rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Solo travel (Poland)

Solo travel (Poland)

Hello everyone!

First post here.. I've been browsing the forum for ages then finally registered! Anyways..

Solo travel! Yes I know a lot of people solo travel, BUT I don't know shit in Poland. My friend recommend to go since he went there last year, he told me to there do this and that but thats not enough. I can't seem to get my friends to come with me since they want to visit Thailand and Cambodia (already been there).

What am I looking for? Girls/Trips/Cultural/Partying/Girls/History/Events/Girls....
Thing is I'll be there on the 7th of December (didn't book yet).. bad timing? Not my fault! My work offered me this 1 month vacation, if I refuse it i'd have to wait next year since they need me so badly and I need to breathe for a while and have fun!

So what do you guys think I should do? Was thinking 20 days or something, If I get bored there I might visit Ukraine by train or Czech or something..
Most here are familiar with the scene there, 20 days a lot? What to do, where to visit? Cities/towns/villages? I could probably rent a car? I will rent a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment, i don't do hostels.
Also how safe is it? I read somewhere that it gets dark early during the winter.

Appearance - Good looking, NOT BARBIE HANDSOME
Game - Average or less.
Budget - 2500 euros

I'm open to all suggestions to whether to fuck off to another country or just help me out here!

-Buddha

Solo travel (Poland)

Quote: (11-28-2014 09:17 PM)Buddha Head Wrote:  

Hello everyone!

First post here.. I've been browsing the forum for ages then finally registered! Anyways..

Solo travel! Yes I know a lot of people solo travel, BUT I don't know shit in Poland. My friend recommend to go since he went there last year, he told me to there do this and that but thats not enough. I can't seem to get my friends to come with me since they want to visit Thailand and Cambodia (already been there).

What am I looking for? Girls/Trips/Cultural/Partying/Girls/History/Events/Girls....
Thing is I'll be there on the 7th of December (didn't book yet).. bad timing? Not my fault! My work offered me this 1 month vacation, if I refuse it i'd have to wait next year since they need me so badly and I need to breathe for a while and have fun!

So what do you guys think I should do? Was thinking 20 days or something, If I get bored there I might visit Ukraine by train or Czech or something..
Most here are familiar with the scene there, 20 days a lot? What to do, where to visit? Cities/towns/villages? I could probably rent a car? I will rent a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment, i don't do hostels.
Also how safe is it? I read somewhere that it gets dark early during the winter.

Game - Average or less.
Budget - 2500 euros

I'm open to all suggestions to whether to fuck off to another country or just help me out here!

-Buddha

I'm by no means a seasoned player but I do know Poland very well and visit there every month or so, I'll try to answer your questions about the country.

I think 20 days is long if you don't have any specific interest in the country (anything you want to see or do here or just for women?). It's getting really cold in Poland right now too like up to -10 by next week, yeah it gets dark early at 4-5pm.

I don't think you need to rent a car if you're planning to stay in big cities, really there is no need, trams, buses, trains are much easier and cheaper I imagine, unless you don't like public transport, no real need for a car.
For cities I would recommend Wrocław, very nice town and not overly touristy, also tons of info already on the forum about it, Krakow is nice but very touristy but still worth a visit imo, Katowice is also very close to these towns (1-2h by bus) if you want to go to a place where you'll be more 'exotic'.
In regard's to safety Poland is totally safe, I feel far safer here walking around at night than I do in the UK.

What nationality/race are you if you don't mind me asking?

Solo travel (Poland)

Quote: (11-28-2014 09:55 PM)_Samo_ Wrote:  

Quote: (11-28-2014 09:17 PM)Buddha Head Wrote:  

Hello everyone!

Game - Average or less.
Budget - 2500 euros

-Buddha

I'm by no means a seasoned player but I do know Poland very well and visit there every month or so, I'll try to answer your questions about the country.

I think 20 days is long if you don't have any specific interest in the country (anything you want to see or do here or just for women?). It's getting really cold in Poland right now too like up to -10 by next week, yeah it gets dark early at 4-5pm.

I don't think you need to rent a car if you're planning to stay in big cities, really there is no need, trams, buses, trains are much easier and cheaper I imagine, unless you don't like public transport, no real need for a car.
For cities I would recommend Wrocław, very nice town and not overly touristy, also tons of info already on the forum about it, Krakow is nice but very touristy but still worth a visit imo, Katowice is also very close to these towns (1-2h by bus) if you want to go to a place where you'll be more 'exotic'.
In regard's to safety Poland is totally safe, I feel far safer here walking around at night than I do in the UK.

What nationality/race are you if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the info Samo!

I'm from the Middle East - Kuwait, not darkish color but white because my origin is Persian.

Yeah I always wanted to visit Eastern Europe, somehow I'm leaned to that side rather than Western Europe! Was thinking of Ukraine but right now it's not stable plus few of my friends had lots of problems with guys in Kiev/Odessa. I'm sick of SE Asia as I have visited most of the countries there.

Is Poland very touristy even during the winter? Thanks!

Solo travel (Poland)

Depends where you go. I was in Krakow in October and there was still packed with tourists around the main sqaure, now I imagine there would be less. But also if you go somewhere like Katowice there is literally no tourists and you'll feel like the only foriegner in town, you will stick out speaking English.
I've not been to Ukraine myself but have met enough Ukrainian chicks in Poland (many study there) and also reading many threads on the forum Poland is a much better choice for your first time in Eastern Europe. I think Polish girls are much easier to get along with and generally easier, Ukrainian girls are boring and also you'd have a big language barrier there assuming you don't speak Russian/Ukrainian.

Solo travel (Poland)

I see, but what about December? Isnt it cold and people tend to stay home hibernate? I mean not much during the day I suppose?
Cant find any threads of people going during the freezing season.

Solo travel (Poland)

Quote: (11-30-2014 10:12 AM)Buddha Head Wrote:  

I see, but what about December? Isnt it cold and people tend to stay home hibernate? I mean not much during the day I suppose?
Cant find any threads of people going during the freezing season.

I was there december last year, I will be again next week too. There is still people around, sure there wont as many because its cold as fuck right now but you can still find many chicks around malls and etc.

Solo travel (Poland)

Christmas is huge thing across Poland and from mid-December until beginning of January, people are less into partying and such things. Adding the fact of Christmas holidays where most of students go back to their home/village, it can be very quiet during week days, especially for day night activities.

I spent last Christmas and New-year eve in Krakow because I cannot got back home due to work and it was so so. After 25th of December, it was mostly tourists - guys - coming to Krakow to celebrate New-year Eve.

If you meet a girl at the beginning of December then you will have a very short timing as she will probably go back home the following days or weeks. You will still have foreigners, tourists and students/workers who can't manage to go back home, but it won't reflect the actual state of the city.

Warsaw might be a better opportunity as it is a capital and always living. But second-tiers and third-tiers city might be a disappointment. Still, a city like Krakow is lovely during Christmas, there is a special vibe I really like it. But it's more friends and family oriented I would say.

Last week end was craziness in Poland because it was the last "official" week end where people could party before the Christmas' events, Andrzejki and Barborka . I've never seen so many people in bars and clubs, 90% of my friends, foreigners/polish, were on hungover the day after. I do recommend someone who wants to visit Poland to come to this special week end.