rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cold's Approach Thread

Cold's Approach Thread

Background Info
Hey, I'm Cold, possibly the forum boards youngest member at 16. I currently reside in the UK but originally I'm from Southern Africa.

A main reason for me learning game is because I recently had heavy "oneitis" for a girl and not until recently did I find out that I had completely given her my balls. Another reason is, that I had embarked on a quest for self improvement, I joined the gym to develop my body, I read more books and had deep discussions with anything that had a pulse (except for animals, I'm not insane); a skill that I am severely lacking is my ability to pick up girls outside of my social circle.

I had originally wrote a much bigger paragraph for the "Background info" but my laptop gave out [Image: cry.gif] So this time I'll jump straight in with the approaches and edit this later.
Game Level: Beginner

27/12/2014

It was 2 days after christmas when I woke up and thought to myself "I need to get laid". I arranged a meeting with my friend of the same age( from an Eastern European country) and asked him to come out and day game with me at the mall. I put on a new T-Shirt and dressed up pretty well, I'd found my style and it look good. I left the house with no jacket and like an idiot I thought the UK weather would brighten up. On my way to pick him up I received strong IOI's from a extremely attractive mixed chick but I pussed out on the approach. We arrived at the mall and began looking.

Approach Number 1
I saw two girls walking past me in the mall, they were both semi-caked in make-up
One was blonde blue eyed, around 5'5 and slightly pale the other one was a brunette of the same height, brown-eyed and vampire pale. She wore a choker.

B=Brunette, Blo=Blond

Me: Excuse me,
*they notice, but don't think im talking to them*
Me: Excuse me
*They stop*
Me: Hey, Do you girls know where the shisha pen store is ? ( my friend needed to find one, so I opened with this)
Blo: I think there's one downstairs if you look around the mall
B: *nods*
Me: Woah you guys sound southern, are you from the south ?
*They laugh*
Blo: No we're from here* still laughing*
*They begin walking away*
Me: Whereabouts ? *I smile*
Blo: ******
Me: wow, are you sure ?
Blo: Yeah we're from ******
B: *Laughs*
*They begin to walk away again, I leave it that time*

I got a more attention from the blonde but I hesitated so I didn't close.

Approach Number 2
Still in the mall, I see a cute brunette around 5'7 waiting outside a popular store looking at her phone.
Me: Hey, excuse me ?
Her: Oh hey
Me: Do you know where the Tikki lounge is ? ( I got this from simple pick up)
Her: I think its at the top floor * she proceeds to point up and swirls her finger around* I'm sure I've heard of it....
Me: Yeah, I'm not even sure there is a Tikki lounge, or if it exists, I just thought you were really cute and decided to come talk to you
Her: *She smiles* Oh thank you !
* Her phone rings, she answers*
Her: Its my mum sorry
Me: *I wait*
*She walks around me, and goes back to her original spot in front of me*
Me: What are you doing here today ? *I smile*
Her: I'm just shopping
Me: With your mum ? * I laugh*
Her: Yeah shopping with the fam, why what are you doing ?
Me: Shopping with my brother *I jokingly point to my Czech friend behind me*.
Me: Whats your name ?
Her: Jenna or Joanna, whats yours ? *She doesn't have two names, she was a little quiet so it could have been either one* *Also she showed interest so I take this as a good sign*
Me: Cold, how old are you ?
Joanna: 17...
Me: Woah...
Joanna: what ?
Me: I'm 16 ! you sound southern where are you from ?
Joanna: *She smiles* I'm not, im from ******
Me: Where ?
Joanna: ******
Me: Oh, I'm from Scotland *This was a joke*, can you hear it ?
Joanna: no,not really
Me: * I ramble about Scotland*
Me: Whats your number ?
Joanna: Oh I have a boyfriend
*I failed this shit test
Me: It was nice talking to you anyway, see you * I smile*
Joanna: Bye * She waves*

That's pretty much it. I noticed the girls responded positively to me saying they sounded southern.Overall, I think I should have been more persistent. Any advice or criticisms from the forum is appreciated

-Cold

Cold's Approach Thread

You're off to a good start. I'm tempted to say read Day Bang first, which is counterintuitive, but since you're not old enough to go to bars and clubs, most of the advice in Bang won't be practical for you.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot that you can still learn from Bang, like conversation threads and themes, dealing with cockblocks and so on, but for the most part, the advice is centered around nightlife venues. I think you'll get the most bang for your buck if you read Day Bang first.

Good luck. Keep the thread updated.

Cold's Approach Thread

Quote: (12-29-2014 05:24 PM)game_ethic Wrote:  

You're off to a good start. I'm tempted to say read Day Bang first, which is counterintuitive, but since you're not old enough to go to bars and clubs, most of the advice in Bang won't be practical for you.

Well fortunately for this chap he's in Great Britain, so he only has two years to go before he can put Bang to good use.

Cold's Approach Thread

Thanks guys, I'm halfway through Day Bang now and the "elderly opener" and galnuc seemed so genius to me. It's a little clearer now to see where I was going wrong.

Cold's Approach Thread

ok, so its been a while because I went through a load of exams. Recently, I've been going out almost everyday of the week mainly to game girls. I received plenty of IOIs but wussed out due to anxiety.

I went to the opticians to sort out my eyes. They (for a reason unknown) go red and watery sometimes, you would literally not believe how many times i've heard "dude did you just take a smoke a joint ?" or "did you just take a hit ?". I felt this was making it difficult to game as my eyes felt strained constantly, so I go to the doctors, they give me drops and it makes the problem FUCKING WORSE, now I can't even stare at bright lights. I took this as a sign from god that I should approach regardless

Approach Number 3
I see a brunette in glasses shes pretty cute, she's about 5'3 and around mid to early twenties. So I'm walking down the mall to the exit and I open.
"Excuse me, is that a river island jacket ?", she says no and talks about how its old, I use the "I'm looking for a birthday present for my little sister" (line credit to sensei creation). She asks what type she wants, she tries to eject but I stop her
she responds specifically: "Is she looking for a kimono type?",
Me: (this question fazes me) eh, er, a normal jacket, like yours
( I try to remember roosh's serious face when elderly approaching but my eyes were so sensitive I was squinting)
Me: Aren't kimonos usually long *I gesture*
Her: You may be able to find a jacket there *points to river island*
she ejects I say thanks.

any tips on how to stop her from ejecting or should I have just carried on rambling about the texture, colour, and size of the jacket ?

Cold's Approach Thread

Its been a long while since I posted mainly due to being preoccupied with school. So I think it would be a good idea to restart:

Before I went into the centre of the city I decided to speak to other people including guys in order to place myself in a social mood. I've recently been reading the book "What Every Body is Saying : An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-reading People" , It has been quite helpful when speaking to others, particularly the section on looking at the feet of an individual to see if they want to eject from the conversation or if there was a specific place they wanted to go. An example I can think of was when talking to the owner of a fitness store, I asked him about different supplements and parts of the fitness industry, and although his torso was pointed towards me his feet were pointed to the till he was supposed to be working at.

Approach 1:

I saw a girl with piercings, she was blonde , hair tied back and looked like she was in her early twenties:
Her: continues to walk
Her: Stops
Me: do you know where the nike store is ?
I then ask her if im thinking of the Adidas store, the approach was short due to me not being able to move it on. I thanked her for her help and left.

From this approach she seemed really focused on helping and had strong eye contact. But I was not sure if this was just part of her wanting to help. She had a strong knowledge of the city though. I'd say to improve my approach I could have tried to make it longer.

Approach 2:
Blonde, glasses, and about 5'4 ish she was quite attractive.
Me Excuse me,
Her: (Seems like she is going keep walking, then stops)
Me: Do you know where I could find some sunglasses (this was genuine)
Her: I don't know, have you tried -popular store- and -other popular store-
Me: I tell her yes, but im looking good quality ones.
Her: You should try at those stores

I leave after telling her she sounds like shes from the south, she laughs then thanks me.
Positives :
- I actually stopped her
-Wasn't too nervous
Negatives:
-Interaction was too short
-left too early

Approach 3:

I see a girl working at a smoothie shop, she's looking down, and looks bored, she was attractive , and around 5'7 or 5'8 . I walk past it, then walk back. I remember that I applied to the place but did not get a response so I open with this.
Me: Hey hows it going ?
Her: Hi how are you ?
Me: I'm ok thanks, I was wondering about how I may be able apply for a job here, I applied last time and didn't get anything, is there an interview process ?
She tells me about how she kinda "knows the boss" or maybe she said "shes not the boss" the music was too loud. She then turned it down. We talk a bit about the job application process. Then I ask if she's half German.
Me: Are you half German ?
Her: No, I am from an EE country

Me: Well when I was in South Africa when I was younger I met a few German people that had a similar facial structure to you. She squints her eyes.
I meant to say "dutch" but it was too late. She tells me she isnt German.
But says her country is very close to Germany so this may be why she looks similar.

I ask her how old she is, she laughs and tells me to guess( Im usually quite good at guessing ages) , I try to get clues by asking if she knows an artist really popular with the the under 25 crowd , she then begins talking about how art is not just limited to music, I agree. I say that making a smoothie can be an art if its a good one, then point around. She semi agrees. I guess 23, she thanks me and says one year older. We ramble for a bit, I avoid telling her my age as Im quite young. We talk about art, then jazz, we seem to have a lot in common. I refrain from giving away personal info. We talk about places to eat etc. Her colleague arrives and Im thinking she'll try to ck block, but she just smiles. Some customers arrive and I drop this:
You seem really cool we should exchanges numbers, she tells me to come next week, then offers fb, I tell her I dont use fb that often, she asks if im lying. She reluctantly gives me her number.

Positives:
-Applied some parts of Galnuc,
-Long conversation
-Good eye contact
-Not affected by outcome

Negatives/Improvements:
-I did not give out information about myself, meaning I may not have formed a deep enough connection.
-Voice was too low/quiet, she had to turn down music.
-Should have made plans afterwards.

Is there any advice anyone could give on the last one ? was I too persistent for the number?

thanks

-Cold

Cold's Approach Thread

Approach Number 4

For some reason I struggle to open. Today I talked to a few different people but only one real approach. I see an attractive tall dark blonde girl, I approach and I start with this elderly opener:
"Hey is that a good Michael Kors bag ?", she responds no its a regular Xshop one, I start rambling about how I need a durable bag for someone as a gift and if it is good, she says it is, and starts to leave but I continue, then her whole body turns to me, I ask her where I can get a bag like this she says a really expensive shopping mall and points to its direction where she is walking, I felt as though I could have carried on the interaction but it fizzled out.

- I read more of Day Bang and realised to not go into "GALNUC" so quick. I haven't finished "Day Bang" yet, but I know now that it is a closer.

I'll go again tomorrow, I want to mainly work on:
-My rambling
-Closing game
-Lowering fear of approaching

I think my problem is I look for too many IOIs, when I approach without an ioi it goes ok too. I guess I also feared people seeing me get rejected, but then I thought to myself what if I saw an extremely confident guy get reject, would I feel sorry for him ? no !, I'd probably think he wouldn't be effected too much. So I'm going to try being like that more.

Cold's Approach Thread

I commend your confidence on going for it, especially at such a young age. That takes guts. That said; it seems like you're not getting much from indirect game. If these girls are giving you IOIs, what's stopping you from running a more direct style of game?

Cold's Approach Thread

01/07/2017

Approach 5

I decided to sit down after roaming the mall like a hound, and see an attractive girl with jaw length brown hair and green eyes, sitting on the bench opposite to me on her phone. I feel a little nervous but open her anyway by talking about her phone and asking if it was a new model. She tells me she's from Italy and doesn't know too much about the phones here, I drop some bait about travelling to Northern Europe and Southern Africa but she isn't biting, then ramble about the suitability of the phone. The mistake I made was not being loud enough, she had to stand up and bend over to hear, I think I should have just sat next to her as I could see how she didn't want to keep standing. There were slight gaps in the conversation eventually she just moves away and I eject shortly afterwards.

I may begin going more direct, and closing sooner.

Cold's Approach Thread

Quote: (06-29-2017 09:31 PM)Investment Bro Wrote:  

I commend your confidence on going for it, especially at such a young age. That takes guts. That said; it seems like you're not getting much from indirect game. If these girls are giving you IOIs, what's stopping you from running a more direct style of game?

Thank you for the comment man, I meant that I look for IOIs which leads to me not approach much until I decide "screw it" let me just approach anyway. I think I may need to go direct more.

Cold's Approach Thread

05/07/2017

Approach 6

I am starting to realise I may have an inner game problem, I got a couple of IOIs but could not do it, I find it ok to approach in general if its for something like directions etc but when it comes to actually gaming the girl, I feel a little hesitant. I see a blonde girl no iois, then approach her I say "excuse me" , she continues walking away and then I messed up by signalling her to stay, she just turns round and says "No" and walks away. I think my body language was definitely off and I should have just dropped the opener more quickly.

I think I will try looking at ways to improve my inner game. I'm still split between going direct or indirect during the day.