rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin Data Sheet

Medellin Data Sheet

Background
I am in my Late 20’s of mixed ethnicity, I have an athletic build, been told am good looking, dress well and can dance. Did a mini retirement last year of 6 months but got well and truly hooked by Colombia. Ended up spending 3 months here with a month in Medellin.

Getting here
Cheapest way in in to Colombia is via Miami. Return tickets to Bogota can be had for $350.
From their you can take a bus, which is about 45k pesos and about 10 hours to Medellin. I think the journey itself, unless you’re bussed out, is well worth it once, just for the views.
By plane, you’re looking at about 100k pesos. But be aware, the airport to town journey is a fixed fare of 55k pesos, which you have to account for. The plane journey takes an hour and the taxi ride as well. Route in is very very windy.

Visa
Normally stamped on entry for 60 days, with an allowance of 6 months per calendar year.
Please note that you are only allowed 180 consecutive days in the country before you have to exit the country, regardless of calendar year.

Weather
It rained every day except 2, while I was there, and this was in March. Bring wet wether clothes. However, it never gets cold, sunny most of the time and the temperature seems to hover about the mid-70, s.

Getting around
Taxis are all pretty cheap and metered. Bus’s only attempt if you know what your doing. The metro system is very clean and modern with a single journey less than $1.

Money
ATM,s everywhere, most have a limit of 300k to 400k pesos.

Accommodation
Hostels to fancy hotels, whatever takes your fancy. Was staying with a friend, so cant comment directly. But pit-stop, casa kiwi seemed pretty popular in terms of hostels. All are in the parquet lleras area. Dorm rooms average around 15 to 20k pesos. Hotels, again the sky’s the limit.

Safety
As long as you keep your wits about you, will be fine. Most of the violence is gang related here. No jewellery though, and always only take out as much as your prepared to lose.

Food
Pretty bad. My fathers a chef, so have high standards, but even so. Don’t come here expecting gourmet cuisine. Meat rice and potato’s everywhere. With the obligatory arepa.
The best I had was home cooked, and at a crepes and waffles chain. Exito and Carulla supermarkets are western prices and chicken is frozen.

Things to do
Erm, ride the metro cable, visit a few parks museums, go to church. Erm………………hit a shopping mall? Not really much to this place, very modern, very clean, but no real culture here. The touristy thing can easily be done in 2 or 3 days.

Vibe
Laid back, relaxed, friendly. People always have the time and are never rude. Losing your temper here will get you nowhere.

Cost of living
Again its up to you. Dorm rooms can be had for 15k peso’s club entry anything from around 10-30k pesos, drinks are about 3-5k peso’s. You can feed yourself for a day on about 20k pesos. All things being equal, I would say its about 50% cheaper than say new York.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The girls
Very hot – These girls ake great pride in their appearance and plastic surgery is the norm here. The caveat being though, take away the plastic makeup and clothes, and no more beeter then anywhere else in Colombia

Very slutty – pretty much like anywhere in Colombia. Girls are just as much up for it as the boys, no false modesty, mind games or cock teasing. If they like you, they let you know.
(do not read that the wrong way, you need to game them, hence the word slutty rather then slut)

Incredibly mental – Seriously, having to go out with one would drive me crazy. Definition of emotionally led. No rhyme or reason to their logic at times.

cultural observations
No gringo love here-They have seen thousands coming through here, the most visible being the p4s sex crowd with the bumbag and mc hammer pants and the travellers with the shorts and sandals sarging clumsily. By default you are a sex tourist. It's a prejudice you are going to have to work against.

social status is everything - The people you know, the places you hang out, the way you dress, you are constantly being assessed. Woven into the fabric of the culture and would take too long to explain. Understand, status=pussy

25-35 is the golden ageAgain take this as a guideline. A 20 year old latin brad pitt double will have no trouble getting laid, just as much as a 40 year old james bond type would.
This is the golden age when males are at their physical peak, social standing and earning potential. Giirls know this.

The males are all beta,s Seriously, with the odd exception. It,s unbelievable. More hindrance then advantage.

Latino takes precedence- seriously, if you have any sort of game at all you will do above and beyond your norm.

the flip side- if you are a white gringo, understand the hotter girls are off limits, the girls are looking to protect their social status above and beyond anything.

Gaming

Shopping mall- Plent to choose from. The girls dress to shop . pretty dead during work hours, but come evenong and weekend, shoots up. Seems like one every 100 yards. Girls are open enough to approaches.

Gym No approaches on the floor, but most have a smoothie bar. Girls are hot and the blokes are fat and old. Not tried but great potential.

Was member of of bodytech cost $75 to join and $100 monthly membership, but is a national chain and the best equipeed.

Bar - people go out in groups and rarely mingle. Easy enough to approach though

Clubs - See above, girls love to dance most places play reggaetoone. Babylon the famed grino hunting site is now shut , blue seems popular hunting sight.

Tips
Learn to dance - The girls love it and can get very filthy at times with it.

Learn the language- Spanglish will only get you so far, the girls aren,t endeared by it at all.

Dress well- think gq and less street style. The girls take great pride in their appearance, do the same.

Have a local social circle- Not only will it make your trip more enjoyable, getting a local prerspective, but the act of being surrounded by Colombian,s will mean you have been peer-approved, and lessen the stigma of gringoness.

Get out of poblado- double whammy of being gringoville and being the wealthy area of medellin, full of girls seeking peer approval, means you will luck out. Even just a block away will yield so much higher dividend.

Closing thoughts

I love medellin, but the women is just a small part of it. The laid back vibe, good weather, fashion sense all appeal to me and i am lloking to move here hopefully at some point permanently.

But the place is very boring, not culturally attractive and you do have to keep your wits about you out of the poblado bubble.

If you are thinking of coming here specifically to chase girls, i would say give it a miss.

Why? You can bring your tightest game here and still the hottest girls will be out of reach or you will end up paying. Wy? As i alluded above, social status is everything, coupled with the stigma of being a gringo will mean the hot hotties won,t have anything to do with you, the exceptions being prepaos and gringo hunter.

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

Hey Latinlover any more specific spots on the DayGame? I've had a search through here and I can't find any recommendations.

I would also add that the weather sucks at the moment, it rains every day, it may not be cold but it still sucks if you want to be out and about doing things.

Medellin Data Sheet

Great report.

Do you have to be white to be a gringo?

For example, would a dark skinned latino that doesn't speak spanish well receive gringo stigma?

Medellin Data Sheet

latinlover -

Great report. How about peppering in some names of clubs and restaurants? And which nights are best?

Medellin Data Sheet

Cool. So, in your opinion, how would a solo traveller going to Medellin for let's say 1 month with advanced Spanish skills establish a social circle? Is this "doable"? or, is a social circle so difficult to obtain in 1 month that you will have to rely on pounding the pavement as a foot soldier during day game in centro, and places where lower strata girls (from barrios of Bello, Estrella, Sabaneta, Itagui) whom do not care so much about local status?

When you say social circle, do you mean more high-status guy friends? Or Girls you use as pivots? What have you seen mor effective in your travels to Medellin to work better? So, how do you go about making guy friends if you are not in school there, which is the easiest place?

Mixx

Medellin Data Sheet

Jalouse: City of eternal spring my arse, when it,s good it, brilliant, but it does love to tip it down.

Nothung specific about hot spots. Just think big city. Most girls hit the gym before work, cafes at lunch time and bars after work.

Luckystar: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm difficult. let me explain

As much as i abhor it, there really is a skin colour divide, the colombianos just as bad as india.. I have spoken to a few bar managers here, and they are quite forthright about not hiring dark skinned latinos because they think it will damage business.

Seen plenty of girls wearing skin lightner and blonde streaks, but think that has much more to do with avoiding the homogenity of the latin look then anything else.

So to answer your question, yes you would avoid the stigma of gringo but may to deal with another set of problems. It depend if you are more say native indian dark then afro caribbean dark

( i hat skin colur taslk narks me up good and proper, just a sad reality)

Not speaking spanish well may work for you since it would i imagine be intriguing to understand why a latino cant speak latin, but eventually you will fall down, you can only keep someones interest so much by waving your hands around.

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

the G manifesto: Let me get back to youo n this: Honestly had no ideas about the name sof place i just followed where i was called to go to.

Mixx: I can only give you my personal example:

I went with a friend out on a night ,was making moves on a hottie, but my mate wanted to leave, i said fine, but lucked out with the girl.

Anyway, came outside and started to talk to a guy about what had gone down. he was roaring with laughter. Invited me into the club next door. It,s only inside i realised two things .

1) The guy was absolutely minted. came from a well to do family and has his own cordoned off area
2) he was gay and the night was a gay night

Worked out well though, the guy introduced me around as his new freind got chatting and things went friom there. Seriously, gay wing mens are an untapped resource.

Lower strata girls are brilliant! Completely feisty and more downn to earth. Just dont make the mistake of bringing them in to poblado...............

Guy freinds definitely. Every time i tried to use a girl as a pivot, back fired on me.

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

Quote: (04-20-2011 02:25 PM)latinlover Wrote:  

Seriously, gay wing mens are an untapped resource.

Agreed. This actually applies to any city in the world. Gay guys LOVE being accepted by straight guys as platonic friends. As a reward, they will beg you to meet their straight girlfriends, and help you seal the deal.

So, you are saying, for the purpose of travelling to Medellin for 1 month, a smarter investment for a solo traveller is to make gay friends who yield more/better results than straight local males to introduce you to women?

Lower strata girls are brilliant! Completely feisty and more downn to earth. Just dont make the mistake of bringing them in to poblado...............

Humm....not sure I understand this one, as whenever I brought a girl over from Bello or Estrella to my condo in Poblado, her panties would be on my floor within 2 hours. Can you break down why you advise against this?

Guy freinds definitely. Every time i tried to use a girl as a pivot, back fired on me.

Ok, just want to make sure you are saying local gay guy friends for the purpose of sarging women or being introduced to female social circles - right? Not straight guys?

Mixx

Medellin Data Sheet

Minxx Re: Lower strata girls,

aprtment yes, but out and about in poblado,no.

They love gettiing on the buzzer and boasting where they and it is a panty dropper to bring a girl back to poblado

But out and about they freak out a little; you can see the self consciusness in their eyes.

REsocial circles, either will do. Not had one straight guy cock block . But girls, it can all get a bit wierd pivoting.

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

Hey actually in Medellín now, any afternoon spots for a younger guy would be clutch. Ive spent a couple afternoons just getting to know the city without really seeing many prospects.

thanks dude

Medellin Data Sheet

Quote: (04-20-2011 01:34 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

latinlover -

Great report. How about peppering in some names of clubs and restaurants? And which nights are best?

When I was around in 2009 there was a splendid mexican joint next to the Juan Valdez café in Parque Lleras. Used to go there everyday when I woke up in the afternoon and order a mofo sizzling plate of quesadillas. And look at the fake breasts parading by. Glory days.

The thai restaurant in El Poblado is pretty damn good as well. Other than that you have your usual selection of fries and steak.

There was a club called Bendita Seas. Girls night on thursdays. Looked like a disneyland for horny men. Very young girls. But beware - cock teases most of them. The bar La Octava is quite chilled and down to earth- seems to get filled to the brim in weekends, which is a good occasion for the entreprenurial man to snatch away girls from the protective local man.

The club scene in Medellin is VERY hard to figure out in general. Probably better let Roosh and guys who have been there more recently analyze it further.

Medellin Data Sheet

Sonsowey; Seriously, i found the opposite and it was the paradox of choice that got me.

remeber, this is a working city, only people suitable at times you are talking about are young mums and students, hit the parks or uni cafe's?

beebopaloo: Thiu and mexican still there, thai would rate, mexican not so much.

Didn,t like la Octava that much, in fact , couldn't stand the place. it just felt.........dirty in anot good way.

Club scene, i have to say, is my favourite playground...............oh man, take me back!

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

Sonsowey,

For day game the best mall is mall Santa Fe. However it is dead during the day - people go after work.

In Poblado I find that the best day game spot is around the bus stops on 43A and 5S.

Normally the best time of day for day game is after work 5-7. Unfortunately, it has been raining so much in Medellin that day game has been tough lately.

I'm sure that Universidad Antioquoia would be good around lunch time. I've never been during the week. However, it is right by a Metro station which makes it easy to get to. You will need to pretend that you're looking for Spanish language lessons to get past security.

I don't bother with Lleras.

For some reason I find Sundays to be terrible for day game. Not sure if all the girls are with their families.

I don't really agree that the club scene in MDE is good but I'll save that for another post.

Medellin Data Sheet

Quote: (04-21-2011 07:38 AM)latinlover Wrote:  

Club scene, i have to say, is my favourite playground...............oh man, take me back!

How long ago were you in Medellin? Can you give us a fresh update on club scene in Medellin, and which places yield the best results of a SNL or ONS?

Mixx

Medellin Data Sheet

Good sheet latinlover.
One question, language wise: I do understand very well Spanish, however, when it comes to speaking it, I'm kind of rusty at it as I haven't used it in a long time and when I do, it's more of a Portunhol (mix of Portuguese and Spanish). I had no trouble with that while I was in Buenos Aires and even here, I was seeing for a while a sexy latina from El Salvador and when I talked to her in Portunhol, she had no problem understanding me. How would that go in Colombia?

Medellin Data Sheet

Mixx: about 2 months ago now, again just went to where i was dragged.

Sorry my understanding of acronyms isn,t all that.
Went 5 times "clubbing" and got 4 lays.

I remember going to Oz and Blue in poblado, Clumb wild an and centro de forum, the 5th i cant remember.
the 1st two were crossover music, and the 2nd two were ellectronic music nights.

all were chcok full of rediculously hot women except for wild, and that was because it was completely dead.

Vacancierpermanent: not an expert, but iif it works in argentina, then i would imagine not being any worse in Colombia. Brush up though, obv.

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

Vacancierpermanent: gone back to original post and seen what i'v e wrote so let me clarify:

What i mean by spanglish is what Brit abroads, esp in Spain do, that is to say something in english but pre fixing and suffixing,

example:

"senor, i want a full english and bangers and mash, por favor"

Lief agreed the place dies completely on sun, but out here it,s still a proper holy day with mostly only the supermarkets and malls for day gaming.

Can believe it, still chucking it down, has it always been like this?

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

Quote: (04-21-2011 02:12 PM)latinlover Wrote:  

Mixx: about 2 months ago now, again just went to where i was dragged.

Went 5 times "clubbing" and got 4 lays.

I remember going to Oz and Blue in poblado, Clumb wild an and centro de forum, the 5th i cant remember.
the 1st two were crossover music, and the 2nd two were ellectronic music nights.

4 lays out of 5 venues eh? Interesting. Were all these 4 slays the very same night you met the girl? Or did you get a number (time-bridge), and fucked her another day?

Normally, electronic clubs in Medellin are mixed groups of men and women. How did you penetrate mix groups? Were these slays from girls you never met before and were random approaches at the actual venues? Or, did yo already know the girls form another place/event and then slay them that night after a meetup at a club?

I normally have a very difficult time pulling a ONS (One night stand) or SNL (Same Night Lay) from girls I meet for the first time in techno clubs. However, if I meet her elsewhere, and then afterwards, meet-up at a club - then it's a different story.

As you probably noticed, my style is straight up sex the very FIRST night I meet a girl, and I don't bother chasing phone numbers for sex at another day. If a girl is not DTF (down-to-fuck) that night, I move on to one that is. So, I'm curious how you got such great results.

What were some of your strategies to end up in bed with techno-head girls?

Mixx

Medellin Data Sheet

Now you’re talking! Techno is my shit, as they say

Ok, all of them I met on the night, 3 at the club, and we were in the sack on the same night with all.

My strategy, is embarrassingly simple, I don’t want to call it a strategy, since picking up girls is the by-product, rather than the end goal.

I love electronic music, always have. Years in nightclubs, plus a summer bumming in Ibiza means i,ve got to the point where i can dance well to it, really well.

That's it.

Seriously, said it before and again, dancing willl get you laid. No question. Girls will flock to you time and time again.

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

i cant dance techno for shit! and the club i was at last night only played techno! wtf

i tried to get the dj to play some reggeaton but to no avail!

Medellin Data Sheet

@LatinLover

HUmm...OK, you have not told us how you broke the girls away from their girlfriends, and other guy friends. No (hot) girl goes out alone dancing in Colombia - ever, so I am very curious how you pulled them away from their peers for an f-close that same night. I've tried a dozen ways, and have succeeded only 4x in over 100 approaches. Granted, they all want to fuck me another day, but I am not interested in fucking another day.

Not to toot my own horn, but I consider myself a great dancer (I was a salsa instructor a few years ago and won several competitions regionally), not just techno (how can anyone not dance techno?), but bachata, and even west coast swing. Girls do not flock to me just for being a good dancer, or to any of the guys I know that are Colombian locals. A lot of Colombian guys are good dancers, they grew up with this shit, and they still have to "put in work" as my NYC gangstas would say.

So, you are saying you pulled a hat trick man? You got 3 girls in one night from techno club in Medellin? Seriously, I need to see you in action and sign up for your bootcamp 'cuz I have never pulled a hat trick in Colombia. You are talking about non-pros right?

Sadly, a direct SNL's (same night lay) from a Medellin nightclub seldom happens unless I have met the girl elsewhere first. Even if it was an ice cream stand for 20 minutes earlier on that day; we had a previous interaction.

Mixx

Medellin Data Sheet

Techno is the sort of music you don't have to be able to dance to enjoy. You just go mad, it's not something that needs learning.

Quote:Quote:

i tried to get the dj to play some reggeaton

Why would you do such a thing? Glad the DJ had some taste.

Medellin Data Sheet

@Mixx

Ok, let me clarify, 5 different venues, 4 separate lays, 3 I met in the place, 1, I met an hour or so drinking.

A triple lay, lol, I honestly wouldn't know how or what!
Look, I put my hands in the air, in terms of say stuff like day game and inner game ranges from weak to needs work. But club game, I have pretty much locked down.

When I say good dancer, maybe it,s better to say, dirty? In the words of one of my closest friends "filthy, unrelenting vagina tease "

To compound the problem with techno nights, not only is the music high tempo and dancing is very much solo, but in Colombia, it is considered high status, and the upper strata girls are in one of those boxed off areas reserved for table service, semi-VIP, so to speak.

Mym odus operandi, so to speak, is for the 1st couple of hours or so, ignore talent and have fun. 1st nad foremost i am there for the music, pussy will always be there. After say i,ve got my stomp on, i then check out what;s on offer.

As i said before the girls here aren't coy. If you cant pick up signs here you wont anywhere

And breaking away a girl from a group? I must be really lucky, because every time the girl does the work for me. Once you,ve made say eye contact , she will literally break herself away from the group and turn slightly away, sometimes pretend texting

I then just go and engage, and then play it from ear. If she's unsure, normally you have to at the least make small talk with the group or her friend, but most of the time she,s eager to break away and hit the floor.

At this point i chaange the tone from say provocative to re-assuring (?-dont think thats right word). Whereas before it was "here is what i can offer" it now becomes "heres how i can make you feel"

So now i keep it simple, upper body pressed against each other, whisper in her ear, a little push away, pull back cheeky slap on the rump, running fingers down her arm, kissing the nick, lifting the thigh, all the while gently riding the beat.

Well you know what follows......

Seriously, I am at dead loss how you cant make it work for you. Dancing has always been a fast track to sex for me.

I am no gentleman

Medellin Data Sheet

Quote: (04-27-2011 07:49 AM)latinlover Wrote:  

Seriously, I am at dead loss how you cant make it work for you. Dancing has always been a fast track to sex for me.

Keep in mind I am talking about 9's and 10's. I can easily pull a barrio University girl from Bello, not interested.

I have asked many local Colombian guys I know that live in Colombia, and they say that SNL's are possible form techno venues, but are very difficult and seldom to do as the girl is always in a mixed group whom she depends on getting her home and buying her drinks, and techno music is not conducive to escalating touching. In Techno clubs, I've noticed women are just attention whores who fight to get on top of tables and VIP booths away form everyone so they can be admired, and not touched. Another scenario in a techno venue is where the really hot girl is surrounded by her peers in a circle as to sort of "protect" her from guys approaching.

Now, a vallenato or salsa club is different. Typically, the game I run is go to clubs with girls, and merge my set with my targets set, and break-away. That works in Vallenato clubs nicely. However, going to clubs with girls and merging sets is fucking work. I keep hearing ther are easier ways to accomplish my mission without the burden of having to cater to 3 women used as pivots all night.

Techno, because of the high-energy, loud music it is, does not really allow me to build that comfort level of KINO you mention. Techno music is not really grinding all up in her ass music like reggeaton, so starting to touch a girl to the sounds of Paul Van Dyk or Carl Cox and grinding up on her ass will likely push her away I would think ???

Humm, maybe there's my problem. I need to just get up in her ass and pretend its Wisin & Yandel on the mic, and not Carl Cox on the tables. Granted, I am talking about taking home incredibly fine 9's 10's...I could care less about average looking girls under 9 who are from poor barrios, which seem to be the easy targets to take home.

Mixx

Medellin Data Sheet

"Keep in mind I am talking about 9's and 10's. I can easily pull a barrio University girl from Bello, not interested. "

This is the key point about Medellin. Top tier girls are A LOT of work. I would say that it is actually harder than hooking up with a U.S. top level girl for various reasons outlined on this forum. SNL's with these women - nothing is impossible but this is pretty darn close.

I'm quite sure that many of the stories about Medellin revolve around mediocre women.

I hope guys on this board don't get the wrong idea - I do not recommend any gringoes cruise into a techno bar, bust into a mixed set and start rubbing your meatpole on a 9. You have no idea who the dudes are.

Latinlover is an exception and he's got something that these raver chicks are into.