rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tesco removes toys for boys sign display

Tesco has removed a sign which referred to a superhero alarm clock as a "gift for a boy" from its stores after a complaint from a seven-year-old girl.

Karen Cole posted a photo of her "superhero-loving" daughter Maggie on Twitter next to the sign at the Tower Park branch in Poole, Dorset.

It has since been retweeted more than 10,000 times.

Tesco apologised and said the sign had been removed, adding it would "make a great gift for both girls and boys".

Mrs Cole, from Shaftesbury, tweeted: "My superhero loving 7yo daughter not impressed when she spotted this sign in @Tesco today @LetToysBeToys"

The mother of three said Maggie had always been interested in superheroes, dragons and knights.

Last year, she said she explained to her "all toys were for all people" after she had concerns that some were only for boys, and others only for girls.

"When she saw the sign I think she was cross because it was saying the opposite of what I had told her," Mrs Cole said.

She said she had been "amazed" by the response on social media and was "very pleased" the signs had been taken down.

A Tesco spokesman said: "The sign has been removed and we're sorry if it caused any confusion."

Campaign group Let Toys Be Toys is asking toy and publishing industries to stop limiting children's interests by promoting some toys and books as only suitable for girls, and others only for boys.

A spokeswoman said the group was pleased the photo of Maggie had resulted in the removal of the sign.

"Signs like these do influence people in their choice of what toys to buy children," she said.

She added they "make children feel 'wrong' for liking certain things".

Will toys r us be targeted next.....who knows.

Link to story-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-30191100

Note-Tesco is like the uk version of walmart.

(need image "ain't nobody got time for dat boo shit")

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Also, toy superhero body proportions are totally not representative of the average man!

Is it just me or do most of these campaign groups just make things worse.

Here's the image for information purposes:

[Image: _79246865_79246864.jpg]

The mother is attention whore and she's raising her daughter to be one.

The mother should have just bought the fucking clock and never taken any photos.

I have nieces around the girls age and I can't see them giving a shit about a sign in a store. A 7 year old just wants the clock - they don't care about "gender neutral" bullshit. Her mother put her up to it.

the end-goal here is human fungibility. international capital wants us to be entirely interchangeable — work units, or economic units. the cultural stuff is a part of that.

I'll never guess whose idea it was for the girl to pose like that.

Attention whores, the lot of them.

An intolerable shrew in training. Lovely.

[Image: confused.gif] [Image: dodgy.gif]
[Image: attachment.jpg23166]   

Kid looks like a demon seed

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

I don't think this mother is very progressive. She could easily just encourage her daughter to have a sex change. There, problem solved!

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

[Image: dodgy.gif][Image: dodgy.gif][Image: dodgy.gif][Image: dodgy.gif][Image: dodgy.gif]
[Image: _79246865_79246864.jpg]

Here's the daughter's "kids" in 30 years' time

[Image: Lots_Of_Cats.jpg]

When will the fucking insanity stop!

Quote:Quote:

Tesco apologised and said the sign had been removed, adding it would "make a great gift for both girls and boys".

And here you see the weakness of capitalism minus Christianity or any moral values, whatsoever.

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." - Vladimir Lenin

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Oh right, England, why am I not surprised about these news and spineless stores anymore, if people don't agree with what you do with your store you tell them to fuck off, not bend over and take it in the ass.

Seriously, if something like that happened here, the girl and her mother would be seen as laughing stocks.

These guys have a bigger operation than i thought

What we’ve achieved so far – retailers

Through our petition asking retailers to Let Toys Be Toys, our letters to retailers and the help of our amazing supporters on Twitter and Facebook , fourteen retailers have made changes, or promised to do so. The Entertainer, Boots and Debenhams have all taken down ’boys’ and ‘girls’ toys signage in their stores, and Marks and Spencers have pledged to make all their toy ranges inclusive.

Our 2013 survey of toyshops in the run up to Christmas showed a 60% reduction in the use of ‘Girls’ and ‘Boys’ signs in stores. For more detail on how retailers have responded see our Who’s doing what? page, and take a look at our Before and after gallery.

Note-these are some of the biggest uk retail outfits

http://www.lettoysbetoys.org.uk/about-2/

Quote: (11-25-2014 06:43 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

And here you see the weakness of capitalism minus Christianity or any moral values, whatsoever.

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." - Vladimir Lenin

Not sure if I agree.

I've written before on here that there is a difference between a religion's policies (or doctrine) and culture. Although there is no Christian doctrine that supports this, the culture that evolved with Western Christianity has created a climate for this to happen.

One of the subjects that constantly comes up on the Christian manosphere blogs like Dalrock and Society of Phineas is the way modern Christian churches push feminist ideas in an underhanded way to pander to women. This Christian Lite concept is referred to as Churchianity.

The takeaway is that this is creating entitled women. I could easily see a priest giving a sermon on why the girl and her mom in this thread are right and how men are "sinful" in the ways they've oppressed women, etc. This ain't your mom's church anymore.

Just yesterday, Phineas put out a great post titled "The Un-Marriageable Evangelical American Princess,." Remove the word "Evangelical," and it could have been written for this forum by any one of us.

Quote: (11-25-2014 06:57 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2014 06:43 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Not sure if I agree.

I've written before on here that there is a difference between a religion's policies (or doctrine) and culture. Although there is no Christian doctrine that supports this, the culture that evolved with Western Christianity has created a climate for this to happen.

One of the subjects that constantly comes up on the Christian manosphere blogs like Dalrock and Society of Phineas is the way modern Christian churches push feminist ideas in an underhanded way to pander to women. This Christian Lite concept is referred to as Churchianity.

The takeaway is that this is creating entitled women. I could easily see a priest giving a sermon on why the girl and her mom in this thread are right and how men are "sinful" in the ways they've oppressed women, etc. This ain't your mom's church anymore.

Just yesterday, Phineas put out a great post titled "The Un-Marriageable Evangelical American Princess,." Remove the word "Evangelical," and it could have been written for this forum by any one of us.

Agree, the rot is everywhere. Within and without. Will discuss more in a PM if you like. I don't want to derail this thread.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Pretty solid Kubrik stare she's got going on.

I think the toy retailers are idiots for backing down to this kind of online attention whoring. They just opened the door to an eternity of whining from the feminists by doing so.

First they whine that certain toys are marketed to boys (while precisely nobody gives a fuck that Barbie dolls aren't), then they'll whine that their Incredible Hulk doll has a crotch bulge or Wolverine's stubble is the patriarchy and it will actually make the news.

Once they figure out that they have all this power they're going to whine their way into petitions for crappy toy ideas like a rainbow-armored faggot Batman doll complete with assless chaps and Robin on a chain in a gimp suit or a beached whale Barbie inexplicably marketed as an action hero.

I have no idea how to turn the tide on this except to make the boy's toy aisle as boring as the girl's toy aisle so the feminists would just leave it the hell alone.

Quote: (11-25-2014 07:26 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Pretty solid Kubrik stare she's got going on.

I think the toy retailers are idiots for backing down to this kind of online attention whoring. They just opened the door to an eternity of whining from the feminists by doing so.

First they whine that certain toys are marketed to boys (while precisely nobody gives a fuck that Barbie dolls aren't), then they'll whine that their Incredible Hulk doll has a crotch bulge or Wolverine's stubble is the patriarchy and it will actually make the news.

Once they figure out that they have all this power they're going to whine their way into petitions for crappy toy ideas like a rainbow-armored faggot Batman doll complete with assless chaps and Robin on a chain in a gimp suit or a beached whale Barbie inexplicably marketed as an action hero.

I have no idea how to turn the tide on this except to make the boy's toy aisle as boring as the girl's toy aisle so the feminists would just leave it the hell alone.

Start a toy company that exclusively, explicitly makes toys for boys and is unapologetic about it. Toy guns, bad ass cars, etc. etc.

Although the federal government would probably find a way to shut you down.

In case you were wondering if the mother had hit the wall and was lashing out for attention:

[Image: a0-PjVIZ.jpeg]

Oh look another mommy with a blog, that's cute.

If I were running that store, I would have changed the sign to read:

Toys for Boys (and Tomboys)

Gotta fight trolling with trolling.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (11-25-2014 05:53 PM)richler Wrote:  

the end-goal here is human fungibility. international capital wants us to be entirely interchangeable — work units, or economic units. the cultural stuff is a part of that.

Same idea as a chinese engineer who had this to say when asked 'what would be the best way to improve the logging industry'

'make all trees same size and grow them square'

It wasn't to make more efficient equipment, it was to make the raw material more uniform. Same with people.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Who wants to bet the mother had her pose?