rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

All-women's college cancels 'Vagina Monologues' because it's not feminist enough

All-women's college cancels 'Vagina Monologues' because it's not feminist enough

http://campusreform.org/?ID=6202

Quote:Quote:

Mount Holyoke College, an all-women’s school, announced in a campus-wide email that the Theatre Board has cancelled its annual production of the “Vagina Monologues.”
The board has decided to retire the feminist classic as it is not “inclusive” enough to those who identify as women but do not have vaginas.
The school recently decided to admit male students who identify as women.

Mount Holyoke College, an all-women’s college in Massachusetts, is retiring its annual production of the Vagina Monologues this year because the play is not inclusive of transgender students.

The annual production of the play is part of a country-wide tradition to perform Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues on Valentine’s Day to raise awareness about gender-based violence and usually coincides with the V-Day campaign. The proceeds are donated to sexual assault prevention organizations or women’s rights organizations.

This year, however, Mount Holyoke’s Project Theatre Board is defying tradition by permanently retiring the play. In a school-wide email from the Theatre Board, a representative from the group, Erin Murphy, explained the problems with the play and the reasoning behind its discontinuation.

“At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman...Gender is a wide and varied experience, one that cannot simply be reduced to biological or anatomical distinctions, and many of us who have participated in the show have grown increasingly uncomfortable presenting material that is inherently reductionist and exclusive,” the email, obtained by Campus Reform, said.

Replacing the play will be Mount Holyoke’s own version that will be trans-inclusive and fix the “problems” supposedly perpetuated by Ensler. Murphy also claims that there are problems with race, class, and “other identities” within the play.

The new production, comprised of students’ monologues, will be performed in a fashion reminiscent of the feminist classic. The program will be performed alongside the College’s Peer Health Educators, an on-campus student-led group that provides education and workshops for students, including a workshop on how to use sex toys properly.

Students have had mixed reviews about the decision and took to the Holyoke Confessional, an online anonymous message board, to vent or praise the Theatre Board’s decision to cancel the play.

“I love how people who have never been able to discuss or embrace their vaj-wahs aren't going to find an avenue here, either, since female-validating talk about vaginas is now forbidden. That's so misogynistic under the guise of ‘progress,’” one student wrote.

“But we can't present a show that is blatantly transphobic and treats race and homosexuality questionably, when one of the conditions of getting the rights to the show is that you can't critique it or alter it,” another student said.

The college recently expanded its definition of a woman when it announced it will be accepting men who identify as women in the upcoming 2015 admissions cycle. A video also recently circulated from the college, explaining Mount Holyoke’s new definition of a woman.

1. Trans inclusion is now the newest big thing feminism. This theme was present in 2014 (and before) but it will get very big in 2015. However, it is very divisive among feminists. It really undercuts the "male privilege" argument since you're not supposed to be able to renounce or give up your male privilege. In other words, break out the popcorn.

2. Can we stop for a moment and think about how miserable it must be to be a part of the feminist/SJW movement? I don't mean feeling like a reject enough to join in, and not because of the manosphere. Because you must constantly be on guard not to let anybody else in the movement see you as insufficiently committed to the cause/s, and because the cause/s keeping changing on everybody, and you're found guilty for not anticipating what the party line would be in a year or five or ten and agreeing with it ahead of time. It's a giant echo chamber of eternally hurt feelings, snark, passive-aggressiveness, and outdoing each other to rat each other out for perceived slights in the past to raise your own status, especially against the successful people of the past who start to look to feminists/SJWs just like the successful people outside of their movement who they hate.

I'm not saying we let up on them, I'm saying we recognize that deep down they don't like each other and we pounce on that.

3. Somebody please get a transcript (can they still use that word?) of the new play they're putting on. I bet it will be absolute garbage without even attempting to be humorous in parts.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

Everything else --------->

Grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference

Quote: (01-15-2015 01:42 PM)The_e_man Wrote:  

Everything else --------->

Damn, wrong place, didn't even notice. Mods please move?

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

What did I just read?
[Image: mindblown.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

The revolution devours its children, anyone?

“But we can't present a show that is blatantly transphobic and treats race and homosexuality questionably, when one of the conditions of getting the rights to the show is that you can't critique it or alter it,” another student said.

This is great! They've just made rabid feminist and left winger Eve Ensler into a reactionary. She deserves this.

For years she was on a high horse castigating everyone else for not being "enlightened" enough and now her own work is looking as dated as "Father Knows Best" because of the mindset of so-called progressives.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Maybe she can have a drink with Bill O'Reilly and discuss what it's like to be the bad guy to liberals. Hahahaha.

Quote: (01-15-2015 06:58 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

This is great! They've just made rabid feminist and left winger Eve Ensler into a reactionary. She deserves this.

For years she was on a high horse castigating everyone else for not being "enlightened" enough and now her own work is looking as dated as "Father Knows Best" because of the mindset of so-called progressives.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Maybe she can have a drink with Bill O'Reilly and discuss what it's like to be the bad guy to liberals. Hahahaha.

Feminism has to up the message:

[Image: tumblr_inline_mzcdpxYIhG1ri344e.gif]

"Replacing the play will be Mount Holyoke’s own version that will be trans-inclusive and fix the “problems” supposedly perpetuated by Ensler. Murphy also claims that there are problems with race, class, and “other identities” within the play."

It should go without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that any work of art written and focused solely to toe a political line is not a work of art at all but propaganda.

They might think they're putting on a play, but they shouldn't be in the "arts" section. This should be listed under "lectures" instead.

I saw this coming when I used to review theater. It started when directors would stage post-production discussions to "explain" elements of "troublesome" plays. I once asked "If you need to talk about it doesn't that mean the work of art itself is substandard?" Can't remember what answer I got but my question didn't make it to print.

This is only the beginning, too. SJWs have attacked "Gone Girl" because it paints women in a negative light, leading a lot of writers to question whether liberalism is starting to kill freedom of expression in the arts. If I decide to write again (and if anyone will publish me again) I'm going to extrapolate on that with a wicked parody. We'll see.

Quote: (01-15-2015 06:38 PM)vinman Wrote:  

What did I just read?

Couldn't have said it better myself. But in answer to your question I have no idea, i'm still pondering how feminism is still even a thing - antics like this it should have collapsed on itself ages ago.

Quote: (01-15-2015 10:50 PM)RUIN Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2015 06:38 PM)vinman Wrote:  

What did I just read?

Couldn't have said it better myself. But in answer to your question I have no idea, i'm still pondering how feminism is still even a thing - antics like this it should have collapsed on itself ages ago.

Feminism and the sexual revolution have sent all women to a small group of men by financially and morally freeing them from monogamy to similarly ranked men.

They have created an army of suffering, sexless, self-hating men. Misinformed about their predicament, and shielded from seeing slutty alpha-only behaviour, they double down on their slave mentality and fight for their masters.

TLDR: Feminism is defended by men hoping to solve their suffering which is caused by feminism.

This is true - although it's more a rhetorical question, I think back to the first Matrix movie where Neo is going through the Agent training programme and Morpheus explains how people are so "plugged" they defend it regardless.

Did anybody notice this video linked in the original?

Don't watch while drinking anything.

Quote: (01-16-2015 06:07 AM)sixsix Wrote:  

They have created an army of suffering, sexless, self-hating men. Misinformed about their predicament, and shielded from seeing slutty alpha-only behaviour, they double down on their slave mentality and fight for their masters.

Marxist theory actually already has a term for what you are describing - false consciousness.

Quote:Quote:

“At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman...Gender is a wide and varied experience, one that cannot simply be reduced to biological or anatomical distinctions, and many of us who have participated in the show have grown increasingly uncomfortable presenting material that is inherently reductionist and exclusive,” the email, obtained by Campus Reform, said.

[Image: resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-...202e09.jpg]

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

In a course called Crowd Psychology one learns that IN SOME "mob" situations the extreme element, the most aggressive element always pulls the crowd to a more aggressive state. When the element manages to pull the crowd to his state, so that he remains different, it becomes more aggressive.

This can go on for some time. But usually the group reaches an upper threshold where these elements are "evicted" , usually violently, from the group.

If this does not happen then the group stops functioning and starts auto-disintegration. Even if it does happen (ejactulating Shark-esian or your token feminist) the group is crippeled by the new and unnatural (to them) state of affairs.

We are at that point where feminists are not feminist enough.
It will soon collapse.

Quote: (01-16-2015 03:06 PM)Michael P Wrote:  

In a course called Crowd Psychology one learns that IN SOME "mob" situations the extreme element, the most aggressive element always pulls the crowd to a more aggressive state. When the element manages to pull the crowd to his state, so that he remains different, it becomes more aggressive.

This can go on for some time. But usually the group reaches an upper threshold where these elements are "evicted" , usually violently, from the group.

If this does not happen then the group stops functioning and starts auto-disintegration. Even if it does happen (ejactulating Shark-esian or your token feminist) the group is crippeled by the new and unnatural (to them) state of affairs.

We are at that point where feminists are not feminist enough.
It will soon collapse.

Not soon enough
I'll be counting the days til it implodes

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

Quote: (01-16-2015 12:54 PM)Grange Wrote:  

Did anybody notice this video linked in the original?

Don't watch while drinking anything.

That video is mind-bogglingly stupid - it basically shows their demented mental state, where they want to define ANYONE who considers himself as a woman a woman! You can even be a full man, wear male clothes, but just claim to be a man to get admitted to that college.

The closest thing that this resembles is the mad speeches that were given about communist leaders exalting the virtues and glories of their wonderful utopia and lying about the actual living standards of the west:

North Korea still produces those videos.

[quote='Grange' pid='932439' dateline='1421347061']
http://campusreform.org/?ID=6202

[quote]
Mount Holyoke College, an all-women’s school, announced in a campus-wide email that the Theatre Board has cancelled its annual production of the “Vagina Monologues.”
The board has decided to retire the feminist classic as it is not “inclusive” enough to those who identify as women but do not have vaginas.
The school recently decided to admit male students who identify as women.

I don't know where to start with the amount wrong with this. The world has in fact gone mad. Any man who thinks he is a woman and even has one of those artificially produced vaginas, is still a man., well a freak really. They do not have periods and can't produce children. These people don't need surgery or acceptance by society. They need mental help. They have a mental disease. These operations are in many cases performed by surgeons who are also trans freaks.

I used to date a girl who went to an all-girl's college, specifically Sweet Briar.

She had some definite "you go girl" issues....and a lot of her friends were batshit crazy. Hell, I even found a meme after we broke up that had been passed around celebrating her departure from the school.

Feminism just jumped the whale

[Image: facepalm2.gif]

The... faaa... WHAT?