rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Essential apps for gaming girls abroad

Hey all, didn't see a thread for this, so figured I'll kick start this. Here are some of the apps I found incredibly helpful for transitioning and boosting your success in other countries (of course, if there was a RooshV app, it'd be on this list). And please, feel free to add to this list with your own suggestions:

Travel

Skyscanner: Very good search engine for Europe because it includes search results from the discount airlines like Ryan Air and Wizz air.

BlaBlacar: Ride sharing site where drivers charge a fee. It's good for when trains or planes are too inconvenient or don't offer direct routes. Also can be faster too.

Accomodation

Airbnb:The travelers go-to tool for short term housing

Booking.com: Mostly for hotels and motels. Rates can sometimes be better than Airbnb, but be careful cause sometimes the listings can be sketchy. Read the reviews and rules carefully. I've had bad experiences.

Settling in

Google Maps: Essential for getting around and knowing where places are.

Google Translate: A life-saver all around. I've used it to order food, find products, have conversations with girls on dates, etc.

Swiftkey: I use it because you can quickly switch to a Russian language keyboard or another alphabet to allow them to communicate with you.

Tethering app: Data outside the US is much cheaper in the poorer countries mostly. I buy lots of data and sometimes tether whenever I'm in a place with no WiFi or when the one at the place I'm staying goes down, which happens more than you'd think! I use 1-Click Tether on Android.

Pipelining

Badoo:This is an obvious one, especially in Europe. Good for pipelining before arrival.

VK:Social network for Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other Russian speaking countries.

Tinder: Goes with saying.

GPS Spoofer: This goes hand-in-hand with Tinder and allows for finding matches in the region you plan to be in. Also good for getting a peak at the local talent of that particular country. I use fake GPS on android.

Couchsurfing: Good, but seems like they changed their search options. Have not used it in a while.

Messaging

Facebook messenger: Everyone uses it. Duh!

Whatsapp: Lots of people use this everywhere. Saves on texting.

Viber: This is also popular abroad it seems. Especially in Ukraine.

Online Notifier for Facebook: This one's super handy because it allows you to get notified when specific friends are available for chat. Facebook messenger doesn't allow you to do this and lumps everyone who's online together, which is annoying. With this, I can create a custom list of only girls in the current city I'm in. Trust me, it's a big help.

You can add a currency app like XE to the list, handy whether you're in a country or on the way there. Word Lens and a similar app got mentioned for translating foreign languages from signs, posters, menus etc. WeChat, Line and Kakao will be useful chat apps in a few Asian countries, maybe even Skype too.

There will be other more specific apps for each country worth getting too, whether it's metro maps or bus timetables.

Badoo/Blendr for Thailand. I originally installed Blendr (uses the same database as Badoo) last year, but it didn't really work for me in Bulgaria. But it's certainly been a lot more effective here in Thailand. Meeting the two girls I hooked up with for mini relationships that way, and had numerous other girls contact me (logistical problems in several cases, but met a few more).

Meanwhile on the much praised Thaifriendly website I could barely get responses, with a profile photo that's gotten a fair amount of positive attention in Europe.

Line for chat and calls in Thailand. I use Viber in Bulgaria (and overall it's my favorite chat app).

Quote:Quote:

Badoo:This is an obvious one, especially in Europe. Good for pipelining before arrival.

What? Badoo in Europe? Really?

I'm headed to Spain soon; I had read that Tinder wasn't very good there. I thought Badoo was an Asia thing. Have you actually used Badoo with success in Europe?

I recommend Maps.me app.

It is like Google Maps but probably faster, works offline (GPS) and has very detailed map information.

Plus it lets your set up Pins in the map. Useful for marking logistic locations or places for dates if you are new in town.

[Image: bVwOOcO1jm_bfvqtkUDEyyOl2PZ-ZLaxqzylW5Nt...X07XQ=w300]

[Image: mapswithme.jpg]

Quote: (12-16-2014 12:52 AM)dontuan Wrote:  

Facebook messenger: Everyone uses it. Duh!

Facebook is arse for adding girls you would like to have sex with. Just saying.

Great thread idea.

Someone I trust highly recommended SayHi translate. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet but Google translate has fucked up many Korean translations so I'm guessing it has for other languages as well.

Kakao for Korea.
Wechat for China
Line for Japan.

Skype is an obvious one and they also offer local numbers for a fee.
Also Uber.

I have all from your list. Here are some more.

Get here maps. You can download the maps before you go to the country, it works offline, and what I love the most is you can mark the locations on the map. I mark all the places I want to see, categorize night venues into salsa, karaoke or nightclub, and when I am out and roam around I can just look at the map and find the closest place. Saves me a lot of time. When you come back to the place you visited before, you have all marked on your map already.

Triposo, great for providing offline tourist information. You download country info in advance too.

Currency exchange app, also find the one that works offline too.

Instagram. Read fisto's instagram datasheet. If you have cool lifestyle and travel a lot share the pictures, use in combination with your tinder to build up proof and show high value.

In Asia get LINE for messaging. Especially in Thailand.

Download Uber and grab taxi for transportation.

Another dating apps relative to location: Happn, Skout and Mamba.