rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving to Romania - Need Tax Advice

I currently live and am a citizen of the USA where I grew up. However, I was born in Romania and moved to the US when I was 3. I now plan on moving back and living in Romanian where I will have duel citizenship with the USA.

For my work I am a sole proprietor doing freelance work over the internet for different US businesses and individuals. I get paid direct deposit into my US bank account.

Once I'm in Romania, how would I file for taxes since i'm still earning my revenue in the US but living in another country?

Would I be double taxed and also have to file for taxes to the Romanian government?

Does anyone have experience with anything similar to this or can point me to some resources where I can do more research on the subject?

I'd just pay the self-employment tax in the USA and fly under the radar in Romania.

You can file on-line through various IRS-approved services or use a tax preparer to di it for you.

Keep your money in the USA and just use ATMs.

That's just an off-the-cuff opinion. You would need a Romanian lawyer to give you the run down on their tax and residency law.

Yeah I plan on asking a Romanian tax attorney for further advice right before I move there. Just wanted to know if anyone had any similar experience first before I did.

Why do you think I should just get paid in the US and spend my money by transferring it to RO, rather than cancel my US account, open a Romanian one, and get paid to that?