rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls stretching or bending over in front of you at the gym ??

I've had this happen a lot since i hit 9 % bf.

Girls doing leg curls or whatever random machine exercise they do and couple minutes after i come in, they all of a sudden want to do dumbbell curls or stretch right infront of me. Am i imagining this ?

I'm more of a night game kinda guy and am not comfortable hitting on chicks i might see 5 times a week.

Anybody else had similar incidents ?

Girls at the gym are distracting as hell.

Don't think you have to go out of your way to meet them. Especially if you have other avenues for meeting girls. I think the gym is a place to focus, and train hard. However, if the opportunity presents itself, why not.

Happens all the time. They want validation they're hot.

In other news: Chics love attention

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Try your best to ignore it. This is part of the reason I go to the gym very early. Barely anyone is there.

Attention without having to spread their legs. A testosterone filled building/room with white knight staff as her minions is the best place to get it.

If she's hot, ask her if she wants to split a protein shake later. If she's not hot, ignore her.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

If you feel that they're deliberately putting themselves in your proximity, then your instincts are most likely correct - talk to them if you like them.

Quote: (12-11-2014 02:59 PM)Moma Wrote:  

If she's hot, ask her if she wants to split a protein shake later. If she's not hot, ignore her.

Tell her that you'll only share your protein with her if she swallows.

I remember doing Schwarzenegger curls on a seat by the dumbbell rack. This chick came over and started to watch.

She looked ok, probably a "hotty" to the meaty white knights, but I wasn't interested and it started to make me uncomfortable(I'm sensitive about form critique lol).

Is there a polite and suave way to dissuade gym women from doing this?

I was in the machine section one time and I had this chick use every machine around me except the machine I was one which was weird.

Though even stranger, not to derail the topic has anyone had dudes stare at them in the gym?

Ive caught a couple of dudes looking at me from the side and its weirder than the catching girls stare at you

My first experience joining a gym was when I was spending a semester in Washigton D.C. The program encouraged us to sign up at the YMCA near DuPont Circle. I was 20 at the time. That was when I found out what being stared at like a "piece of meat" was like... I never went back after the first day.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (12-11-2014 07:37 PM)Sketness Wrote:  

I was in the machine section one time and I had this chick use every machine around me except the machine I was one which was weird.

Though even stranger, not to derail the topic has anyone had dudes stare at them in the gym?

Ive caught a couple of dudes looking at me from the side and its weirder than the catching girls stare at you

I stare at dudes like this in the gym when they are using a machine I want to use.
[Image: wb2.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

This happened to me just today at my schools gym. I start on my bench press and this girl I kinda know (party in the same scene) starts doing bent over rows right in front of me in yoga pants and kept bending over to stretch when I was resting, she does pole dancing classes and has the body to show for it... She has a rep for being nuts though and isn't my type anyway so I didn't even acknowledge her. I turned down her 5/10 bestfriend and housemate last semester, maybe she wanted to out do her...

Mount up.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Is this actually getting perceived as a problem?

Well Mage... I go to the gym for a very focused workout. Personally, I have a phobia about people crowding me, so even if it's a nonugly chick it works my nerves.

Quote: (12-11-2014 07:46 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

My first experience joining a gym was when I was spending a semester in Washigton D.C. The program encouraged us to sign up at the YMCA near DuPont Circle. I was 20 at the time. That was when I found out what being stared at like a "piece of meat" was like... I never went back after the first day.

Haha I was a couple years older when I joined Bally. Started off in Rockville but then worked out at the Ballys in DuPont Circle. Yeah, those two places were different...

This is actually something that I've been batting around in my head for a while.

Due to financial constraints I haven't been able to game much lately: I've had to redress the balance of Maslow's Hierarchy.
So seeing women at the gym pretty much makes up most of my exposure to them at the moment.

As much as I value the physical benefits of a good workout, I also relish in the psychological and the neurochemical. It's a fantastic way to clear the mind and focus on a goal.

So when I see attractive women exercising near me it's distracting.
But at the same time I want to game them as a result of the thirst.
Catch-22.
The only thing keeping it in check is my approach anxiety.

Throw a skeptical glance her, then smirk.

[Image: vyvHAj0.gif]

This happens all The time at my Gym. Especially since all The club waitresses and bartenders show up including strippers.

Girls in hot pink yoga pants doing stiff leg dead lifts. Or they do this one where they hold a dumbbell between their legs and squat. Not gonna lie it gives me a little chubby but i never hit on these chicks. Maybe im beta but Cant be hitting on chicks while I'm trying to hit that new PR and sweating my ass off.

Anyone else 'magically' become 'stronger' when a chick in short tights pops up at the free weights area?

I've had that happen. Also once or twice had to hide a semi-boner I was getting. But I agree with the posters above that girls in the gym are 99% of the time nothing but an annoying distraction. Personally I would ban them to their own gym if I could, but perhaps this is manifestation of my own anxiety over lack of "game".

I've also gotten a dirty look from accidentally staring at a Crossfit girl doing squats... Only check them out from behind.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (12-13-2014 11:06 AM)Agreddor Wrote:  

Anyone else 'magically' become 'stronger' when a chick in short tights pops up at the free weights area?

Me too. I'm all for girls in the gym.

Quote: (12-13-2014 04:46 PM)Kieran Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2014 11:06 AM)Agreddor Wrote:  

Me too. I'm all for girls in the gym.

I've noticed this as well - I believe there's actual science to make it up but I can't find it at the moment.

Increase in test levels; if I were to hazard a guess