rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Baltimore woman falsely cries rape, Mob kills Man

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/marylan...story.html

20-year-old Reservoir Hill woman was sentenced Thursday to six years in prison for what prosecutors called an act of vigilante justice when she led a group beating of a sex offender that turned fatal. Her father was also sentenced to jail time for his role.

Circuit Judge Timothy Doory said Latiqwa Mayes' frustration that the man, Donald Robinson, had not received a stricter sentence from the courts after breaking into her room at a boardinghouse months earlier did "not justify a call to the community to impose physical, violent retribution."

Joshua Insley, Mayes' attorney, said his client was told that Robinson's conviction in May 2013 for assaulting her roommate would trigger a violation of his parole for a prior sex offense, and he would be off the streets, Insley said.

That never happened, and on Sept. 2, 2013, Mayes spotted Robinson walking down the street in the 800 block of Lennox St.

"She's shocked, and that puts this horrible situation in motion," Insley said.

Mayes started yelling, "He raped me. He's a sex offender," attracting the attention of others in the area, police wrote in charging documents. Her father, Willie Mayes, called for someone to stop Robinson, and a group of teens who were in the area playing basketball ran over and held Robinson. Strangers on the street then joined in and kicked and punched Robinson, police said at the time of the arrest, and Latiqwa Mayes pepper-sprayed him.

The incident was captured on city surveillance cameras, which show that Robinson was able to walk away from the scuffle. But he fell ill a short time later and was pronounced dead at a local hospital within 30 minutes. An autopsy found that the beating had exacerbated an existing health problem, Doory said.

Attorneys for Latiqwa and Willie Mays, who both pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in September, said they never intended for Robinson to die.

"They wanted him to never come back, with good reason," said Insley, who said Latiqwa Mayes needed treatment and counseling, not continued incarceration. She has been in segregation in an 8-by-12-foot jail cell for the past 13 months.
cComments

These vigilante thugs should have gotten a stiffer sentence. We sentence pot smokers to stiffer sentences. I guess Baltimore does not take cold-blooded murder seriously.
SwordOfMana
at 4:32 PM November 02, 2014

Add a comment See all comments

But Assistant State's Attorney Tonya LaPolla said the attack went too far and the suspects hadn't shown enough remorse.

Doory said the attack was "an act of vengeance" and "an act of retribution that went too far," and required punishment. He sentenced Latiqwa Mayes to 10 years with all but six years suspended.

Willie Mayes, a military veteran who proudly noted that he had been sober for five years, was sentenced to 10 years in prison with all but two years suspended, with credit for 10 months time he had already served.

"I don't think anyone thought these punches were designed to kill someone," Doory said. "But because of [Robinson's] vulnerable condition, they did kill him."

Kwan Blackburn, 18, one of the teens who ran over to stop Robinson, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was given a suspended sentence and four years' probation.

++++++++++++++

I don't know how to feel about the light sentencing, other than to say if you do a crime in service of a woman, you're looked up favorably.

If some d-boy would have fingered dude as a snitch, the whole squad of kids would have gotten decades in the smaller.

WIA

Jesus women been getting men killed on false rape claims for a while... This is a modern day lynching...

Meanwhile: USA up in arms about a Pakistani mob lynching a man after whom someone shouted "He burned a page of Quran! He's an infidel!"

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I hate white knights.

Quote: (11-06-2014 03:24 AM)JoyStick Wrote:  

I hate white knights.

Black Knights in this case?

lol

It's an interesting juxtaposition next to the Catcall/Harasser video

WIA

Quote: (11-06-2014 03:21 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Meanwhile: USA up in arms about a Pakistani mob lynching a man after whom someone shouted "He burned a page of Quran! He's an infidel!"

It was a man and his wife, and the burning to death was quite intentional.
Not exactly equivalent.

The father should have got the death penalty for naming his daughter "Latiqwa"

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (11-06-2014 03:38 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

The father should have got the death penalty for naming his daughter "Latiqwa"

Believe me, the mother did that, and the father allowed it.

The stories I could tell.

WIA

Quote:Quote:

[judge] Doory said the attack was "an act of vengeance" and "an act of retribution that went too far," and required punishment.

[Image: resized_conspiracy-keanu-meme-generator-...d21a4e.jpg]

Only six years? Whatever happened to the eggshell skulled plaintiff rule?

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Quote: (11-06-2014 03:36 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2014 03:21 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

It was a man and his wife, and the burning to death was quite intentional.
Not exactly equivalent.

Yes, but these aren't the factors I'm pointing out. I'm not saying that Pakistanis are white knights. What I am pointing out is:

A) the spontaneous action of a mob - absence of trial or calling for authorities
B) acting through hatred for a ridiculously generalized category (infidel/sex offender)
C) impossibility of proving the actual crime mentioned (rape/burning Quran)
D) serious and lethal violence right on the spot

That the actual victim ended up beaten and maced to death rather than burned to death doesn't make it any less despicable in my view.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

What this lying psycho and her white knights did was screwed up, but I want to know more about what he did.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (11-06-2014 10:22 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

What this lying psycho and her white knights did was screwed up, but I want to know more about what he did.

Probably not loan her 20 dollars [Image: angel.gif]

this incident does much to disprove the radical/liberal feminist construct known as "rape culture". if rape was so ingrained or accepted in our culture (and even encouraged as some whackos argue), why in the hell would these guys, white knights though they were, be so willing to pound the guy accused of it into the street? that's not just worshipping the pussy, it's something well beyond that.

other men don't like, respect or sometimes even tolerate other men who are rapists. this flies in the face of the fictional "rape culture".

Quote: (11-06-2014 04:01 AM)getdownonit Wrote:  

[judge] Doory said the attack was "an act of vengeance" and "an act of retribution that went too far," and required punishment.

The eggshell skull rule applies in civil tort cases.

Quote: (11-06-2014 09:44 PM)lurker Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2014 04:01 AM)getdownonit Wrote:  

The eggshell skull rule applies in civil tort cases.

Correct. I hadn't even heard that term since the first month of my first semester of law school in Torts class. The evidence must have been pretty strong for her lawyer to recommend a plea in this case. It's not always so easy for the state to convince a jury of the Defendant's guilt in that particular courthouse.