rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

There was some encouraging talk about this town in the 'second tier cities' thread.

Time to break out its own thread.

I will proably stop here on the way from Istanbul to break up the bus journey to Sofia so I might be there as early as this weekend.

I hear its a big university town and it gets called the 'paris of the balkans' but I would rather hear what dudes on here say than listen to a quote like that.

Anyone here who has been there care to comment?

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Honestly, the capital is a bit of a dump. Plovdiv being smaller is easier to tackle, the main walking street is great and you can easily find clubs/bars in that area.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

I wonder if they speak decent english...

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Will let you know in a few days

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Drop by in Antwerp if you like. I'm living here now

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (05-03-2011 06:54 AM)Tommy Wrote:  

Drop by in Antwerp if you like. I'm living here now

What's it like? CAn you give me the breakdown?

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Just got here today.

I feel like I have stepped back to 1981. All the chicks seem to be dressed like Cydi Lauper or Madonna from that era and tons of them have the same crimped hairstyle like someone took their head and put it in a sandwich toaster.

It's kinda funny.

On the plus side, a lot of girls here have big tits.

The town itself it pretty charming. Cobbled streets and a chill slow pace but with plenty of university age girls around.

Will comment on the nightlife after this weekend.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

So how did it go?
In Plovdiv most fun places are concentrated around the main pedestrian street, no doubt you found that out soon enough. Very walkable, and very nice weather at this time of the year, before summer heat kicks in - avoid it in July and August, as it's brutal (often up to 40 degrees C)
Lots of pretty girls too, hope it worked out well for you.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (05-06-2011 11:13 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Just got here today.

I feel like I have stepped back to 1981. All the chicks seem to be dressed like Cydi Lauper or Madonna from that era and tons of them have the same crimped hairstyle like someone took their head and put it in a sandwich toaster.

It's kinda funny.

The town itself it pretty charming. Cobbled streets and a chill slow pace but with plenty of university age girls around.

Lumiere, how was Plovdiv? How much english do they speak there?

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

There is about a 50-50 chance you will have a language problem if you approach a random girl

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Just got here today.

It's kinda funny.

Hey Lumiere, I think you still owe us a few comments on Plovdiv! I agree with the second tier city theory. There's a much higher chance of hooking up with normal girls who aren't jaded by mass tourism, and you don't get labeled right off the bat. There's still enough genuine curiosity on their part which makes approaching a lot easier.
That being said, I'll spend probably a week in Bulgaria after Macedonia and I'm wondering if I should skip Sofia altogether. Maybe split between Plovdiv and Veliko Tarnovo, which looks like a funky little town, and from there up to Romania. Any thoughts or comments on your part would really help to firm up my decision.
By the way, did you get to the Ukraine on this trip? That's where I'm ultimately headed.

... funerals are insane, the chicks are so horny, its not even fair, its like fishing with dynamite ... Ma!!! The meat loaf!!!

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Gah! My kryptonite!

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-03-2011 06:30 AM)Brazmerican Wrote:  

Hey Lumiere, I think you still owe us a few comments on Plovdiv! I agree with the second tier city theory. There's a much higher chance of hooking up with normal girls who aren't jaded by mass tourism, and you don't get labeled right off the bat. There's still enough genuine curiosity on their part which makes approaching a lot easier.
That being said, I'll spend probably a week in Bulgaria after Macedonia and I'm wondering if I should skip Sofia altogether. Maybe split between Plovdiv and Veliko Tarnovo, which looks like a funky little town, and from there up to Romania. Any thoughts or comments on your part would really help to firm up my decision.
By the way, did you get to the Ukraine on this trip? That's where I'm ultimately headed.

Actually sofia feels very much like a 2nd tier city due to the small size of the country.

Plovdiv on the other hand has the feel of a town so small that everyone seems to know everyone else. This gets in the way as, if a girl hooks up with you then people will know about it and she needs to worry about her reputation.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Yikes! But was Bulgaria a good experience in general? Do you think Sofia is a cool place for a single guy with game? Don't mean to pester you... I'm just trying find out where I should put Bulgaria on my priority list. If anyone else wants to chime in as well it would be appreciated!

... funerals are insane, the chicks are so horny, its not even fair, its like fishing with dynamite ... Ma!!! The meat loaf!!!

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-03-2011 12:52 PM)Brazmerican Wrote:  

Yikes! But was Bulgaria a good experience in general? Do you think Sofia is a cool place for a single guy with game? Don't mean to pester you... I'm just trying find out where I should put Bulgaria on my priority list. If anyone else wants to chime in as well it would be appreciated!

I really enjoyed Sofia, but I had a friend there who knew the ropes so it was a little easier. But its a nice city if you know where to go. Not too big, not too small, and very inexpensive.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-03-2011 03:28 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2011 12:52 PM)Brazmerican Wrote:  

I really enjoyed Sofia, but I had a friend there who knew the ropes so it was a little easier. But its a nice city if you know where to go. Not too big, not too small, and very inexpensive.

Can we expect the aforementioned "big tits"? Please say yes.....

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

I had a multi-month relationship with a bulgarian girl (C cups) from Razgrad. Alpha attitude with occasional romantic sh*t was enough to hit her cultural settings of alpha expectations yet the random beta romance sh*t made me different from the Borislavs and Iliyas. I preferred her look (tan complexion, nice guns, flat stomach, but shorter legs & minimal ass) to the polish/czech/russkis I dated. Easiest break up as I went back to America after my semester was over. No green card wedding.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-03-2011 11:41 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2011 06:30 AM)Brazmerican Wrote:  

Actually sofia feels very much like a 2nd tier city due to the small size of the country.

Plovdiv on the other hand has the feel of a town so small that everyone seems to know everyone else. This gets in the way as, if a girl hooks up with you then people will know about it and she needs to worry about her reputation.

How about a data sheet? Or some greater insight?

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

In case you guys are wondering, Bulgaria is not like Peru or SEA in terms of easy pussy. The streets unfortunately are not "paved in pussy". That said, it's not bad like India. Bulgarian women are interested in foreigners, and they are good looking with nice bodies.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-03-2011 08:40 PM)The Duke Wrote:  

In case you guys are wondering, Bulgaria is not like Peru or SEA in terms of easy pussy. The streets unfortunately are not "paved in pussy". That said, it's not bad like India. Bulgarian women are interested in foreigners, and they are good looking with nice bodies.

yeah, if you think you are going to stroll in and have girls throwing themselves at you you are crazy. you still need to work, and SNL's are difficult to obtain, but if you are going to be there for a couple weeks or more and put in some effort you can do really well.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-03-2011 08:40 PM)The Duke Wrote:  

No kidding. That's why a detailed report would be helpful to the forum.

There is a lot of shallow info in this thread. Lame.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Sorry LuckStar, I only spent a few nights out in Bulgaria. There's not much more detail I can give you. I made out with a girl from Greece. I wasted a couple nights on a cute Bulgarian chick who I later learned had a boyfriend. I get the sense that if your goal is a hot girlfriend/wife, Bulgaria might not be a bad option, if you have time and patience. Bulgaria is a lot like its neighbor Serbia, although Serbia has a slightly better nightlife.

I think I'm going to check out either the Ukraine or Poland next. Although I know these places aren't like Peru/SEA either, I hope they are easier than Bulgaria/Serbia.

One more thing: my Bulgarian friend tells me the beach in the Summer is awesome in that there are lots of beautiful young girls at the Black Sea beach, some of which are topless -- as Lumiere points out, the girls in Bulgaria have nice racks.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

i did a field report a while back on Sofia, Bulgaria. Search for it if you have an interest.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-04-2011 09:21 PM)Brian Wrote:  

i did a field report a while back on Sofia, Bulgaria. Search for it if you have an interest.

Thanks for that, Brian. I'll definitely take a look.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Quote: (06-04-2011 08:27 PM)The Duke Wrote:  

Sorry LuckStar, I only spent a few nights out in Bulgaria. There's not much more detail I can give you. I made out with a girl from Greece. I wasted a couple nights on a cute Bulgarian chick who I later learned had a boyfriend. I get the sense that if your goal is a hot girlfriend/wife, Bulgaria might not be a bad option, if you have time and patience. Bulgaria is a lot like its neighbor Serbia, although Serbia has a slightly better nightlife.

I think I'm going to check out either the Ukraine or Poland next. Although I know these places aren't like Peru/SEA either, I hope they are easier than Bulgaria/Serbia.

One more thing: my Bulgarian friend tells me the beach in the Summer is awesome in that there are lots of beautiful young girls at the Black Sea beach, some of which are topless -- as Lumiere points out, the girls in Bulgaria have nice racks.

Ya, it definitely seems as thought you need a little more time in Bulgaria/Serbia to do damage. Sounds like they aren't easy, but they aren't hard - just have to meet up with the 2,3 times. Correct me if my impression is wrong.

There's one forum member who use to live in Bulgaria, who said its nightlife is typically substandard - too branched out, sausage fest, girls going for muscleheads etc. Just wanted to hear other perspectives.