rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girl keeps dropping hints, but wont respond

A few years ago, I met this girl online thru a friend. We messaged a bit back and forth and arranged a meet. She ended up flaking because she was too tired (I called and she was incomprehensible) and later apologized. We never rescheduled because I was going on a long vacation. When I came back, we lost contact and a few months later, she got a boyfriend. Sometime later that year, he randomly messaged me to stop talking to her because shes his.

Fast forward about two years and one night I messaged her about a band I thought she liked that I was going to see. We got to talking and flirting (she still had the same boyfriend) and I remembered she had an iPhone, so I could text her from my iPod, and we switched to that. We flirted and I teased some more and she said randomly that she hadnt seen her boyfriend in 2-3 weeks. It was clear she wanted to see me, but stupid me set it up for a few days later. To be fair, it was late at night in November and I didnt have a car (however, I wouldnt use that excuse nowadays). She ended up flaking because she finally saw boyfriend the night before we were supposed to meet up.

A couple weeks later, my family went to dinner at the restaurant she works at. I tried to get her to stop by several times, and the message never got thru (our waiter was incompetent, so Im not sure if it was him or her). Finally, at the end, my family went outside and I went up to the host girls to ask if she was around. They said yes and let her know, and finally she shows up, regards me from the kitchen, the bar, and slowly walks up to me, and embraces me. Ive never met this girl before in my life in person and she opens with a hug and says sorry about not meeting up and I say dont worry, well make it happen. We talk real close to each other, and of course Im an idiot so I dont think to arrange the meetup then and there. I break off and go home, and contact ceases.

A few months later, I message her that I had seen the band I thought she had liked (she just liked one song) and she asks how Ive been and noted that I dropped off the Earth (I stopped using facebook for awhile). Nothing happens. Then fast forward to about a month ago, I notice she and her boyfriend broke up. This kind of pissed me off because I wanted to get the cheat. A few days later, she posts one of those emoticon stickers like that gray cat thing on a random post from like two or three months prior, which means she was digging thru my profile. And I think she mainly accesses facebook from her phone, so that means she was hardcore digging and waiting for the 4G to load. I wisely took a screenshot of it, and messaged her a few hours later "Hey there" or something. No response. I checked back a few days later and lo and behold, the comment is gone. So I messaged her teasing about deleting it and letting her know she cant hide it. No response.

Im amazed shes given me this many chances and apparently still wants to try, but I have no idea what to do now. She gave me her number awhile ago and I know where she works. I have VOIP, so I can call, but not text. Im not in contact with any mutual friends, so the way I see it is as long as she hasnt blocked me, I can still go for the gold. I am just not sure which course of action would be best: calling or going in person, and then what to do for each.

You never really made a strong case for her to see you again, let alone fuck you

One last thing - She's back with her BF

MDP

Your problem is that you "met" her online and only real life interaction was when you saw her at the restaurant. Maybe this is what game has come to in our modern era, but I don't really think you had much going with her from the start. Some chicks are just attention whores nowadays and like stringing guys along. Her digging through your facebook may mean she was mildly interested, but definitely doesn't mean she's DTF.

I think you keep fumbling and not taking action, you want to know what to do? Take action, action in real life not over the internet, I'd try texting her to meet up, and if she gives you the run around, she's not interested and time to move on and meet some new chicks, which you should do anyway.

I'm trying to get some clarification here, like OG: you virtually met this girl online years ago and since then you've only actually seen her once, when your family went to eat at the restaurant she works at?

Agree with OG, take action. One more attempt, text for the meet up. If nothing, move the f* on and talk to live girls.

The only time I ever seriously tried was in the beginning. After that, she was just something that came up from time to time. Even now, I just figured I would ask here to see what thoughts would be. I have other girls I have met in real life to be concerned with, but she does keep cropping up periodically.

I think my main mistake this whole time was barely even trying to do anything; continuously half-assing it. The impression I get is that she has been interested, but I keep disappointing. Oh well, live and learn.

Next time, be direct

That way you have a better chance of accessing her REAL interest

Anything else is just verbal gymnastics on your behalf

MDP