rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Psylium husk

Psylium husk

I wanted to write about this interesting fiber supplement. I started adding it to my protein shakes before bed.

Needless to say, I've become a regular guy!

Stuff is flavorless and mixes well into a whole milk protein shake. If you're struggling to get fiber in your body try this stuff. Buying it in bulk is the best way to go.

Psylium husk

I use the pill version.

I am on Keto, which is mostly fats and protein. My natural ability to pass shits when I eat nothing but bacon, steak, fish, chicken and very small amounts of veggies is hard.

Using stool softeners and Psylium husk has made my life better. Becoming "regular" has made me feel so much better and it has improved my state of mind. No joke.

Something just isn't right if you're carrying around a little too much crap.

Psylium husk

I mix my psyllium husk with potato starch and drink it down every day. Both are flavorless and cheap with lots of health benefits.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Psylium husk

When mixed with just water, you have to drink psyllium quickly or else you're gulping down a glass of sludge. It does work wonders, and your shits slide out effortlessly. It's as if your chutney pipe was lined with ball bearings.

I'm shitting so much fiber I get rope burns, lol!

“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”

- George Carlin

Psylium husk

Its insoluble right? Just meant for scrubbing the insides and sliding the shits out? I used to take the pill version but I read the pills are dodgy and its best to gulp down the denser husks in free form.

I usually stick to flax meal for my fiber buy if people are saying the husks mixe well I give it a other try.

Psylium husk

delete

Psylium husk

Quote: (11-05-2014 07:15 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

I wanted to write about this interesting fiber supplement. I started adding it to my protein shakes before bed.

Needless to say, I've become a regular guy!

Stuff is flavorless and mixes well into a whole milk protein shake. If you're struggling to get fiber in your body try this stuff. Buying it in bulk is the best way to go.

This seems interesting. How much are you adding of this stuff into to your shakes?

Psylium husk

Quote: (11-05-2014 05:27 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Its insoluble right? Just meant for scrubbing the insides and sliding the shits out? I used to take the pill version but I read the pills are dodgy and its best to gulp down the denser husks in free form.

I usually stick to flax meal for my fiber buy if people are saying the husks mixe well I give it a other try.

Like frenchie, I also add them to my protein drink, but not every day. I usually put a heaping spoonful in with my protein shake. My shake usually consists of a banana, two scoops of protein powder, a few ice cubes, water, and the psyllium powder. I find that, with a blender, it incorporates well and thickens the shake up. I like to think of it as the health-food version of xanthan gum. It adds to a mouth-feel which imitates a shake made with whole milk.

Other days I will skip breakfast and have three of the pills to give me a full feeling in the morning without calories or carbs. Depending on your recent meals and your stomach, this may lead to midday indigestion and a sudden urgent need to go.

I have purchased both husk and husk powder. Get the husk powder. It mixes better.

Psylium husk

I only add 1 tablespoon. I did 2 once and had all sorts of farts for an evening.

I should also have mentioned the stuff I use is psyllium husk powder.

Psylium husk

I have made bread without grains and then I mostly used psyillum and almond powder.
Actually quite good,only one carb a slice. But psyllium bloates and fills me up in a strange way.
Like I have stomach full of gas and can't burp or fart it out.

Psylium husk

Alright so according to this picture of Psylium Husk Powder, 1 tablespoon is roughly 7g of Dietary Fiber. Pretty good!

[Image: 71FoTFj9JIL._SL1500_.jpg]

Product Link: http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Psyllium...B002RWUNYM

I'll try looking for this at Costco.

Psylium husk

I put 1 or 2 tablespoons in a 32 oz morning smoothie.

no taste, but will vouch for the fact that it is extremely helpful in moving your bowels.

I bought a large can at a healthfood store for under 10 bucks, should last a month or more.

Psylium husk

Recently working away from home for a few weeks, eating in a canteen. Lots of roasted vegetables on the hotplate, and the difference they made to my GI function was staggering.