rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

okcupid profile critique

okcupid profile critique

I’d greatly appreciate it if you guys could critique my okcupid profile. I don’t want to post a link to it for privacy reasons, so I’ll just copy and paste the profile.

Here is my profile:

My self-summary
Hi there. I grew up in [southern state] (but I don’t have a southern accent), went to college in [state], and now I’m working in [state]. I’m working in drug development blah blah this sounds like a cover letter. Yeah, I suck at writing cover letters.

My Myers-Briggs type is "oh, this looks interesting...wait, how long is this thing!?"

What I’m doing with my life
Stuff.

I’m really good at
Doing impersonations (especially Irish).

The first things people usually notice about me
Can I see your tattoos?
When did you get them done?
Where did you get them done?
How much did they cost?
How long did it take?
What do they mean?
Did it hurt?

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Music: Mainly indie rock, indie pop, electronica and punk.

Movies: I like all kinds of genres, but my favorite is horror. I also really like sci-fi.

TV shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire, Homeland, Key and Peele and more.

Food: Human flesh. I'm up for anything.

The six things I could never do without
Food…water…look at this wit!

I spend a lot of time thinking about
The inevitable zombie apocalypse.

On a typical Friday night I am
Robbing a bank.

You should message me if
You promise not to chop me up in your basement.

---

In the pictures section, it has a bunch of pictures of me alone taken by someone else. One of them is a cropped picture of me drinking beer with some people and another is a cropped picture of me playing pool with some people (cropped as in it only shows me). The others are just me alone, but not in a social setting. Some of my pictures show my tattoos (I have 2 sleeve tattoos). I’m a very introverted person, so I don’t have any pictures of me doing anything interesting or exciting. That’s part of the reason why I don’t say too much about my life in my profile.

okcupid profile critique

you need good photos first and foremost. i'd suggest reading the 'how to get laid on okcupid like a boss' thread. honestly, you may likely have bigger problems when you say you have nothing interesting or exciting going on in your life.

Make some interesting things in your life happen. Be a more interesting person and dating, and even online dating gets a lot easier.

okcupid profile critique

I personally created a BS profile when I was drunk one night. It was filled with outrageous stories and it has gotten me a ton of messages. Just uploaded a boss picture that has increased messages and the quality of women sending them. Treat the profile as a joke.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

okcupid profile critique

Agreed, photos are paramount.

Also, I agree with this thread:
Did dating apps kill traditional online dating?

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

okcupid profile critique

Only answer the questions about sex/relationships.

Then use the match percentage to screen for girls who are down to fuck and/or like sex a lot.

You'll find lots of girls are in to rough sex, being tied up, etc.

I did not think of this approach to using okcupid, I forget where I read it.

okcupid profile critique

Quote: (12-22-2014 11:57 AM)h5757 Wrote:  

The six things I could never do without
Food…water…look at this wit!

I spend a lot of time thinking about
The inevitable zombie apocalypse.

Women on OkCupid make these two jokes all the fucking time. You're making jokes that women tell because they have nothing interesting to say. Think about that and erase both immediately.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West