rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

India - The Travel Guide - Part one

Well gentlenmen, I recently stumbled across this corner of the Internet and have been reading most of the content on the forum for the past 2-3 days. Not so much interested in the ‘red pill’ stuff as much as I am about the travel guides and where to meet local women which has been helpful. There has also been some info on alternate careers which was a little interesting. Anyway, unfortunately most of the views about India tend to be orientalist and myopic and most of the Indians here tend to be Indians from the diaspora who unfortunately more often than not miss India’s contradictions and subtlety.

This one will be purely from a tourist point of view and maybe I’ll do one on where to get local women and one more to do with how the economy is gathering pace.
I will be starting from the North and heading South.

India is historical and it is impossible to view India without a bit of sentiment so if this annoys you, you should probably get away now.

Golden rule of India – Fly into New Delhi or Bangalore. India is fast, hard, and for a westerner incredibly disorienting. Mumbai is a city which is basically India packed into one square mile and since most people cannot handle India, Mumbai would be a bad choice.

New Delhi is everything modern India aspires to become and Bangalore is a more liberal metropolitan city.

Starting from the North

Kashmir – This is the land that the Chinese, Indians and Pakistanis have fought over. India controls the bulk and now that the wars are more or less over the reigon is open to tourism again. I can safely say that even the Swiss mountains simply do not compare. The rugged beauty of the Himalayas will simply tale your breath away.
Pahalgam and Gulmarg are in the western areas of the state and have ski slopes that are worth a vist. The main 2 places are in the eastern parts known as Leh and Ladakh. Commercial tourism is coming fast though the remoteness and altitudes are still a deterrent. It is basically a desert landscape more than 10,000 ft above sea level. Google the pictures because the less said about this place the better. It was home to the exiled Tibetian population before they fled south to Himachal Pradesh.

Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand etc
– States in the north where the main attraction is of course the majestic Himalayas. Himachal is home to the Dalai Lama and India providing sanctuary to him is one of the last friction points between India and China as we see greater interaction between these nations now.
Himachal has two destinations known as Manali and Kasol where you get the finest hashish in the world (Yes, better than Lebanese) and the toy trains are worth a day or two.

Punjab – Home to the Sikhs and requires a different page on it’s own.

Rajasthan – A desert, this place has a distinct brand of music known as Rajasthani folk which one must give a listen. Heavy sufi tendencies and a lot of ‘soul’. Udaipur is home to some gorgeous palaces and it is a symbol of India’s long lost wealth especially the floating palace.

Hauz Kaz Village – This is basically India’s young urban art landscape in New Delhi. If you wish to see how fast India is changing this is the place.

Goa- Swerve, fking shithole that has been annexed by the Russians and Brits and most Indians woth their salt now avoid and if you want beaches there are better places.

The South has temples, it is from a lot of these temples that the engravings were converted into the Kama Sutra so if you are interested in that it would be worth a visit.

Use Bangalore as your base in the south.

The better beaches are in Kerela, Karnataka, Pondicherry (which is a French enclave) and last but not the least the best are in the Andaman and Nicobar islands and Lakshwadeep islands which are home to the the most uncommercial (for now) and some of the best scuba diving spots in the world.

I have left out some places like the hill stations of the East (Darjelling), places like Kodaikanal (best natural setting for magic mushrooms which are grown locally) in the South and the entire North East section of the country like Arunachal which is home to the 40 million Indians of East Asian descent. It is a completely different part of the country and I’m tired of typing now.

If you wish I can give a detailed report on where / how to get laid and why India is the real deal as the 21’st century unravels. If not, no issues.
I’ll just leave Mark Twain’s fabulous extract from his book following the equator and if it does not resonate with you then India is perhaps not your country

This is indeed India! the land of dreams and romance, of fabulous wealth and fabulous poverty, of splendor and rags, of palaces and hovels, of famine and pestilence, of genii and giants and Aladdin lamps, of tigers and elephants, the cobra and the jungle, the country of a hundred nations and a hundred tongues, of a thousand religions and two million gods, cradle of the human race, birthplace of human speech, mother of history, grandmother of legend, great-grandmother of tradition, whose yesterdays bear date with the mouldering antiquities of the rest of the nations — the one sole country under the sun that is endowed with an imperishable interest for alien prince and alien peasant, for lettered and ignorant, wise and fool, rich and poor, bond and free, the one land that all men desire to see, and having seen once, by even a glimpse, would not give that glimpse for the shows of all the rest of the globe combined. Even now, after the lapse of a year, the delirium of those days in Bombay has not left me, and I hope never will.

It is impossible not to be astonished by India. Nowhere on Earth does humanity present itself in such a dizzying, creative burst of cultures and religions, races and tongues. Enriched by successive waves of migration and marauders from distant lands, every one of them left an indelible imprint which was absorbed into the Indian way of life. Every aspect of the country presents itself on a massive, exaggerated scale, worthy in comparison only to the superlative mountains that overshadow it. It is this variety which provides a breathtaking ensemble for experiences that is uniquely Indian. Perhaps the only thing more difficult than to be indifferent to India would be to describe or understand India completely. There are perhaps very few nations in the world with the enormous variety that India has to offer. Modern day India represents the largest democracy in the world with a seamless picture of unity in diversity unparalleled anywhere else.

Finally India’s colonial legacy is literally nothing compared to it’s Mughal legacy. After all, India’s greatest monument was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaaz.

India is changing at lightening pace gentlemen and as the old collides with you there is a poetic sense of satisfaction in experiencing a country that has defied all the odds to survive as a modern democracy. Keep your eyes open and she will astound you as things are being torn down and built faster than you can breathe.

Btw, if any of you find yourself in these parts of the world go to Sri Lanka. The war is over and Colombo is going wild. A wise man once told me ‘ When people live in constant fear they learn how to enjoy the present, then the danger goes away and the parties just get bigger’. It must be why the Lebanese party like crazy.

Good luck.

I think it'd be interesting to hear where a man goes to "meet women" (heh) and get laid in India from a local point of view. The historical stuff we can all read from various travel guides and BBC documentaries.

Quote: (11-11-2014 04:34 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

The historical stuff we can all read from various travel guides and BBC documentaries.

True, unfortunately most BBC documentaries neglect the very core essence of India.

Another curious quirk is that the cuisine India has exported is strictly Mughlai / Tandoor despite the fact that there are a variety of cuisines in India that are as if nor more tasty then those.

Goan cuisine includes squid kalamari, South Indian cuisine is unique and sometimes has coconut in it's base, Bengali cuisine is mostly fish and the Kashmiris make fabulous Lamb Gost

Quote: (11-11-2014 04:34 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

I think it'd be interesting to hear where a man goes to "meet women" (heh) and get laid in India from a local point of view. The historical stuff we can all read from various travel guides and BBC documentaries.

Exactly - pics and field reports - those are the juicy bits.

You said you can post about how to get laid in India This is a far corner of the internet where guys are in fact trying to get laid. So it would be great of you can follow up with that.

Since you seem to know the areas well, I may suggest that you compare contrast the qualities of women from each part you described above and also please tell us about their personalities, attitude, demeanor etc.

Another suggestion would be ease of logistics and describe how they were conducive based on how much and what techniques you used to get laid in each area.

Quote: (11-11-2014 06:34 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

You said you can post about how to get laid in India This is a far corner of the internet where guys are in fact trying to get laid. So it would be great of you can follow up with that.

Since you seem to know the areas well, I may suggest that you compare contrast the qualities of women from each part you described above and also please tell us about their personalities, attitude, demeanor etc.

Another suggestion would be ease of logistics and describe how they were conducive based on how much and what techniques you used to get laid in each area.

Ha ha, will do.

I've got a post saved in drafts about Simla and how beautiful it is, it was purely for travel.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (11-11-2014 08:17 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

I've got a post saved in drafts about Simla and how beautiful it is, it was purely for travel.

Wouldn't mind having a look at it.

While I have never experimented I have first hand reports from Israeli people who have finished their conscription and come to India to try psy drugs like LSD, Mushrooms, Hashish etc that for acid the set and setting
of the foothills of the Himalayas is unparalleled.

Who knew?

I think that's an exaggeration. What better beaches are there with the same well developed tourist infrastructure? Maybe Kerala?

Quote:Quote:

Goa- Swerve, fking shithole that has been annexed by the Russians and Brits and most Indians woth their salt now avoid and if you want beaches there are better places.

Quote: (11-11-2014 10:26 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

I think that's an exaggeration. What better beaches are there with the same well developed tourist infrastructure? Maybe Kerala?

Kerela :

1) Varkala beach
2) Kovalam beach

Andaman and Nicobar islands :

1) Karmatang beach
2) Cobryn Cove

Lakshwadeep islands :

1) Kavaratii beach
2) Agata island beach

Karnataka

1) Malpe beach
2) Gokarna beach

Those were at the top of my head. In general foreigners do not know about these places and they will not know for at least another decade. Right now Sri Lanka is getting all the attention as their government hopes to make the country another Thailand.

Quote: (11-11-2014 02:12 PM)zidhai89 Wrote:  

Those were at the top of my head. In general foreigners do not know about these places and they will not know for at least another decade. Right now Sri Lanka is getting all the attention as their government hopes to make the country another Thailand.

OK, but when you say that most Indian worth their salt avoid Goa is a gross exaggeration. The upper class Indians flock en masse to Goa every December/January. That hasn't changed.

I'm very dubious about Indian beaches...the villagers will shit on the beach without any hesitation (I have seen this in Goa).

Quote: (11-11-2014 04:00 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

The upper class Indians flock en masse to Goa every December/January.

Not at all. Things have changed.

Quote: (11-11-2014 02:12 PM)zidhai89 Wrote:  

Those were at the top of my head. In general foreigners do not know about these places and they will not know for at least another decade.

Sure, that's why they are full of the same hippies that one sees in Goa. Here is what a quick Google search for Gokarna reveals.

[Image: 18.jpg]

Not to mention pokey little "family style' hotels. You expect me to believe that upper class Indians are abandoning 5 star hotels, and champagne brunches in Goa to stay in these seedy hotels?

Are we going to get a look at this? Simla is a place I will be visiting soon.

Quote: (11-13-2014 03:16 AM)zidhai89 Wrote:  

Are we going to get a look at this? Simla is a place I will be visiting soon.

easy mate relax, I wrote it months ago and never finished it haha

Quote:Quote:

It's the land of my ancestors and a country I've had the privilege to visit 4 times. I've never gamed there so do not mistake this as a 'Game Data sheet'. This is a first hand guide to the India I have seen, the good, the bad and the down right ugly. I've visited some of the most magnificent monuments man has ever made, the known birthplace of three major world religions, the birthplaces of 'Gods'. I've walked through slums harassed by unfortunate poor souls, picked fruit on a farm, climbed a tree to hack off coconuts, swam in one of the world's dirtiest rivers and fought with local indian kids.

A bit of background here, I'm going to mention the places you should visit, there is no particular order here, it took me 4 visits and the help of my parents to actually get around so much in such a large country. On my first visit I hated the place due to being so young and getting ill (having a jab in the ass). Before my second visit I had bought and read what turned out to be the most comprehensive book on indian history by John Keay. This gave me an idea of where I wanted to visit in India, the historical places to go, it also gave me an idea of the Indian psyche and why they are the way they are. My third and fourth visits included visiting more of what can be a magnificent country. We did not back pack, we travelled well and stayed in a good hotels and hired good cars/drivers.

Most flights from the UK go to Mumbai, we would never stay in Mumbai for more than a day and would always fly onto another city, in my case this was Bhuj in Gujarat State but on other occasions we've moved onto Goa and Chennai as bases for travel around India. A word to note, avoid India in July to September, this is the rainy season and you will get sick or caught up in floods.

Northern India

Shimla is one of the wonders of India purely because of how different it is to the rest of the country. It's got a mountainside style build and it's not ancient, it's not that old, it's colonial and that's what brings intrigue. If you get the chance to visit Shimla when the snow has fallen, it's when you'll truly appreciate the city. There a lot of English and European style structures here, with a large church being the prominent feature of the city. The main features are right in the heart of the city with tudor style library and the aforementioned church. Jakhu hill is a place to visit, it is 8000 feet up and has a temple on the top, a further 500 feet up is a huge statue of the deity Hanuman. There is a ski resort nearby but we did not visit this but I've heard it's quite popular in Asia. There is no problem with any of the food here from what I experienced, I thought the Nepalese style cuisine was top notch and enjoyed a lot of what I ate.

This is as far as I got, I'm not here to write travel guides to be honest.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (07-29-2015 07:44 AM)arjunsingh Wrote:  

When visitor plan their trip in India, they are extremely excited about their tour. The diverse feature of India attract the traveler of the world.
The Things Keep in mind during India visit.
1. Indian Currency : INR, it comes in the denominations of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000
2. Follow the rules in the heritage sites
3. Ignore street beggars
4. Keep travel guides
For more detail visit http://www.visittnt.com/India-tours

That's all it takes to get laid? Maybe I will book a tour.

Very interesting and precious writing, I want to explore India too, and this post gave me good hints where to start.