I have nothing else to do. And most of the time I have better thing to do than hanging out with you.

"Oui je suis super partante!" Green light, prolly will show up. But to be sure get a confirmation text before leaving.

"Oh j'aurais bien voulu, sincèrement, mais...." her dog dies/she aint got shit to wear/she has to take out the trash. Forget it.

"On viendra avec les autres?/Qui vient?" This is why I hate social circle game. Bitches always expect you to go out with the entire group. Not worth it IMO, unless your isolation game is strong.

Contributions, comments and critiques welcome.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

2 things:

"Ha tu vis encore" or better: "ah t'es encore en vie"

And:

"C'est vous qui avez l'air de vous éclater le plus ici"

I have to add something to clarify myself:

I might have said here and there that French guys are this and that. Notice that I'm talking more about the general beta population, which is about 90% in any country not just France. My wingman is French-French and he has the best game I've seen among all the people I've known in different countries. He is ripped and also does modelling. My best buddies are also French and they are fuckawesome bros.

You can find good alpha wings anywhere. France is no exception. If anything I find that French guys once befriended are even more willing to help you than my own Viet friends.

Question for you, how do you respond (if at all) to the non-stop complaining/moaning about everyday life that characterizes French women? While I do enjoy their feminity and style, I gotta say that the grumpiness is a major turn-off for me.

"C'est chiant..."
"Oh putain..."
"Non mais, franchement là...c'est con..."

I've met a lot of French girls here in Quebec over the years and most of them have brought with them this annoying habbit. How would a "This is a no-complaint zone" or "Your problems, not mine" or something like that be perceived? And would you say that this is something typically Parisian or simply French?

After dating a French girl for two months, I should note that there is quite a distinction between girls from "les provinces" and Paris. While there are also differences between north and south also, I've noticed that provincial girls are more receptive and sweeter than Parisian girls, at least on the outside. This girl I dated had grandparents that spoke Breton (Brezhoneg), so she may have been even more so of an outlier, but on a basic level there is a big difference.

I don't blame them, as Paris in and of itself can be a bit annoying.

But as stated, you NEED to learn French to be successful at a high level in France. I suggest taking classes in France, as you'll ease your way into it via learning in an environment with other exchange students and bang easy that way while learning the language you need to succeed. It's a win win.

Good thread Dalaran!
Disclaimer: my experience is mainly based with girls from the south west/cote basque as that's where I grew up and spent very little time in Paris with little to no gaming in Paris. However, I've known and met quiet a few Parisian girls over the years and I do agree that they are a different species altogether than les poupoules du sud ouest!

I wouldn't say that "Salut" is going to automatically friend zone you as it's a very generic, even neutral, an almost casual way of greeting someone, similar to say "what's up". I guess it depends on your rapport that you've built with her, and whether you've created and built enough attraction/curiosity in the first place with her.

Agreed that Coucou is kind of lame, almost girly if not faggish. I'd personally use it only with kids, not with a grown up woman that I'm after. It's something a girl would use, but as a man, I would not.

One greeting I like using with French girls is "Ciao Bella! come stai?" They love it! Even better if you can say a few words in Italian as they are obsessed with and adore 2 types of men more than any others: italians and Brasilians. You could even greet girls you meet on a date by saying "Oi Gatinha". (pronounced oy gatcheenya, a Brasilian greeting).

Jura,
The constant complaining is more a Parisian thing than French. Provincial girls are definitely a lot sweeter and friendlier. I'd say be assertive and masculine expecially with these types of girls (the Parisian whiners). Depending on your rapport with her and how much you care about her, I'd put a stop to it. First politely by saying:

"Oui je sais que c'est chiant/con, mais bon, laisse tomber, ca vaut pas la peine de negativiser/de te prendre la tete pour ca. Allez, on parle de quelque chose de positive?"

If that doesn't do it, then be more assertive. I'd have no problem telling her off if she persists by saying either of while looking at her with an air of agacement:

"Tu me les casses lal! Arretes!".
"Tu me gonfles la!"

To Lika's great suggestions, I'd add:

"Tu sors d'ou toi?" while laughing.

Bon, it's late here. I'll post more next time. Let's keep this excellent thread going!

Haha Frenchies are so different than Quebecers to a point its almost laughable, no wonder you guys have a much more latin background than us. Everything is more direct in Quebec and there is no pre-established rule.. Most Quebecers ancestors are from the north of France (Normandy, Picardie, Pas de Calais, Bretagne..)

However the opening in other languages are great, heard them put to good use here

French international students has been my niche market for quite a while. I usually split in three categories:

1) la flippée: the crazy one and most westernized, she smokes and drinks and wanders on the bitchy side without being a complete salope (she will be occasionally), ONS with them are simple and direct, pas de prise de tête
2) le boudin: the ugly one, to be avoided unless you're into chubbies
3) la jeune fille: the less-experienced girl and more "innocent" by appearance, she is usually studying liberal arts, jeunes filles are the most receptive to game, bold and assertive semi-cavemen game has been efficient for me on these girls

"Tu sors d'ou" is a great neg in general.

I steal this one from my wingman. When people asks how did you 2 meet, answer "Je l'ai trouvé dans la poubelle" Lol I guarantee a funny expression from the girl.

What I have trouble with the most is getting the girl out without looking needy. How do you say "Wanna hangout?" in French? Like hangout but you don't tell her exactly what to do yet.

For first date, if the girl doesn't drink, where can you take her? I've tried creperie and its kinda hit and miss.

@Jura: Girls complaining is so french lol. Maybe they think it makes them look feminine? Most of the time we talk about fun stuff or I tell her stories. But Jesus my ex (Korean, but she stayed in Paris so long she's even more Parisian than a pureblood) just LOVEEEEEE to complain. But most of the time this is just to get a reaction from you. Just hug them and kiss them, that will make them shut up. If you haven't bang the girl yet I find this an opportunity to hold her hand and escalate kino. Remember, when girl is complaining she is emotional. When she is emotional she is weak.

Great thread ! I concur with everything you said.

I don't think that there is a huge difference today between girls from Paris and from the province since most of the girls living in Paris today are not from Paris.

Daygame can be harder in Paris though, women are more approached and more busy than in the rest of France.

Quote: (01-27-2015 02:40 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

"Tu sors d'ou" is a great neg in general.

I steal this one from my wingman. When people asks how did you 2 meet, answer "Je l'ai trouvé dans la poubelle" Lol I guarantee a funny expression from the girl.

What I have trouble with the most is getting the girl out without looking needy. How do you say "Wanna hangout?" in French? Like hangout but you don't tell her exactly what to do yet.

For first date, if the girl doesn't drink, where can you take her? I've tried creperie and its kinda hit and miss.

@Jura: Girls complaining is so french lol. Maybe they think it makes them look feminine? Most of the time we talk about fun stuff or I tell her stories. But Jesus my ex (Korean, but she stayed in Paris so long she's even more Parisian than a pureblood) just LOVEEEEEE to complain. But most of the time this is just to get a reaction from you. Just hug them and kiss them, that will make them shut up. If you haven't bang the girl yet I find this an opportunity to hold her hand and escalate kino. Remember, when girl is complaining she is emotional. When she is emotional she is weak.

If the girl does not drink, I still take her to a bar, most of them have non-alcoholic cocktail nowadays.

Already hit you with the plus one. Great post.

WIA

Are girls patient if you're stumbling through a conversation in French? My French skills are average at best, and I would prefer to power through a conversation in French than revert to English.

@Chunnel: depends on the girl. Like I said above if your frame is tight and you are non-apologetic about your shitty French, might come off as DHV. WOuldn't try it in lousy venues though.

Can anyone share a few good manosphere forums in France? Something like RVF

I would also like us to start sharing our conversations with girls, texts or face-to-face. It's just not possible to post the translation in the texting thread because a lot of the nuance is lost. Yet there's a lot we can learn through each other's text and convo with girls.

I'll start. This is my text convo with a solid 8. The neg is about her funny face when I spin her around:

[Image: Screenshot_2015-01-27-23-33-50.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2015-01-27-23-34-09.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2015-01-27-23-34-37.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2015-01-27-23-41-33.png]

The goal is to eventually throw in a "Avant qu'on fait le planning pour notre honeymoon a Las Vegas je dois savoir si t'es fiable. Donc on va sortir xyz"

I feel like I'm still talking too much, but it was necessary to get the joke across. At least the girl seems to be playing along.

Comments and critiques on what to text next?

Her last message is about needing to practice, use that as hoop to push for a meeting. Your banter / baratin is nice but I wouldn't beat around the bush for so long, it's simply not my style.

I'd send her something like "Allons prendre un verre à X 9pm, je montrerai les ficelles du métier (ou: je te prends comme stagiaire / je te donnerai des leçons particulières)"

Can someone explain how "tu sors d'ou" is a neg?. I know the literal translation, are you saying it to imply they don't get out much?

"Tu sors d'où toi?" has a few meanings:

"What the hell were you doing?"

"Who the fuck are you?" and "Where do you come from right now?" implying she's some kind of rat coming out of her hole [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (01-27-2015 02:40 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

There's no literal translation. The closest could be:

"on se voit un de ces jours?"

@Dalaran
"Can anyone share a few good manosphere forums in France? Something like RVF"

I think this one is the most similar to the manosphere forum:
http://www.spikeseduction.com/forum/

FrenchTouchSeduction is also a big one but I don't really like it, it more like RSD.

Quote: (01-28-2015 06:41 AM)Esus Wrote:  

@Dalaran
"Can anyone share a few good manosphere forums in France? Something like RVF"

There's a new manosphere forum : http://www.forumbond.com , actually it's managed by some friends of mine[Image: smile.gif]

But in any case, most French PUA speak English and prefer reading rooshvforum and ROK, which have become quite famous among us French players and expats...

Sorry, the link I gave in my above post doesn't work, it should be written like that: http://www.forumbond.com

5'10" , super long black hair, narrow but bubbly ass and tits for days goes power walking past me the other day. Dark complexion, the skin, make up, in sneakers and workout clothes, this girl is clearly not from my town. I meet up with her at the end of the block and proceed a short albeit complete waste of a rushed set. Manage to get her number and we text a bit but she goes dark and poof, vanishes. Long story short; she just moved here from Paris, has that endearing haughtiness the OP described, something about that attitude and personality is so feminine, I would call it cute. This was the Frenchiest girl I have met in a long time. This one got away, who knows, it might kick up again a year from now, but if there are more women running around Paris like this I may have to book a trip soon.

Quote: (05-08-2015 07:24 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

5'10" , super long black hair, narrow but bubbly ass and tits for days goes power walking past me the other day. Dark complexion, the skin, make up, in sneakers and workout clothes, this girl is clearly not from my town. I meet up with her at the end of the block and proceed a short albeit complete waste of a rushed set. Manage to get her number and we text a bit but she goes dark and poof, vanishes. Long story short; she just moved here from Paris, has that endearing haughtiness the OP described, something about that attitude and personality is so feminine, I would call it cute. This was the Frenchiest girl I have met in a long time. This one got away, who knows, it might kick up again a year from now, but if there are more women running around Paris like this I may have to book a trip soon.

I had a forum member come visit the other weekend and he seemed to have great fun. Exotic factor and the tourist mindset help a lot since girls will be more tolerant. I might just try going out day game pretending to be a complete étranger one day.

Quote: (05-10-2015 06:12 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-08-2015 07:24 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

I had a forum member come visit the other weekend and he seemed to have great fun. Exotic factor and the tourist mindset help a lot since girls will be more tolerant. I might just try going out day game pretending to be a complete étranger one day.

Is there much of a language barrier if I dont speak/write French? Italy was pretty challenging to me.

Quote: (05-10-2015 08:46 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

Is there much of a language barrier if I dont speak/write French? Italy was pretty challenging to me.

I ll send you a PM but the short answer is no, especially if you are white and from another 1st world.