rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

[Warning: Amanda Marcotte Article] "If anti-feminists believe false rape accusations"

[Warning: Amanda Marcotte Article] "If anti-feminists believe false rape accusations"

Link: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/if-an...hemselves/

I have to say that it is amusing, and is providing some good troll fodder, that Amanda Manjaw Marcunt, of the infamous Duke Lacrosse false rape hysteria, is now writing about false rape accusations and how they are supposedly super duper rare and basically mean nothing in the grand scheme of how much rape is supposedly perpetrated against fat western skanks.

The article, in case you don't want to click or troll the comment sections:

Quote:Quote:

aving read, sadly, a shocking number of people who engage in rape apology, one of the weirdest things about it is how the same person can simultaneously argue 1) that rape isn’t real but is simply women getting revenge because they didn’t get a post-one-night-stand phone call and 2) that women only have themselves to blame if they’re victimized because they partied/willingly had sex/wore something slutty. This seems like a contradiction to me because if women aren’t actually under real threat of rape, why would they have to take precautions? If rape isn’t a thing that happens, then there’s no reason to be careful.

But the contradiction really goes deeper than that, I realized upon reading about Lincoln University president Robert R. Jennings’s lecture to young women about their supposedly awful behavior around men. Jennings was trotting out the usual rape-isn’t-real-but-it’s-on-women-to-stop-the-thing-we-don’t-call-rape contradictory argument, but his argument really drove home how nonsensical it all is. As our own David Edwards reports:

“Men treat you — treat women — the way women allow us to treat them,” he explains. “When it comes time to make that final decision, we’re going to go down the hall and marry that girl with the long dress on.”

“And let me tell you why I know I’m right about it,” Jennings continued. “I’m right about it because we had on this campus last semester, three cases of young women, who after having done whatever they did with the young men, and then it didn’t turn out the way they wanted it to turn out, guess what they did? They then went to Public Safety and said, ‘He raped me.’”

He went on to explain how terrible it is for the male victims of what he believed to be a widespread form of female predation:

“When you allege that somebody did something of that nature to you, you go to jail. I don’t care how close they are to finishing the degree, their whole life changes overnight,” he said. “Why am I saying all this, ladies? I’m saying this because, first and foremost, don’t put yourself in a situation that would cause you to be trying to explain something that really needs no explanation had you not put yourself in that situation.”

So, on one hand, he argues that many women are malicious sexual predators who deliberately lie about being raped to punish men they have sex with for not wanting to marry them. But then he turns around and argues that women should avoid casual sex to… protect themselves? From what? Their own predatory nature? Is he suggesting that women cannot stop themselves from angrily filing false charges if they touch some dick and then don’t get a phone call after?

It’s weird is all, to combine the argument that women are sexual predators with the argument that women need to protect themselves from rape. If you think the onus is on would-be victims to protect themselves, then the logical argument, if you’re a false-rape-truther, is to tell men to avoid drinking too much or having casual sex, because that’s the best protection against vindictive false accusers. The fact that the same people who think the onus is on women to protect themselves from rape refuse to put the same onus on men to protect themselves from what rape apologists believe is a common form of sexual predation—the false rape charge—is quite telling indeed. This isn’t actually about preventing crime, but about using the threat of ruined reputations and sexual violence to scare women into behaving sexually how you want them to.

Of course, the advice is dumb either way, to be very clear. Only about 5-6 percent of men are sexual predators and female predators who attack with a false rape charge are a misogynist myth, which is why the same men who claim to live in mortal terror of such women never actually amend their behavior to protect themselves in the same way women constantly guard against rape, because they know full well that the false rape allegation is like getting struck by lightening while a shark attacks you. Risk assessment being what it is, people aren’t going to stop screwing around because of a risk that rates from “5%” to “nothing”.

But if you do live in a fantasy world where the onus to stop victimization is on the would-be victims and you also believe women are sexual predators who sleep with men consensually and false-accuse for the hell of it, then you really need to stop lecturing women about safety and start lecturing men.

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

If you do go to the site you will see I left this comment, and then had to edit it because I fucked up my maths lol

Quote:Quote:

Wow. Just Wow. Amanda Duke Lacrosse Marcotte writing about False Rape Accusations. This is just interesting.
I find it especially amusing how, down stream, so many feminists are talking about how they won't believe some man's anecdotes about knowing someone who was falsely accused but we are supposed to take feminists at their word when they talk about their own personal anecdotes, which are pretty fishy, hehehe, and raise many red flags, about how they were supposedly raped. Either way.
One poster, an old feminist hag from the sound of it, keeps posting incorrect false rape stats. I could spend the time going through it but I will just point this out first.
Down stream it is said many times that men face a 3 in 100 risk of false accusations of rape (the poster doesn't mention if this includes other types of false accusations but I doubt it does and again never mind the fact that it is a bullshit stat, we will treat it as true) and Amanda and co claims that this isn't serious enough be considered worthy of debate. It is, as they say, like getting struck by lightning while being attacked by sharks.
Well, if you look it up you will find that there are about ~100 million males in America between the ages of 15 and 70 according to the 2010 census.

So 3 in 1000 is .3% and .3% of 100 million is 300,000. That is roughly the number of young and older men who, according to these feminists incorrect and male-hating statistics, between the ages of 15 to 69 will face a false rape accusation.

AND THIS IS SOMEHOW NOT WORTHY OF DISCUSSION??? It is so rare and mythical that it basically should never be brought up again?

That is more men than the total population of my city.

That is about six times the number of men who died in Vietnam as part of the draft. I guess they don't deserve consideration either because they must be a mythical occurrence huh?

Again, this number is bullshit and it is bandied about and manipulated in an attempt for these anti-male feminists to minimize male suffering because....I don't know...my only guess is they like seeing men suffer. Or maybe penis envy. Or maybe they hate men cause most men are interested in feminine women with pleasant attitudes rather than manjawed fatties and uggos.

Either way. Your bullshit statistics still work against you because ~300k men and boys losing their freedoms and job and potentially ended up in prison where they will suffer actual rape is not some trivial or mythical occurrence but a real travesty and injustice.

And here I thought women, especially *gasp* feminist women, were supposed to be good at math. Do you girls even math?

Edited cause I fucked up my decimal points. Too much beer and not enough sleep Lololozz

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

Hmmmmmm.......would be fantastic if the next dude that banged her claimed a false rape against her and made her go through all of that bullshit anguish.

How in the fuck does a person of such trivial societal significance get a wiki page? It's like giving a wiki page to the person who gets in the Mickey Mouse costume at Disney Land.

Quote: (11-12-2014 09:29 PM)Truckn Wrote:  

How in the fuck does a person of such trivial societal significance get a wiki page? It's like giving a wiki page to the person who gets in the Mickey Mouse costume at Disney Land.

It's because wikipedia is part of the international communist conspiracy. That and fluoridation.

delete

The media should not be giving this woman credibility. In 2006, she wrote the following inaccurate, potentially libelous paragraph about the accused Duke lacrosse players:

“In the meantime, I've been sort of casually listening to CNN blaring throughout the waiting area and good fucking god is that channel pure evil. For awhile [sic?], I had to listen to how the poor dear lacrosse players at Duke are being persecuted just because they held someone down and fucked her against her will—not rape, of course, because the charges have been thrown out. Can’t a few white boys sexually assault a black woman anymore without people getting all wound up about it? So unfair.”

According to the Wikipedia entry on this, she later deleted posts on her blog critical of her statements, then later deleted the entire entry.

That page also goes onto say Marcotte was called a "leader of the cyber-lynch mob in the Duke University rape hoax".

I guess the only positive here is that Marcotte's ramblings are now relegated to places like Raw Story and don't appear in Time

I want to quickly address something else: she has no sense of shame. I was a writer. I made mistakes. Afterwards, I always issued a correction -- and those corrections remain under my online stories.

How can she face the public knowing she was so woefully incorrect about the Duke case? How can she go forward writing stuff like this when she knows damn well she damaged the lives of innocent men?

There is something genuinely wrong with a person who makes a huge mistake, ruins lives and feels they did nothing wrong.

They are called sociopaths.
Amanda Marcotte is the feminist equivalent of a street thug who beats someone up, then goes out to dinner as if nothing happened.

If you're reading this and you're with the media, you should know the media is guilty as well for giving a forum to someone who is not only a bad, inaccurate writer, but clearly mentally disturbed. Think about that.

Online sites that publish Amanda Marcotte's drivel are, by and large, click-bait anger-inducing troll websites. To wit: Salon, Slate, Raw Story (Raw Story takes a perverse pleasure finding some really backwater bigoted redneck and imply that's an average Republican voter -- note I'm saying this as someone on the left wing), Alternet (Self-publishing website, a la DailyKos, actually), The Guardian (I don't know this site well, but since they publish Marcotte, they must be a click-bait tabloid), and probably others.

The New York Times, as a counterpoint, has never published her nonsense, and, indeed, has dismissed her as a "blogger" as opposed to a real journalist. US News, of course, has never published her stuff, but has published a rebuttal to one of her many inflammatory rag pieces.