rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where would you like to live after 65?

So you've made your cash, and you've aged to the point where women are a lower priority. You've lived the international playboy lifestyle and are ready to take it easier in your later years.

Where do you choose?

Factors I would consider:

Language and culture
Safety and rule of law
Ease of getting a visa
Rules on buying property
Climate
Cost of living
Environment

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (01-20-2015 08:22 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

So you've made your cash, and you've aged to the point where women are a lower priority. You've lived the international playboy lifestyle and are ready to take it easier in your later years.

Where do you choose?

Language and culture
Safety and rule of law
Ease of getting a visa
Rules on buying property
Climate
Cost of living
Environment

Interesting thread

I would add another consideration, Healthcare both quality and cost becomes important at that age.

Quote: (01-20-2015 08:57 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2015 08:22 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Where do you choose?

Language and culture
Safety and rule of law
Ease of getting a visa
Rules on buying property
Climate
Cost of living
Environment

Interesting thread

I would add another consideration, Healthcare both quality and cost. It would have to be a place that you have spent time before and are comfortable. Dealing with change is much more difficult at that age.

Yep, forgot that one. Also public transportation could be a factor.

I've been giving this some thought in the past year. No idea why, but I want to spend my retirement in a rich Texas neighborhood.

Top of the list for me is somewhere by the sea in New Zealand, like the Bay of Islands or Nelson regions. I feel at home there, climate is not too hot in summer or too cold in winter, environment is stunning, decent food and wine culture, fairly safe and orderly, good health care.

Downsides are the high cost of living, remoteness from rest of the world, and terrible quality of women, but after 65 I will likely not care so much about that last one.

Quote: (01-20-2015 10:41 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Downsides are the high cost of living, remoteness from rest of the world, and terrible quality of women, but after 65 I will likely not care so much about that last one.

You sure about that?

[Image: nickolsonp0708_468x304.jpg]

That's about 35 years longer than I'd like to be around.

Quote: (01-21-2015 03:58 AM)dads Wrote:  

That's a dumb thing to say.

Done correctly, one's 30s are the best decade of a man's life.

With regard to the thread, nobody has mentioned family.

65 - that's nothing if you do supplements, juice daily and do some TRT.

Try 80 like Rolf Eden:

[Image: 10810054%2C7041476%2CdmData%2CRolf%2BEde...E2%80%8Bpg]

I either intend to have loving family and mistresses or just mistresses. Sure - there might be some sugar involved to get my sugar cone licked, but with enough TRT you can still look extremely good - coupled with Game 65 is not much of a problem. The only thing that you have to have by that age is money - otherwise you can expect to be in a LTR with a 40yo or bang hookers in SEA. BTW - that therapy by Dr. Jeffry Life is not cheap:

[Image: dr-jeffry-life.jpg]

I met an aged Playboy (around 60) from South Africa once. He had 400+ notches, but now lived with 5 girls in his palatial estate. If he did not let his body atrophy he could still run Game, but he stopped caring about that a long time ago. He was still very happy - had his family visiting often, fucking his hard harem of 20yo girls, though he missed picking up young chicks, he said that it could not be helped since his health is shit. Keeping your body strong and healthy above 40 is a must for men.

Maldives maybe? If the country is still above sealevel.

Quote: (01-21-2015 05:38 AM)DumbfromBirth Wrote:  

Maldives maybe? If the country is still above sealevel.

Very funny:
[Image: clip_image0021.png]

[Image: map-thailand.gif]

North County San Diego. I'll be 60 this year, so this is certainly a valid question for me! I choose to stay in Califormia because my roots, my family and most of my friends are here. I want to be somewhere serene and quiet, close to both surf able waves and ski resorts and no snow or extreme weather. Having lived in Los Angeles my entire life, rural living holds a high appeal for me. I found exactly the home and location two years ago and swooped that bitch up off the market immediately. I cannot wait until my killer getaway home is my permanent home! [Image: smile.gif]

Almería Spain or somewhere in West-Central Mexico. I want to retire in a Latin country and not live my last years amongst Anglos.

Hawaii

Ah suckers - if it does not work out I will be opting for the Smith and Wesson Retirement Plan - full service in heaven at no cost:

Just kidding - life is almost always worth living, but on the other hand sometimes it may be worth a thought.

Given unlimited cash...

Zermatt, no question.

Tenderman in 3, 2, 1.......

Quote: (01-21-2015 04:13 PM)StudebacherHoch Wrote:  

North County San Diego. I'll be 60 this year, so this is certainly a valid question for me! I choose to stay in Califormia because my roots, my family and most of my friends are here. I want to be somewhere serene and quiet, close to both surf able waves and ski resorts and no snow or extreme weather. Having lived in Los Angeles my entire life, rural living holds a high appeal for me. I found exactly the home and location two years ago and swooped that bitch up off the market immediately. I cannot wait until my killer getaway home is my permanent home! [Image: smile.gif]

Leucadia was my answer, but somebody beat me to it

Unless you're currently older than 50, there is no way of guessing this.
By the time I'm 65 the world is going to be a very, very different place.

Quote: (01-21-2015 03:58 AM)dads Wrote:  

That's what you say now ( presumably at 22 or so.) It's because you feel so superior to those older people.

But a lot of what you value as cool and progressive, and specially revealed to your generation and not others, will just seem jejune, shallow and obvious later.

If you don't smoke cigs or drink a huge amount or get fat you should feel great until you're past 40 and into early 50s.

Very few healthy 40 year olds want to die.

The unfortunate thing from your point of view is you can't be YoungTallCool when you're not Young anymore. If you're a famous actor or DJ you can be cool for longer though. Good luck with that...

Quote: (01-23-2015 08:07 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Given unlimited cash...

Zermatt, no question.

can you elaborate? I've bicycle toured Northern Italy in the Summer, rode up the Stelvio on a steel bike like a real man, and the Alps seems like a nice area--snow in winter, great mountain biking in summer, and fewer crass Americans around ( sorry guys.)

Why Zermatt in particular?

Quote: (01-24-2015 08:33 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Unless you're currently older than 50, there is no way of guessing this.
By the time I'm 65 the world is going to be a very, very different place.

I don't think the world will be THAT much different, there'll be -

Rich and poor
Fanatics and calm people
Young people and old people
War zones and mostly calm places
more computers

If you're on the "apocalypse is coming" plan you should read about what people in the year 1000 thought--- it was all going to be over. People are often talking about how the end is near: decade after decade, century after century. They are usually also selling a book about how you can avoid it.

Why not plan for the apocalypse which is practically sure to happen?:
You get old and die.

Why do some of you Americans want to stay in the country you now despise so much?

For me, it would have to be in France or Italy. Miles and miles of green scenery, twisting roads, beautiful weather and food. France also has an excellent health care system.

^But is that excellent health care system in France available to foreigners? If so, is it free?