rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Broke Party Chick Bailed Out of Expensive Uber Ride by Thirsty Chumps [retitled]

Broke Party Chick Bailed Out of Expensive Uber Ride by Thirsty Chumps [retitled]

Interesting read, but sets a bad precedent. Basically this woman agreed to a 9x Uber fare on Halloween night, didn't understand how it worked or how much it was going to cost her, then when she found out a 20 minute ride cost her $360, she crowd funds away the problem.

http://www.businessinsider.com/women-rai...de-2014-11

And once again, no lessons are learned or consequences had. Wonder how this would have panned out for a 50 yo guy.

how many simps and afcs contributed to that crowd funding? too damn many. and all because of white knighting and thirst.

makes me frustrated to say the least. so long as women don't actually suffer consequences (because of legions on blue-pill men crawling all over themselves to alleviate them) they won't ever feel the need to learn from or take responsibility for their mistakes.

Who wants to pay my car insurance for me for no reason? Exactly.

What strikes me most about this bitch is how connivingly dishonest she is in and how she's pretty much rationalized her own fable of the event. If she would've simply said, "Look, It was the night before my birthday, it was Halloween, I went partying, I got an Uber ride, and I paid out the ass for it 'cause I was too drunk to read. Help me please," it would've at least been honest.

However, she choose to manipulate what happened and spin it into her own fairy tale of woe by omitting several saliant points:
1) Uber DID NOT RIP HER OFF. You have to acknowledge a surchage/rate hike before booking a ride - dozens of Uber riders pointed this out
2) Her math is way off. Use her numbers and basic arithmatic. She wants us to believe that she thinks a 20-minute Uber ride will cost around $3-4 since that's "all the money she had [Image: sad.gif][Image: sad.gif][Image: sad.gif]". Whatever. - Dozens of people have also pointed this out.
3) Beyond the lies, I don't give a fuck. How many times have YOU done something irrational while drunk...or even when sober? Know what you do? Deal with it. Or at the very worst, ask your personal friends for help by telling the honest story of what happened, not pander to a bunch of internet fucktards with a contrived story that falsely impugns the credibility of Uber.

In the words of my father, "Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my behalf."

Shitty thread title.

Her instagram account is private, but her bio links to a response article from her basically stating that the donors were friends and family, and the publicity has caught her off guard, etc. etc.

Though, she is a writer herself. [Image: dodgy.gif]

And she makes sure to take one last shot at Uber's pricing policies.

Nevermind. Not worth even trying to make a joke about pathetic female behavior.

Thread had potential. I read about this yesterday and it got me boiling. Uber makes you aknkwledge and accept "surge pricing", plus no broke bitch has any reason to take cabs like she's balling with money like that. I took a tram on Halloween, I had to switch venues last minute because of the time and weather. I didn't want to bother with a long trek home so I chose a bar on street with a direct route so I didn't need to transfer. I got home in 15mins after the bar for a cost of $3.00.

Quote: (11-05-2014 11:33 AM)Socrates Wrote:  

Though, she is a writer herself. [Image: dodgy.gif]

They're all typists.

Its gay she had other people bail her out no doubt... but why was it $360 dollars for a 20 min cab ride?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (11-05-2014 04:05 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Its gay she had other people bail her out no doubt... but why was it $360 dollars for a 20 min cab ride?

During high demand times Uber has a multiplier on its fares. The truth is during shit show nights like Halloween and NYE a lot of cabbies don't want to work and deal with a bunch of drunken fags. So because of that Uber offers cabbies an incentive to get more cabs on the road to serve the demand. If its peak and 4X the normal amount you pocket that surplus as a cabbie.

Peak demand after the bars is max 30 mins. Sometimes just walking to the next busy street is enough or you do what I do and take transit the other direction to be ahead of the cab surge and catch a cabbie trying to head into the storm to swoop costumers. Its funny how quick even just walking 3 blocks the other direction can get you a cab. This is simple little things that whiny bitches and drunken goons forget but makes all the difference.

This broad had a long as trip and used the multiplier which is both equally stupid. She had to agree to it all its not so its not like its all 100% shady, but if I got some drunk clown in the back and I know I get my money via a CC, I'm taking the long route. Some people stop for drive in food in cabs even adding more to the fare. No boundaries for entilited people. This women's actions show she has been bailed out many times before. Wait until she is 30 and saggy and let's see how many more freebies she gets.

The woman was dumb, but 9x fare is usurious.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Damn thirsty simps ruining it for the rest of us.

Quote: (11-05-2014 07:05 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

The woman was dumb, but 9x fare is usurious.

Yep. There are a couple reasons taxis are regulated, and this is one of them.

Quote: (11-05-2014 10:44 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Shitty thread title.

Re-titled.

Before: "Yet again, no consequences for bad choice by woman"

After: "Broke Party Chick Bailed Out of Expensive Uber Ride by Thirsty Chumps"

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

[Image: 121430865_847bce09d4.jpg]

Quote: (11-05-2014 11:08 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

Some practice questions on the back for America's young girls:

Barbie sleeps with Ken's friend Ben and then the next night sleeps with Roger before going over to Mike where he finishes on her face. How many condoms does Barbie need?

Barbie has $20 how many pills of molly will she need for Saturday's club assuming she is taking 4 friends and maybe Ken will go home with her afterwards?

Barbie is getting divorced with Ken how much alimony will she get in NY if Ken's net worth is $700,000 and he has an annual salary of $65,000 ?

Quote: (11-05-2014 11:15 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Quote: (11-05-2014 11:08 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

Some practice questions on the back for America's young girls:

Barbie sleeps with Ken's friend Ben and then the next night sleeps with Roger before going over to Mike where he finishes on her face. How many condoms does Barbie need?

Barbie has $20 how many pills of molly will she need for Saturday's club assuming she is taking 4 friends and maybe Ken will go home with her afterwards?

Barbie is getting divorced with Ken how much alimony will she get in NY if Ken's net worth is $700,000 and he has an annual salary of $65,000 ?

1. None, Ken has said he doesn't want to get married and doesn't want kids.

2. This is a trick question. Barbie will not have to spend any of her money because her orbiters will give her all the pills she wants.

3. All of it.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (11-05-2014 11:15 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

[Image: tumblr_mcn01fxAEl1rea3rao1_500.jpg]

girl gets drunk, makes decision to go home with the alpha uber
wakes up next morning and claims uber raped her
luckily uber had her sign a consent form and avoids going to jail
she gets other betas to pay for her abortion using rape story