rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Survey: Does anyone actually call girls anymore?

I've been texting for almost a decade now, but for the longest time I would also call -- usually the first contact, after getting the number, would be a call.

Getting back into the game after almost two years (in an LTR and deployed overseas), I get the sense no one calls anymore (except in rare cases, say when you are both searching for each other in a crowded area).

So RVFers, do any of you still use calling a girl into your game? In particular, with girls you have not banged yet?

If so, when? For first contact? To warm up old/weak leads? And with whom? Women over 35?

Inquiring minds want to know.

In the three years that I've been gaming girls (both in Canada and in Europe) I can say with absolute certainty that I've never called a girl to set up a date. Not once.

Even just for last-minute logistics it's been nothing but texts.

I would call in a heartbeat to avoid playing stupid texting games when setting up dates, but so many girls nowadays view that as desperate that I've had to stay away from it.

HSLD

HSLD

I'll call if the text game is boring to see if there is really any interest before I jump ship. Had a dead ender called her like 2-3 times, we ended up meeting up that following weekend. But most of the time I stick to text or what's app voice messages.

Quote: (01-25-2015 07:37 PM)coverdoc Wrote:  

I'll call if the text game is boring to see if there is really any interest before I jump ship. Had a dead ender called her like 2-3 times, we ended up meeting up that following weekend. But most of the time I stick to text or what's app voice messages.

Yeah, if it seems like the text game is ambiguous - she replies back but not with a lot of effort - it's because she's unsure and it's a good time to call to build a bit more rapport.

But just cause you call doesn't mean it'll lead to a date either, even if it's a good call. Knowing this can be helpful because the process of renunciating outcome dependence is one of the most important skills in game.

I've had everything from good to bad to inbetween: 1) have good text game but spit bad verbal game during a call to ruin it (but if you spit bad verbal game in a call you'll likely spit bad game in-person so don't sweat it), 2) have bad text game but a good call where the girl said, "I wasn't going to meet you but after we spoke that changed my mind" 3) have good text game and good calls and the girl still all of a sudden flakes.

In 2011 I called all the time and it worked very well.

That was the year in my experience where the vast majority of Americans got smartphones. Calls were ignored and I would get texts back. Then text back times went from 30min-1hr then stretched up to 3 or 4 days like it was no big deal.

I don't call now more out of laziness because if I have many plates it is easier to text than sum up the energy to have 5 charming conversations to set up a date or 5 voicemails more likely where I get a text back.

Also in calls my voicemail would just say "hi, how's it going, I'll call you back later" then if they didn't follow up (very interested ones would) I'd hit them with a text a few days later.

In other words calling still works just you get less juice for the squeeze. I'd still say if you have the energy and drive calling is always better. The payoff is much less than it used to be as most young girls don't respect the effort.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

I don't usually call girls to set things up - but I do call some girls. The girls I do call usually are higher quality and may end up as a girlfriend of mine.

G

Quote: (01-25-2015 07:54 PM)Geomann180 Wrote:  

I don't usually call girls to set things up - but I do call some girls. The girls I do call usually are higher quality and may end up as a girlfriend of mine.

G

The girls you call are ones you've already slept with? Or even ones you haven't, but still feel they may end up as a girlfriend?

I don't like it. Typically what happens is, she'll call at some point early on in the getting to know you phase- we'll talk for a while that night. Then the next night she wants to do it again, and I tell her I'm not really a phone guy (I'm not) and that we should just keep it on text.

In my beta days, I would talk with a girl 4, 5 hours on the phone, all hours into the night, and lose sleep because of it. No sex but hey, it was female attention so I enjoyed it.

Now I know better.

Quote: (01-25-2015 08:28 PM)Kissinger2014 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2015 07:54 PM)Geomann180 Wrote:  

G

The girls you call are ones you've already slept with? Or even ones you haven't, but still feel they may end up as a girlfriend?

Generally, I sometimes girls I already slept with when I need to.

The girls I haven't already slept with, that receive calls from me, usually have called me first. Therefore, I'll call them sometimes. I perceive them as slightly higher quality since they make and take calls.

G

^ No doubt the ability to make solid phone calls always has been and always will be a DHV to the higher quality people of both sexes.

They create lasting impressions that text never will.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Between 2009 and now, I only remember calling one girl - a French nanny I dated for a while. She had an old bomb of a Nokia phone so TXTing sucks. Then her employer bought her a smart phone...

Quote: (01-25-2015 08:56 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

^ No doubt the ability to make solid phone calls always has been and always will be a DHV to the higher quality people of both sexes.

They create lasting impressions that text never will.

Absolutely, calling a girl really separates you from the pack. However, because girls today are so unlikely to pick up the phone without having much rapport with a guy it's basically a moot point.

Like Geomann said, I like to call girls when there's good rapport/attraction. Because a.) It's much more efficient than spending a lot of time texting back and forth and 2.) It builds more of a connection.

Texting is cool for keeping a fire stoked with a girl, or rekindling

If I'm not going to meet up with a girl for a while then a sporadic and interesting texts is my entry point, but when it's time to close the deal - I'm calling

For most women, there is something about a masculine voice and self-assuredness of a phone call that trumps SMS most times

MDP

Quote: (01-25-2015 09:24 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

Absolutely, calling a girl really separates you from the pack. However, because girls today are so unlikely to pick up the phone without having much rapport with a guy it's basically a moot point.

Exactly.

What I'll try to do is build up some rapport over text and then call. It can make a big impression but not all girls are really that ready to talk over the phone. A basic social skill has been lost because of these smartphones. You need to build up some real strong rapport for them to talk to you on the phone these days.

I tend to just suck leaving voicemail messages for some reason. [Image: confused.gif]

Quote: (01-25-2015 09:03 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

Between 2009 and now, I only remember calling one girl - a French nanny I dated for a while. She had an old bomb of a Nokia phone so TXTing sucks. Then her employer bought her a smart phone...

Yeah, texting used to suck on those old flip phones. I never texted until I got my smartphone. Now it seems all I'm doing is texting these days.

Though WhatsApp can apparently blur the lines between texting and calling in some ways. I'm going to experiment with it. The fact that you can see pictures of each other when messaging should add a bit more intimacy than simply words on a screen. It's also a good way to keep in touch with girls internationally.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Last time I called a chick was April 2013.
I think I could call a chick today, but they prefer texting.

Maybe chicks are lazy, maybe they get a gazillion notifications from the phone and the internet - but what it does to us is increase more women in the pipeline.

It's not a gain for women, because their dance cards were full before the internet came along. Guys all throughout her life have been offering friendship and sex.

There are some fatties, ugmo's, and old bitches that are enjoying the devolution - but they too could have been getting their fishboxes stuffed with a bit of makeup, heels, and going to the bar alone.

So by inviting all of that noise into her life, she's even more likely to miss out on
1) hot sex
2) a good dude

To rise above all that clatter - most of the time you need a gimmick - or your "image" is so appealing that she ends up being one of many chicks in a player's queue.

As usual, they get what they deserve, and my sympathy is nil.

WIA

I almost always call. Firstly I just prefer it, I get the gist of things in a moment, instead of the interaction spread over hours or days. Keeps it more spontaneous. Then also I have an old phone that makes it cumbersome to have long convos too, I figure that's for the best either way.

Often I send a text soon after our interaction, so they can more easily save my number and such. But in my experience Finnish girls are quite good at picking up the phone even when it's an unfamiliar number - where they ask who's calling. Or some girl who didn't get or didn't save my number called me, or texted me back asking who's called them when they couldn't answer.

I don't see this changing unless somehow everyone stops answering calls suddenly.

On topic - smoking hot girl at the gym has been eye fucking me for weeks. I'm chatting her up, I end up with the number, and I call her (I'm older, this is the way I've always done things for first contact). Her attitude went from enthusiastic to disappointed and cold. Is calling straight up the kiss of death nowadays? An actual dealbreaking faux pax?

These days, I think calling right off the bat is a mistake because it shows too much interest too soon.

I didn't call at all for years, but lately I've been experimenting and it's gone well.

I get the number and text within a few hours. Text occasionally for maybe 7-10 days to build some rapport. Then during a text exchange I say "Can I call you this evening?" So far they've always said yes. Sometimes they say call before or after a certain time. If they don't I say I'll call between certain hours. So far, they've all answered and the conversation went well.
Phone game is riskier than text or in person though, so it's probably more likely to work well for guys who have a good frame and lots of experience talking to girls. I limit the time to 15 or 20 minutes; just give her a taste and set up a meet.
I'm opposed to voicemail messages as a rule.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (01-25-2015 10:39 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

On topic - smoking hot girl at the gym has been eye fucking me for weeks. I'm chatting her up, I end up with the number, and I call her (I'm older, this is the way I've always done things for first contact). Her attitude went from enthusiastic to disappointed and cold. Is calling straight up the kiss of death nowadays? An actual dealbreaking faux pax?

You won't know until you call her again!

WIA

Quote: (01-25-2015 11:36 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2015 10:39 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

You won't know until you call her again!

WIA

I might just text instead this time [Image: smile.gif]

For most normal interactions I'll always text rather than call. Once in a while a woman I meet from online will want to have a short phone conversation just to make sure I'm somewhat normal. The only time I'll ever want to talk to a woman on the phone first is if I meet her from Tinder and she's agreed to come over to my place for our first date. I want to make sure she is who she says she is and she has basic communications skills before she comes over. It can be good for building a little bit of comfort first.

I call a about 50 percent of the time.
I usually text girls for the bulk of the conversation and call the day if the date to confirm

I am the cock carousel

I had a lot of success using calls but alongside some of the issues guys have mentioned before.

I found a good compromise of the benefits while avoiding things like over eagerness and timing by using voice clips...
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-44334.html

Don't underestimate the power of your voice on girls. Its a great way to switch it up and it gets them involved a lot more too.
It works better in foreign countries or if you have a novelty factor.

If you are going to call a good time is right after the gym or a jog. Sounds silly but there is a very noticeable change in voice tone that girls love. You get that boom effect and usually can talk smoother too.

I use calling in a strategy before a meet up.

Get the number, text a few days.

Do a submission test and text her "hey call me, I'm driving, don't wanna die" or something funny and light to that extent.

A few times I've said when she's called and seeing what she's doing "well I'm glad you don't sound like a man haha" or "i'm glad we're talking you can understand a better person more via phone than text" - I've never gotten pushback, usually the girls agree.

Chat about what else is going on, then confirm what I'm wanting to do with her in the next day or so.

I don't think it's taboo, IF YOU BUILD ENOUGH COMFORT.

Hell use facetime, you'll see how they act, how they look in normal settings win/win.