rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NCAA gives back wins to the enabler of a child rapist

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...d-restored

Quote:Quote:

Penn State's football team is getting back 112 wins wiped out during the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal, and the late Joe Paterno has been restored as the winningest coach in major college football history.

The NCAA announced the new settlement with the school Friday, weeks before a scheduled trial on the legality of the 2012 consent decree it will replace.

The new deal also directs a $60 million fine to address child abuse be spent within Pennsylvania and resolves that lawsuit...

"To completely restore, in a sense, Joe Paterno's heretofore pristine reputation, I regret that," Boni said. "He did a world of good, but he made a huge, huge error in judgment in helping cover up Sandusky's pedophilia, and even posthumously I think that has to be recognized."

Boni praised Penn State in its dealings with the victims but said he sensed a "shift in the tide" later.

"There was a movement away from what I thought was a genuine mea culpa on the part of Penn State, having accepted the NCAA sanctions, and one toward, 'Why did we cave so easily?' That was disappointing," he said.

I'm not so sure Joe Paterno was really in any way responsible or aware of the shit Sandusky was doing.

It was stupid for them to take away his wins in the first place since he really had nothing to do with it. Personally I think the NCAA overstepped their boundaries with their punishment of Penn State. I think they should have let law enforcement deal with it since it was criminal matter and Penn State wasn't cheating to create a competitive advantage. But they like all organizations of today have no backbone and caved into outside pressure. There is a reason why they are doing what they're doing now by lifting the bowl ban and restoring the wins because they realize that they made a mistake.

Quote: (01-16-2015 07:39 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

I'm not so sure Joe Paterno was really in any way responsible or aware of the shit Sandusky was doing.

Quote: (01-16-2015 07:58 PM)PrimeTime32 Wrote:  

It was stupid for them to take away his wins in the first place since he really had nothing to do with it. Personally I think the NCAA overstepped their boundaries with their punishment of Penn State. I think they should have let law enforcement deal with it since it was criminal matter and Penn State wasn't cheating to create a competitive advantage. But they like all organizations of today have no backbone and caved into outside pressure. There is a reason why they are doing what they're doing now by lifting the bowl ban and restoring the wins because they realize that they made a mistake.

I dunno guys... Mike McQueary literally saw Sandusky raping a ten year old and told JoePa (obviously he should have intervened but that is beyond the scope of this with regards to JoePa), and Paterno did nothing. That has to at least come with the 'enabler' tag, which indicated some semblance of responsibility. Very complicated though, what the hell do I know?

I used to love the (rather juvenile yet hilarious) page 'Bros Like This Site' back when I was 20 and in the wake of the scandal, the author NYB actually wrote the best piece I read on the matter... Whenever I hear of the Sandusky case, I think of this post:
http://www.broslikethissite.com/2011/11/...ports.html

Quote:Quote:

The fact of the matter is that Joe Paterno was given details about a middle age man having sex with a 10-year-old boy in a shower in his locker room and he did the minimal amount necessary to stop it. Honestly, I consider this even worse than not reporting a murder because unlike a murder performed in a fit of rage, it’s common knowledge pedophilia is a sickness and the perpetrators will strike again

That isn't some blogger making shit up, that's off the grand jury report.

Fuck Joe Paterno, he was a great coach and did great things to many football player's lives... but he knew he had a sick bastard on his staff and he let him coach again, and therefore rape children again.

EDIT: Would be interested to hear if any developments in recent time came up though, maybe I am jumping to conclusions based on years-old news?

EDIT 2: Olbermann doesn't seem to think so...

That was a sad day in hell when Paterno got smeared along with Sandusky. Paterno was an oldschool contender in the 10 for years. The Bandwagoning that took him under is really sad. Similar in a lesser degree was Tressel from OSU.

It's difficult enough head coaching teams of this stature, but to have to play dad, priest, coach, cop, judge, and jury to everyone closely involved with the team is next to impossible I'm sure.

Yeah fuck JoePa. Anything he didn't know was from sticking his head in the sand after hearing from McQueary. (Also fuck McQueary. Call the cops, idiot.) The penalty was right the first time.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

Quote: (01-16-2015 09:03 PM)Grange Wrote:  

Yeah fuck JoePa. Anything he didn't know was from sticking his head in the sand after hearing from McQueary. (Also fuck McQueary. Call the cops, idiot.) The penalty was right the first time.

Google JoePa and look at him hiding his eyes (windows into the soul) from the world behind that fortress of eye glass lenses. After the fact, he looks an awful lot like a creepy old paedophile. Hiding behind that wall of coke bottle lenses in this day and age of lens technology. Beards, ballcaps, hoodies, coke bottle lenses. Deeply ashamed people or people hiding something will often gravitate to those defenses. I've read that and it's not my opinion.

Quote: (01-16-2015 10:34 PM)melmoth Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2015 09:03 PM)Grange Wrote:  

Google JoePa and look at him hiding his eyes (windows into the soul) from the world behind that fortress of eye glass lenses. After the fact, he looks an awful lot like a creepy old paedophile. Hiding behind that wall of coke bottle lenses in this day and age of lens technology. Beards, ballcaps, hoodies, coke bottle lenses. Deeply ashamed people or people hiding something will often gravitate to those defenses. I've read that and it's not my opinion. Sorry to offend you dudes with beards. :

JoePa dropped the ball for sure. But lets not forget all the other people that swept this under the rug. Sandusky's wife didn't do shit when she knew she was lying next to a child rapist in bed at night. There was an investigation in 1998 IIRC that police and attorneys looked into some shady business by Sandusky and didn't do anything.

From the top down, this was swept under the rug for as long as possible. The district attorney, JoePa, the people JoePa reported it to, law enforcement, McQueary, etc all didn't do enough.

Now that being said, the NCAA definitely overstepped its bounds, and essentially exacted the punishment on a group of players, coaches, and students that largely had nothing to do with the scandal. People should have been fired and jailed for their neglect, but banning PSU from bowls and taking away their scholarships really made the wrong people pay for these crimes.

The original sentence was an egregious rush-to-judgment by the politically-correct NCAA that lacked any due process.

Even if we grant that Paterno "enabled" the abuse somehow (which I do not doubt), this had nothing to do with the games on the field or any aspect of the performance of the football program, hence the NCAA shouldn't have even gotten involved.

It was downright Orwellian to vacate the wins, so I believe that justice was served in the end for the football program.

I don't mind the fines and probations at all. The vacating of wins, however, was idiotic. The cover-up didn't give PSU any competitive advantage, and the fact is that the games happened. Did they also give wins to their opponents?

Mike McQueary is a total pussy who a man raping boys and did nothing. If I see a man raping a child, I am going to the police. I'm not going to my boss or anyone else. Joe Paterno can't report crimes he doesn't witness.

The worst legacy of the Penn State fiasco is that it's encourage more laws that require people to snitch. While I don't believe in covering up crimes of this nature, I also don't believe in making people report crimes. That is the hallmark of tyranny.

On WebSleuths, there's a huge thread about this District Attorney named Ray Gricar who "disappeared" in 2005 and is presumed to be dead. He investigated Sandusky in 1998, but didn't press any charges. Many speculate he foresaw the whole thing about to blow up and walked away before it did.

Some key notes:
-The night before he didn't leave the office until well after 9PM
-A Legal book was found on his desk, flipped open to a chapter about what to do in the event of a D.A. Vacancy
-His (county) Laptop was found in a River with the HD removed, his home computer showed searches on how to wipe a laptop.
-People recall him being fascinated by a Police chief from Ohio who disappeared and was rumoured to have started a new life in Cali.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive...44906.html

Whether they go down as wins or not is insignificant relative to what happened at Penn State. What Sandusky did is one of the most disgusting and vile crimes that can be committed. Paterno is culpable because he put "the program" ahead of children's lives. He knew about what Sandusky was doing for years and turned a blind eye. This was an institutional facilitation of child molesting, all to protect sports team. The fact that they still have a team is a disgrace.