rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Whenever you finish a book, post it here

We have a thread for what we are currently reading, but this will help us track our reading habits and see how many books we actually finish (as in the first page to the last page) in 2015 and beyond. For your first post the most recent book that you finished is acceptable. Mine:

"Day Bang: How To Casually Pick Up Girls During The Day" by Roosh V

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

"Into thin air" by Jon Krakauer

A recollection of the events that transpired to kill 12 people on MtEverest in 1996.
A quick and exciting read. A real cliff hanger, if you will.

Journey to the end of the night. A book about the hipocracy and idiocy of society

Bang by Roosh

Just finished "Blindsight" by Peter Watts. I only heard of it because of Douglas' review of its sequel "Echopraxia" on ROK:

http://www.returnofkings.com/44032/echop...tion-novel

Just finished 48 laws of power as an audio book.
Entertaining and interesting and useful.

Loved it, especially the historical examples.

Just finished reading Quiet by Susan Cain.

I'll post a review soon.

If you post in this thread, you're doing better than half of the men around you. Men aren't reading much.

Last year, 48% of men had not read a fiction book and 42% had not read a nonfiction book. Only 45% of men read at least one book in 2012.

Does anyone else use Pocket? I save a ton of articles and read them when I'm on a train, waiting in line, or atop the porcelain throne. I was surprised I'd read so many articles this year and a little weirded out to see my reading habits tracked. Not that I was surprised. Great app though.

[Image: bdAPHN2l.png]

Quote: (12-22-2014 06:24 AM)Lucky Wrote:  

Last year, 48% of men had not read a fiction book and 42% had not read a nonfiction book. Only 45% of men read at least one book in 2012.

That is seriously pathetic.

- Kanye Omari West

The War of Art by Steven Pressfield

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

The author's name is a mouthful but this has got to be one of the best books I've ever read.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Dupe:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-37248.html

Mastery by Robert Greene

Quote: (12-22-2014 12:17 PM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

Dupe:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-37248.html

They're different topics and deserve seperate threads. People can post reviews here if they want, but the main purpose is simply keeping a record. There's no commitment here aside from posting the title and author. That topic died because it demanded too much.

- Kanye Omari West

The Manipulated Man.

Man, did this help me to unplug! I've been on the red pill for the past 3-4 years and it wasn't until reading this that I realized how much of the feminine conditioning I've kept in my head.

Ironically, a woman wrote this.

Quote: (12-23-2014 06:54 AM)Teekay Wrote:  

The Manipulated Man.

Man, did this help me to unplug! I've been on the red pill for the past 3-4 years and it wasn't until reading this that I realized how much of the feminine conditioning I've kept in my head.

Ironically, a woman wrote this.

I'm going to order that book.

Scientific Advertising-Claude Hopkins

Tested Adversiting Methods.

Both get into the real reasons that motivate people to buy; simple reason but often-overlooked. Every entrepreneur should read them both.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

These books I've recently finished

[Image: 51ZdpVn1ihL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

[Image: 51wcTOtOx1L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Just finished "Requiem for a Vagabond" by EnglishTeacher X.

It was a solid read. It mainly focuses on his stay in the Middle East where he's been teaching since Vodkaberg. There's less hedonism and debauchery than his older books, but still a healthy amount.

Forney wrote a review on his site which actually led me to the book.
http://mattforney.com/2014/12/16/requiem...teacher-x/

[Image: requiem-for-a-vagabond-200x300.jpg]

And for those who've read ETX can anyone recommend some similar reads? I saw this old thread, but I've read everything in it that I'm interested in.

I really like books like this to break up the more "serious" ones.

On Guerilla Warfare by Mao Zedong

In Defense of Women by HL Mencken

A very great read about gender politics with lots of red pill nuggets of wisdom scattered throughout the book. A short read (less than 80 pages) and lots of truths identified back then (1918) which are applicable to now.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

-

Zero to One by Peter Thiel

Traction: a startup's guide to getting customers

A Billionaire Dinosaur Forced Me Gay

Quote: (12-26-2014 11:36 AM)YMG Wrote:  

-

wtf?
[Image: laugh3.gif]
so you read a gay literotica novel about sex with dinosaurs?

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (12-26-2014 11:40 AM)The Reactionary Tree Wrote:  

Quote: (12-26-2014 11:36 AM)YMG Wrote:  

-

wtf?
[Image: laugh3.gif]
so you read a gay literotica novel about sex with dinosaurs?

Just testing to see if anyone is actually reading this thread or just posting their recently read books [Image: biggrin.gif]

-

Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton: A Biography Paperback
by Edward Rice

One of the greatest men to have lived in recent centuries and my all-time personal hero.

[Image: captain-sir-richard-francis-burton-a-bio...1411835342]

British explorer, diplomat, covert agent, Arabist, speaker of 29 languages, and translator of sacred Indian sex texts into English. Among his exploits are completing the Hajj to Mecca in disguise, discovering the source of the Nile, and reaching previously uncharted territory in India, Arabia, and the East of Africa. Highly worth looking into.

Trust Me I'm Lying by Ryan Holiday

He strikes me as a smarmy little shit from his writing but this was a real eye opener about what goes on behind the scenes of Internet media. Made me much more skeptical about the state of modern journalism and convinced me to read the news less often.

The Search for the Real Self by James Masterson

I have a knack for getting involved with BPD girls and a counselor I know recommended this to help me better identify and understand people suffering from Cluster B personality disorders like narcissism and BPD. The book uses primarily Freudian concepts as well as Bowlby's attachment style theory (which is were AnonymousBosch's frequently mentioned avoidant/dismissive attachment style originates) to explain that personality disorders arise when people fail to properly pass through developmental stages. This stunted development leaves them as "false selfs" that use primitive coping mechanisms like clinging, avoidance, denial, projection, and acting out to protect themselves from feelings of abandonment and rejection that may arise when they try to individuate into a "real self" that has agency and is more effective at coping with reality. It's worth a read if you're interested at all in this field of study.

And the Sea Will Tell by Vincent Bugliosi

Charles Manson's prosecutor writes about a defense trial he did regarding a double murder on a remote island on the South Pacific. It's a fascinating story and offers good insight into the nuts and bolts of the trial process. It drags on towards the end but it's a good read nevertheless.

What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro

Former FBI agent discusses how to read and interpret body language using current research as well as personal anecdotes. So far it's helped me figure out which of my relatives don't like me, diagnose how conversations are going, and correct my own body language. Worth the read.

“Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul. You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope as old as your despair." - Douglas MacArthur