rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

a diet experiment: 100g of carbs a day

So I am a guy who has been training for a long time (lifting 14 years). Unfortunately I have always been a chunky muscly guy. I decided one of my goals for the new year would be too become lean and muscular (obviously the ideal physique).

To attempt this, I am going to eat 100g of carbs a day. This is not quite a ketogenic diet but something close to it.

My initial thought is that by reducing carb levels, while continuing training will result in a loss of weight and body fat, creating a lean and muscular physique.

I think when you consider diet, it is worthwhile to develop a good physique, but if you eat poorly it can affect the rest of your life... low energy levels, or even make you stupid. I think too low carbs (keto diet) actually makes you dim witted and so does too few fats.

So it's important to have a good diet while also achieving your training goals.

I'll keep you guys updated.

So, a 100g of carbs but what about your other macros? How is your training like? Lifts? How tall are you and how much do you weigh? What's your body fat, roughly?

About the low carb/keto diets - physiologically, the body only needs 8 necessary amino acids, a small quantity of ALA and LA to survive, provided you're at energy balance. So thankfully, the dim-wittedness isn't a problem on Keto diets or low carbs diets.

Good luck with your goals!

What I've found to be true for me looks like this chart right here.

I don't care if it's scientific, it's an easy way for me to cut or bulk without having to go through all the rigmarole of counting out macros. I simply eat as many carbs as the chart tells me depending on what I'm doing, then the rest as meat products until I'm satiated.

[Image: Picture2.png]

Ketogenic is a lot lower than 100 g of carbs a day. It's closer to 30 or less. That's like an 8 oz glass of Dr. Pepper and then the rest of your meals are two pounds of bacon and a dozen eggs.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.