rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How long should I wait to lift after cramps?

A couple days ago I had some issues with cramping. I'm a fiend for lifting weights, I love the feeling of a higher testosterone level from a solid routine.

Anyway, is there a time frame I should abide by or is this a question for my doctor?

Until your menstrual cycle ends.

Just hydrate better and lift the next day as long as you didn't pull anything. If it's just cramps you should be fine.

Are you drinking enough water?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-16-2014 02:40 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

A couple days ago I had some issues with cramping. I'm a fiend for lifting weights, I love the feeling of a higher testosterone level from a solid routine.

Anyway, is there a time frame I should abide by or is this a question for my doctor?

Please elaborate on your cramps?

I had some minor cramping in my legs from dehydration, not to the point they gave out though.

How often does it cramp? Were you squatting or deadlifting when this happened? Which part of your leg?

It was the calves, I wasn't lifting at the time. I was pretty dehydrated, they've been gone a couple days now.

Get yourself a foam roller if you haven't already. Prop the foam roller up on a table and roll your calves while sitting down.

My motto has always been to plow through workouts if the pain is bearable. But exercise discretion of course.

I think your problem was clearly the dehydration.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

^Yes, I'm fine now. Thanks for the replies.