rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Driving aggressively

Driving aggressively

Some of us, myself included drive very agressively.

I'm talking about speeding, changing lanes very often, tailgating, honking at incompetent drivers, racing other drivers on the expressway etc.

Are you one of them? Would you ever change if you could?

Driving aggressively

It depends what mood I am in.

Driving aggressively

I did while I was young and nearly wrecked a few times. Now, I'm just never in that much of a hurry.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Driving aggressively

When drivers don't switch off their extra lights pisses me off royally.
When I'm driving on a dark road it means that I can't see shit.

Last week there were one driver in the opposite lane who refused to switch them off, I got so pissed off so I turned over to his lane driving straight towards him like in a old school chicken race and blinking with my extra lights on and off.

At last that asshole got the point.

Sometimes I'm also tempted to ram unreal slow drivers and push them right into the ditch.
That's where they belong when they are in my way and driving way below the speed limit.

Driving aggressively

I've always said that the way a person drives is a reflection of their personality.

Driving aggressively

I try to drive my bimmer like this guy as often as I can

can't stand slow drivers and people that are generally oblivious to whats going on around them.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Driving aggressively

I strongly dislike it when people use the left lane and drive at/below the speed limit.

Or when they try to cut you off without using their signals.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-16-2014 08:06 AM)Agreddor Wrote:  

Some of us, myself included drive very agressively.

I'm talking about speeding, changing lanes very often, tailgating, honking at incompetent drivers, racing other drivers on the expressway etc.

Looking at this list, wouldn't you be one of these incompetent drivers?

Driving aggressively

Heres a story. I was fifteen riding in the backseat of an alpha but overly aggressive father of one of my friends. He was a massive man, and even at fifty extremely athletic and powerful. As is the culture here in the south, he drove a massive expensive truck and one day was behind another large man in a nice car in traffic. The man in front started messing with my friends dad, who after the guy slammed on breaks a few times, while at a stoplight hopped out and smashedd his hand through the guys window. Took out his insurance card as the guy sat bewildered in fear and shock, tossed it in flicked him off and sat in his car. Neither the man nor police pressed charges because of his connections or something and it was in a small town his family had legacy in but still. Thats my main motive for never fucking with people on the road,, both my safety and others, people are fucking nuts.

Driving aggressively

I much prefer the 'aggressive' style of driving that you'll find in Sicily, Indonesia, or Argentina among other places to the incompetence of drivers in the US. Driving below the speed limit in the left lane, creating traffic jams and wrecks, is one of the worst offenses in my book. Drivers in the US generally think they are all above average drivers and fail to consider the effects of their incompetence on other drivers. Driving in Palermo, Sicily is maddening, but at least you know what each other driver wants to do and where they're trying to get to. In the US I often have no idea what other people are doing. Also the US has way too many old people driving cars, unlike anywhere else I've been. People over 70 should have to pass an annual test in order to drive a motor vehicle.

Japan is an example of an extremely orderly driving culture that works fantastically well. Of course driving aggressively is way more fun though.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Driving aggressively

I'm very aggressive as a driver. Of course, in LA, you have to be.

If you want to change, I find listening to podcasts and audiobooks versus music really slows me down and puts me in a chill mode.

Driving aggressively

Drive a Prius

Driving aggressively

Not really, I'm one of those that find a way around the queues of traffic though, cutting in where necessary.

As far as I' concerned, I've no idea who is in the car in front, or what it takes for them to get out of the car, so I usually just leave it.

Worth considering though, using your horn in the UK is considered very rude, aggressive and provocative and something you only do when someone has fucked up severely.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-16-2014 01:56 PM)thirty-six Wrote:  

I've always said that the way a person drives is a reflection of their personality.

I agree with thirty six. I have even thought about using driving as part of an interview process to see how someone behaves/communicates via a vehicle by suggesting we step out and go to a coffee shop to interview in and then observe how the candidate drives and behaves while reacting to other stimuli they are not in control of (not knowing directions well, other drivers' sharing the road, road/weather conditions).

When I was younger I was an extremely aggressive and angry driver. I have thrown CDs at cars following too closely, tailgated slow drivers for miles all the way to their residential neighborhoods just to fuck with them, and once followed a guy who turned directly in front of me when I was in the car with my girlfriend at the time, legitimately putting us in danger, cornered his car in a parking lot, punched his window and then told him to "watch what the fuck he was doing." He just sat there like he shit himself.

I have calmed down driving-wise and that landing period coincided with my realization that everybody has a million things going on in their life and the majority were not driving like assholes on purpose. Getting angry and having elevated blood pressure and whatever else was infinitely more damaging to my own health than shrugging it off and laughing would be. Now I see people drive like I used to and just chuckle and express gratitude.

Not saying I drive like a pussy now, but am assertive rather than aggressive.

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-16-2014 02:32 PM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

can't stand slow drivers and people that are generally oblivious to whats going on around them.

If you drive like this you are a fucking piece of shit. I've already lost 2 of my friends driving motorbikes because someone decided to pull out in front of them.

According to the youtube comments the guy driving is dead, so I guess Karma exists afterall.

Driving aggressively

Bikers are the biggest assholes when it comes to driving.

They hog the streets/highway.
They taunt other drivers.
They do stunts while others are around them.
They won't shut up.

A while back some rice rocket bikers were taunting this dude, the driver could not brake on time and rear ended the biker, biker did not survive.

Not one tear was shed for the biker.

Edit: Oh, but I do remember the bikers saying how the guy was innocent and was not taunting the minivan driver. How people were "out to get" them, and such. This was despite youtube videos of them doing stunts on the I-35.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-16-2014 08:15 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Bikers are the biggest assholes when it comes to driving.

They hog the streets/highway.
They taunt other drivers.
They do stunts while others are around them.
They won't shut up.

A while back some rice rocket bikers were taunting this dude, the driver could not brake on time and rear ended the biker, biker did not survive.

Not one tear was shed for the biker.

Edit: Oh, but I do remember the bikers saying how the guy was innocent and was not taunting the minivan driver. How people were "out to get" them, and such. This was despite youtube videos of them doing stunts on the I-35.

I know exactly which video you are talking about. Believe me, I hate those guys more than you do. Public roads are just not a place to do street racing. No matter if you are on a bike or in a car. (Except if people race in a bike the only people they kill are themselves so it isn't as dangerous.)

Driving aggressively

Driving aggressively is a bad idea. The most aggressive I get is cranking up the tunes and jamming out like an idiot. No reason to be a hazard to others by switching lanes without signaling etc...

Plus, as other have said, you don't want to mess with the wrong person. Road rage is real:

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-16-2014 08:10 PM)Tresdus Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2014 02:32 PM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

If you drive like this you are a fucking piece of shit. I've already lost 2 of my friends driving motorbikes because someone decided to pull out in front of them.

According to the youtube comments the guy driving is dead, so I guess Karma exists afterall.

Yea he died in the passenger's seat of a car accident. And nah I don't drive exactly like that but drifting is damn fun.

"I've already lost 2 of my friends driving motorbikes because someone decided to pull out in front of them."
Good for you, I'll drive my car as I please just like your friends drove their bikes as they pleased.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Driving aggressively

What makes me mad:

I am in the highway, in the right late. The car in front of me goes 100 km/h and the car passing them to the left is going 101 km/h. I switch to the left, waiting about 1 minute to finish passing that car. The 101 km/h car stays in the left lane in front of me. After a while, they get tired, switch to the right lane, and start goingm 119 km/h while my cruise control is set at 120 km/h. Result, I either have to slow down (which I won't), or pass them very quick to the left. And when I pass them and come back on the right, they ossiliate between 119 and 122 just to piss me off.

</rage>

Driving aggressively

Considering that death in some type of vehicular accident is the most likely way to die outside of health-related causes, it's really not worth it.

Learn to control your emotions.

Or if you just drive "aggressively" all the time, learn not to be an asshole.

We all die eventually, but do you really want your time to be the result of you spazzing out for a few seconds because some guy wouldn't get out of the slow lane? Maybe no one will ever know the truth and you won't receive a Darwin Award, but still...

If there's one place in this world you ought to focus on developing patience, it's behind the wheel of a car.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-16-2014 03:34 PM)Black Quixote Wrote:  

Heres a story. I was fifteen riding in the backseat of an alpha but overly aggressive father of one of my friends. He was a massive man, and even at fifty extremely athletic and powerful. As is the culture here in the south, he drove a massive expensive truck and one day was behind another large man in a nice car in traffic. The man in front started messing with my friends dad, who after the guy slammed on breaks a few times, while at a stoplight hopped out and smashedd his hand through the guys window. Took out his insurance card as the guy sat bewildered in fear and shock, tossed it in flicked him off and sat in his car. Neither the man nor police pressed charges because of his connections or something and it was in a small town his family had legacy in but still. Thats my main motive for never fucking with people on the road,, both my safety and others, people are fucking nuts.

In high school I remember one kid was cutting off drivers on purpose, someone followed him and when he stopped kicked through his window and right into his head...it was awesome.

Second, someone lost it on the way my sensei was driving, walked up to the car and grabbed his lapel through the window. He peeled his hand off into a wrist lock and rolled up his window, trapping the guys arm. He left it like that and asked the guy to apologize.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Driving aggressively

The aggressive asshole drivers are simply shit testing me. I maintain frame, most of the time. The cost/benefit of driving aggressively is simply not worth it to me.

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-16-2014 01:56 PM)thirty-six Wrote:  

Driving a vehicle is essentially an extension of yourself.

Driving aggressively

Quote: (12-17-2014 12:21 AM)alex3948 Wrote:  

What makes me mad:

I am in the highway, in the right late. The car in front of me goes 100 km/h and the car passing them to the left is going 101 km/h. I switch to the left, waiting about 1 minute to finish passing that car. The 101 km/h car stays in the left lane in front of me. After a while, they get tired, switch to the right lane, and start goingm 119 km/h while my cruise control is set at 120 km/h. Result, I either have to slow down (which I won't), or pass them very quick to the left. And when I pass them and come back on the right, they ossiliate between 119 and 122 just to piss me off.

</rage>

Overtook a guy driving slowly on the right lane. This old geezer driving a Benz starts tailgating me, I ease up on the accelerator then slam my brakes. Heard the sound of his tires screeching and the look on his face was priceless.