rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh on TV Tropes

Roosh on TV Tropes

I was curious the other day wondering what kind of presence Roosh has on TV Tropes, and found a few discussion boards discussing him. I was surprised it wasn't a complete SJW attack, but close:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?dis...&page=2433

Quote:Quote:

I agree about the whole "this video contains autism" crap. Those scum really need to be educated on what autism actually is. More importantly, they need to learn some fucking compassion.

Meanwhile, my mom admitted to me that after the Elliot Rodger killings (if you don't know what that's about, look it up on Google News), she thought of my younger brother. My brother is an MRA and essentially has Elliot's worldview. It was through him that I learned of this creepy manosphere and the pleasant, kind people who inhabit it. My brother essentially turned into a parody of the right wing, saying insightful things such as "society moved the goalposts so far to the left that they think women should have the right to vote" and introducing me to the wonders of Austrian economics, the belief that if the government does absolutely nothing, a totally free market will regulate itself and create all the needed jobs and plenty of good products. Then Elliot comes along, shares my brother's views but not his "alphaness" and social skills, and kills people. Then several of my brother's favorite websites (Roosh V, which he would brag about and tell me how cool and awesome Roosh is, and Return of Kings, which he reads a lot and I caught him reading on my computer while he was visiting) more-or-less justify Elliot's killings.

I doubt my brother will look at their justification of the killings and wake up and realize "wow, these people I worship are scum and my worldview is terrible". The manosphere bashes Aspies all the time (understandable from their point of view, as we tend not to fit their standards of masculinity or femininity), and he's strangely quiet about that EVEN THOUGH HE HAS AN AUTISTIC BROTHER. But literally EVERY SINGLE ONE of my brother's views is just regurgitating what the manosphere says. He is not original. I've seen parodies of people who think like him, and said parodies literally just say what my brother says, since that's all it takes to be a Strawman since his views are that fucking insane.

I am so damn glad that the media is focusing (to a degree) on Elliot's worldviews and this fucked-up internet subculture. I want it exposed and brought to light, so people can see what kinds of damaging worldviews actually exist out there, and combat them. I hope the killings drive people away from the manosphere rather than towards it.

For those unfamiliar with Roosh V, he's written articles with titles like “5 Reasons to Date a Girl With an Eating Disorder, ” “Don’t Work for a Female Boss” and “Biology Says People on Welfare Should Die.”

And this is one of the clowns my brother gets his wonderful beliefs from.

Fun facts: Apparently, some studies show that females with eating disorders are often on the autism spectrum. And people on the autism spectrum tend not to follow gender roles (like the ones Roosh advocates) all that much. So Roosh is unintentionally advocating that people date (and presumably screw) women who will pass autism genes on. The autism that the manosphere tends to hate.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?dis...&page=2498

I hate slut shaming and virgin shaming. My brother supports the sexual double standard, of course, and tries to rationalize it. (Indeed, his favorite thing to say while being condescending is "Just think about it from a rational perspective" and he throws the words "rational" and "irrational" around all the time)

But it tells men to chase women and women to run away from men. And my brother was up my ass for the longest time about how I should lose my virginity, and if I have sex, I'll like it, even though I'm not even attracted to the thought of sex or nudity. "You're not asexual, " he says (btw, he believes that asexuals don't exist. It's probably something the manosphere told him, and his uncritical mind just believed it because it came from the mouth of that loser Roosh). No, I'm not asexual; I'm heterosexual.

I'm so glad I don't live with him anymore.
[Image: laugh2.gif]

Yes, Captain Rational reads Return of Kings.

What's funny is I looked up Roosh and found a PUA site making fun of him, calling him a loser, saying that he claims to have sex 7-8 times a year (meaning that, by Roosh's own standards, he barely does anything), and also saying that no intelligent, educated woman would want him.

I can imagine. I think the PUA world is really just a bunch of losers who have convinced themselves that they're winners, and my brother has some kind of insecurity that draws him to this shit. It has since led him to his other beliefs, such as that the economy will crash and only gold will have value, and stuff like that. And that society is too tolerant of too many things (examples given: women who cut their hair short, goths, women who dye their hair). For a loser in denial, he sure is capable of being abrasive and mean and cocky, but I'm convinced his cockiness is just an act. Indeed, he tells me that women are attracted to that.

Pathetic.

And regarding "feminization", you know, I look at countries like Norway and Denmark and Sweden, with super low crime rates, low recidivism rates and low rates of depression compared to the US, and if that's what "feminization" does, then hey, bring some of that here. I point that out to him, and he says "yeah but there's a lot of feminism there", as though I'm supposed to agree with him that "feminism" (which has multiple meanings, though naturally he tells me it has only one) is always a bad thing. Or that it's somehow the most important thing.
[Image: laugh6.gif]

Maybe some of you guys should edit a Roosh V page on TV Tropes.

Roosh on TV Tropes

The amount of hatred and anger some people with Asperger's seem to have is puzzling to me.

Adam Lanza, Brianna Wu (possibly), Elliot Rodger, and whomever the guy who originally wrote that crap in the first quoted block of text is.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Roosh on TV Tropes

"The manosphere bashes Aspies all the time (understandable from their point of view, as we tend not to fit their standards of masculinity or femininity)"

Wait, I'm actually autistic and I've never seen anyone in the manosphere or an article bash the disorder?

Roosh on TV Tropes

I don't see any actual tv tropes there, it looks like a weird message board for people with depression or something.

This is Troper Counseling Services and Support Group: round two because the old one broke.

In this thread, you can talk about any problems or stress you are experiencing without fear of judgement or condescension. No problem is too small for you to talk about. Do not worry that your problems are annoying or petty or what have you; we're here to help and we're here to listen.

Carry on.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Roosh on TV Tropes

A user actually calls himself CaptainRational?
Confirmed for full of shit based on that alone

Roosh on TV Tropes

There's an obvious joke here but I'll just leave it up to whoever can see what it is.

Roosh on TV Tropes

Quote: (11-03-2014 07:24 PM)Redwood Wrote:  

There's an obvious joke here but I'll just leave it up to whoever can see what it is.
[Image: banana.gif] I think I know, but I'll wait a bit...

Another good bit:

Fundies Say the Darndest Things

Date Rape: Roosh Vöreknote , a so-called "pick-up artist", believes that date rapes simply do not occur.