rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can you guys help with my next move here?

Hey dudes, time to break out the big guns (a.k.a. ask the guys on the RooshV forum). So I met a true hottie (8.5) at a party a couple of weeks ago. We had some great flirting, good eye contact and her body language was submissive and inviting (but not *too* much hahaha). So anyway, I get her number and leave the party. A couple of days go by and I text:

ME: hey <girl>, I have your lighter as my hostage. it's tied up in my basement. negotiations for its safe return can take place over drinks on wednesday or thursday.

(I stole her ligher at the party)

HER: I don't want it back, however, we always need more players on our indoor soccer team from 8-10pm Wednesday evening. C u then. <her name>

We had talked about how we both enjoy soccer when we met at at the party a few days earlier. I show up to the soccer game and she's nowhere to be found. When I get home there's another text from her:

HER: I might not make it tonight... exhausted

Fucking flake. Anyway, there are lot's of other hot girls on the team so I decide it's harvesting season and show again the that next week. She's there this time and we exchange some fun words, a few glances, and have a slighty-akward goodbye. I text her a few days later:

ME: hey girl, do you like wine, food and pirates?

HER: well, depends on the wine, the food, and the pirate. But generally speaking, yes.

ME: excellent (Burns style). tuesday at around 8:30. experience plundering and devastating charm at <local wine bar>.

HER: I'm currently making ready to sail to a distant shore (NC and Georgia)... Can't make it. Ciao

Next day:

ME: NC and Georgia are not distant... unless your talking about the eastern european version.

HER: Well, I consider more than 1000 miles away distant, so I suppose you're more of a globe trotter than I am. Regardless, I'm leaving town, so I can't make it. And, although I appreciate your persistence, like I said before, I choose not to spend time with folks whose activities include being a sarcastic asshole. Take care.

Gentlemen, is there any hope for recovery here? What would you guys do in this situation? I would like to see this one again because she's very hot and we have a good vibe... if I could just get some real face-time I could seal it off!

Are you sure the initial interaction went as good as you think it did or did you mistake her for just being friendly?

Your very first text was the "lighter hostage" one? Others may disagree with me but that just seems a little corny to me out of the gate. Also not sure if were missing texts you sent but every one you listed just makes you seem a little weird. i.e. lighter hostage, pirates, devastating charm.

As far as immediate recovery goes it sounds a bit difficult what I would do is continue playing on the soccer team and try to smash the other hot girls on the team you mentioned. If you can get some other girls on the team attracted to you that could change the way in which she sees you.

Quote: (05-04-2011 12:53 AM)GrumpStar Wrote:  

I would like to see this one again because she's very hot and we have a good vibe... if I could just get some real face-time I could seal it off!

Maybe you guys had a good vibe when you first met, but that good vibe is long gone by now. A lot of time has passed since you first met her. You got face-time with her when you met her at the 2nd game, and as you said you barely talked and there was an awkward goodbye. Forget about it and move on to the next ones.

Going to the soccer game twice probably helped seal your fate. You should have sent a message saying "Sounds fun. i'm busy can't make it" and then just showed up another week. Showing up 2 straight times let her know you were going just to meet her, and you were just following her order and lead.

I agree with Jack Frost, a lot of your texts were quite socially awkward. The lighter hostage opening text was corny, weird, and a little too much in my opinion. Putting (Burns Style) after excellent was also weird. Definitely cut down on the weird stuff in your texts. And the pirates, lighter, burns joke, etc. stuff that you say in texts, do you say that type of stuff in real life interactions? Just trying to help. Go holler at some new chicks and as Jack Frost said, take advantage of the other soccer chicks.

you are another guy in her orbit...first she gave good contact to see how manly you are...but then you did the same mistake which all other guys did after watching her.

you went needy...asking her again n again for the date...that doesnt make sense.

forget about her (she might come back but who cares?)

hahaha, yeah... upon further reading, it was a fairly weird thread of texting.

Too much effort on those texts perhaps? Tone it down a little. The messages you wrote are cute and cuddly but they have no edge. They make you seem kind of harmless. Pirates and hostages are just a bit much.

You lost her at your first text. Way too creepy/needy. Stealing lighters? Lame.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Just holla at more hos. I don't know if I could say the lines were lame, if a woman likes you, you can say practically anything and she'll be down for it. If she doesn't like you, you could have Dumbledore coaching you and she still wouldn't blow you for the love of alchemy.

Your text game was corny but some women like Simpsons so like I said, it's whatever you feel comfortable in. I've done some real corny shyt before in flow and I've ended up on top of the lizard pounding away blissfully so it really depends on what she's into.

Chalk that one up, grab your rod and go back out to the river.

Happy fishing!

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

This is why I'm such a huge advocate of cutting the bullshit from your texts until after you've banged the girl. I've texted girls asking them when they're gonna bang my dad before, but this is after I've banged them and I know they're not going anywhere.

The good news here is next time you won't try to be a comedian in your texts. The bad news is she basically sent you an email telling you to fuck off. The great news is, she opened a team of soccer girls for you.

If a chick say 'caio' to you in a text, and you dont have anything lined up in the future, she is really saying dont contact me again. That being said, her last text showed what a cunt she is. Let some other fool suffer her in Georgia.

Quote: (05-04-2011 02:21 PM)truedat Wrote:  

If a chick say 'caio' to you in a text, and you dont have anything lined up in the future, she is really saying dont contact me again. That being said, her last text showed what a cunt she is. Let some other fool suffer her in Georgia.

When a chick tries to get slick with you, do you cut her deep with something or do you just ignore her? What's the best treatment? I have a very wicked tongue and critical mind, harvested on the mean British shores and I've noticed that I can say some nasty shyt that Canadian women generally can't take. British minds tend to reside in places (from a critical standpoint) where the Canadian mind is incapable of generally visiting.

However, I've heard that it's beta to even take a woman's actions to heart. A true alpha will operate totally independent of the woman's comments and bang her cousin/mum/sister/daughter (of age) without even skipping a heartbeat.

What would your take on that be?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

I would say that generally (not always) it is counterproductive to outright insult a girl you are not fucking, unless you really dont give a damn about her in the slightest in which case who cares (might work to your advantage if she knows you could care less if you fucked her or not). Before sex she still feels she has the upper hand and will then withhold.

If this chick said she was leaving the state and chow to me I would not of contacted her again. If she started to get a little lippy and shit test me, I would guilt trip/neg her with 'not sure if I have the right number. I am trying to reach 'name' who was a very charming and sweet girl I met at 'location'.

Quote:Quote:

So I met a true hottie

This is when I knew it was over.

Then I read the whole thing and maintained the same position. You got too needy/excited and she felt it through your beta texts.

Stop trying to build attraction through text. If it takes you more than 20 seconds to come up with a text, then you're trying too hard.

Too much too soon. She's not going to pick up on the playfulness of your texts. You're talking to her like you're in a relationship with her instead of someone she just met. If she's calling you an asshole it's because you're overcompensating to hide neediness which screams of more neediness. Shorten your texts to a 3rd of what they are. She's gone but, you can send something that makes her feel bad for being rude without sounding bitter.

"namecalling? for trying to get to know you? its cool, I misjudged u"

One (hyphenated) word: try-hard.

Girls can detect even the faintest smells of putting in too much effort. Your texts reeked of it. I've done far less than this and fouled up a prospect. Use it as a learning.

Your only hope is to rest it for a few weeks and try to resurrect it with some solid, intriguing communique. This rarely works, but might be worth a try.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Like everyone else said, your texts were lame and its obvious u were trying to hard.

I wouldn't try to talk shit after her last message ONLY because u have the hoes at the soccer field. Don't want her trying to hate on you and telling them shit.

After reading all your comments I have come to realize how this interaction was much worse then my original assessment led me to believe. It's funny and frustrating how a beautiful women can cloud the judgment. Fisto's assessment is right-on I think... yup, attempting to building attraction trough text was a retarded move. Well on my way to breaking the 7 barrier with the help of the dudes here.

Quote: (05-05-2011 12:03 PM)GrumpStar Wrote:  

After reading all your comments I have come to realize how this interaction was much worse then my original assessment let me to believe. It's funny and frustrating how a beautiful women can cloud the judgment. Fisto's assessment is right-on I think... yup, attempting to building attraction trough text was a retarded move. Well on my way to breaking the 7 barrier with the help of the dudes here.

What does 7 barrier mean?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

It means I currently have trouble pulling women above a 7.

Its over bro, move on. She was WAY too eager to "cut" you down...TRIPLE the amount of girls you talk too.

toooo much cocky&funny

go direct

with way shorter sms

did you reply to her last one? i would have sent "ok" and then never contacted her again

The key is learning from your mistakes. I made a ton of beta mistakes like this in my teens and early 20s, but I learned from all of them. Now, I'm completely unstoppable.

Hey everyone, some great advice here. Thanks to everyone who has posted... this forum is an excellent resource for the aspiring gamer. I've had a new text message thread with a girl that's (maybe) also gone south and as usual, I would appreciate your heartlessly brutal analysis of the interaction.

So I met this girl in Whole Foods, opened her in the produce section next to the bananas (asked her if the one I was holding looked "ripe" with a little smirk on my face). She laughed at my opening line, then we talked for a few minutes about sports because I had just come from the gym and had on the work-out clothes. I told her I would call her to hang sometime and she gave me her number. After this she just happened to "appear" in the isle where I was shopping twice and we had short flirty conversations. When leaving she said something about guys she had dated in the past always being from North Carolina and I said I'm not surprised because those southern guys are "loving and strong." She smiled and said "yeah, that's true" and I said "I knew there was a reason you were talking to me... you have good taste" She smiled, said "see you soon" and then we parted ways.

Here's our text message thread from today:
Me: hey it's <grupstar>. how are you?
Her: which <grupstar>... I don't have u in my contacts.
Me: the handsome and strong one
Her: That's helpful.
Her (5min later): O right. WF. I'm good. On the road with rainbow to hoop convergent (dancing festival).
Me: Is that your dog? let's climb and(or) get drinks next week. wed or thurs are good.
Her: Im out of town for several weeks. Have fun though. Ciao.
Me: Hmmm... Ok. why the agro?
Her: because I have a boyfriend and your being pretty forward and I was just trying to be polite while driving. have a nice day.
Me: no worries, let's hang when you get back, you can show me your new dance moves...no pressure. is rainbow a person?
Her: yes, rainbow... he goes to your gym I think.
Me: well then I won't mention your mastery of flirtation.
Her: What is your last name?
Me (2 hour delay): McLovin

GrumpStar,

With your first string of texts, the bitch says, "and.... like I said before, I choose not to spend time with folks whose activities include being a sarcastic asshole."

In your defense, your texts don't seem like "sarcastic asshole" texts to me. And also I don't see where she "said before" that she didn't want to be with a sarcastic asshole. I only see it once. Were there more texts? Conversations? Was there more to the story?

She seemed OK until she dropped that "sarcastic asshole" bomb! That was pretty bitchy of her!

I will use some different words to describe your first texts -- I would say that your texts were too "cute" (or "cutesy") if you know what I mean...

Hey Chaz, she had "said before" that I was a sarcastic asshole at the party where we met... but she said it in that cute, playful way where they look up into your eyes and lightly slap you on the chest. Of course I executed the "Don't get any ideas because that's all you're going to get tonight" response when she touched me.