rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Capitals, empires and hot women

its a given that the capital of any country naturally attracts money and beautiful women

from my experience, historical capitals often (though not always) have better looking women.

for example, in Korea, the best looking women are often said to be in the Daegu area, which was where the old capital used to be. In China, a disproportionate number of beauties are to be found in the old cultural centers around Suzhou and Hangzhou.

I also found that the most attractive Nordics are in Stockholm and Copenhagen, rather than Helsinki or Oslo. Not coincidentally, the former two were capitals of empires and the latter two weren't

The problem with this particular theory however, is that women in Athens are really unattractive. Istanbul is meh. Lisbon and Madrid surprisingly disappointing

Yes, a city being the capital of any country has a moderate correlation with talent across countries.

However, as you noted, it's not so much being the capital per se as much as it is the association with wealth, status, opportunities, and a high population count.

For instance, the capital of the United States is... Washington DC. So there's a counter-example.

Funny thing is, whether it be a country or state capital, I get talent hot-spots conflated with the actual capitals now, although 5th-grade-me had capital-trivia down-pat.

Like my intuition would tell me the capital of Arizona is Scottsdale, Florida - Tampa Bay, Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh, Canada - Montreal, etc.

I suppose talent hot-spots are the de facto capitals, anyway.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (12-14-2014 11:43 PM)Swordfish Wrote:  

its a given that the capital of any country naturally attracts money and beautiful women

from my experience, historical capitals often (though not always) have better looking women.

Personal experience may vary but I think as a rule of thumb, capital cities are better for jobs, business and professional lives in general.

I don't have any statistics but I'm pretty sure it's usually mainly men who leave the countryside/small cities to move to the capitals in search for better opportunities.

Warsaw in Poland is a great example, the general consensus is that it's the richest city in the country but it is also a sausagefest and attitudes at night are bad. On the contrary, smaller student cities are better for girls.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского