rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Prying into my career/job

Hey guys when I open sets girls typically immediatley ask "what do you do" or "what is your job".

I give blow off answers which always makes them pry even more to the point that the set becomes "either tell me your real job or I'm fucking blowing you out". I have girls become even angry or aggressive because I wont tell how much I make etc.

Should I just tell them what I do legitimately and quickly change the subject or just keep talking as rapidly as possible to keep things from getting on that subject?

I think it depends on what your actual answer might be.

I'm curious about this myself because I tried Roosh's method of jokingly make something up and it hasnt gone over quite as well as I would've liked

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (04-11-2011 04:51 PM)texaschili Wrote:  

Hey guys when I open sets girls typically immediatley ask "what do you do" or "what is your job".

I give blow off answers which always makes them pry even more to the point that the set becomes "either tell me your real job or I'm fucking blowing you out". I have girls become even angry or aggressive because I wont tell how much I make etc.

Should I just tell them what I do legitimately and quickly change the subject or just keep talking as rapidly as possible to keep things from getting on that subject?

This is the #1 question in DC. I dodge the question and call them out for asking it. Works every time.

"So what do you do?"

Possible answers:

"You first." (take her answer and move the flow of conversation somewhere else)
"Geez so you're one of those."
"I perform magic." (proper delivery and hand motions necessary - this worked like a charm last night)
"I'm a professional clown/mime"

et cetera.

Don't be intimidated. Luckily for me, I have a sweet gig... so when I actually do answer it's an instant DHV.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:02 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I'm curious about this myself because I tried Roosh's method of jokingly make something up and it hasnt gone over quite as well as I would've liked

I have tried Roosh's jokey answer as well and it has failed for me. I give the jokey answer and this is what I have heard back from the girl:

"either cut the bullshit now and tell me what you do for real or I'm turning my back or walking". The set is ruined at this point.

"I perform magic"

Hahah I can see that now.

I like the line rebuttal line as well, I'm gonna have to try that (and the magic one)

Chef In Jeans

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:12 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

This is the #1 question in DC. I dodge the question and call them out for asking it. Works every time.

"So what do you do?"

Possible answers:

"I perform magic." (proper delivery and hand motions necessary - this worked like a charm last night)

et cetera.

Don't be intimidated. Luckily for me, I have a sweet gig... so when I actually do answer it's an instant DHV.

I don't get intimidated. I stand my ground which infuriates them. I have tried variations of the blow off answers you give they *always* draw back to the question of what you do in a demanding way. I have a good job...when do you actually answer the question?

DC women have the gall to ask you how much you make? Damn, that's tactless.

Flip the script. Use social shaming terms that women use to browbeat men. "creepy" and "weird" are good.

Mystery's old "no need to be rude, it's a social environment" works like a charm for girls giving you attitude. Women are ultra-sensitive to social transgressions, so calling girls out on social faux pas always tends to keep them in line.

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:23 PM)spinaroonie Wrote:  

DC women have the gall to ask you how much you make? Damn, that's tactless.

Flip the script. Use social shaming terms that women use to browbeat men. "creepy" and "weird" are good.

Mystery's old "no need to be rude, it's a social environment" works like a charm for girls giving you attitude. Women are ultra-sensitive to social transgressions, so calling girls out on social faux pas always tends to keep them in line.

Have you actually tried this? I can see calling a girl "rude" as ruining a set (whether she is or not).

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:02 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

What problems have you encountered with joke answers?

I mostly get a great response from saying something like "import / export" and leaving it at that.

This response does not come across as trying too hard or too obviously evasive. At the same time it has connotations which sparks their curiosity. Especially when combined casual mention of travel to unusual places.

In a social circle context where the people are linked to my friends I'll usually spill the beans. My actual job is quite a DHV anyway.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:19 PM)texaschili Wrote:  

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:12 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

"So what do you do?"

Possible answers:

et cetera.

I don't get intimidated. I stand my ground which infuriates them. I have tried variations of the blow off answers you give they *always* draw back to the question of what you do in a demanding way. I have a good job...when do you actually answer the question?

What I ALWAYS do is be cocky funny, then switch gears for a moment as if I pause for deep reflection, look into her eyes and I say "look, we're just two people talking, and right now I think you're cool, all you need to know is I do pretty well. And if we become friends then I'll tell you more about myself" then switch back to cocky funny right in front of the bartender with a smile "this service here is piss poor! I almost have a mind to drink someplace else!"

BTW the girl telling you to cut the shit was shit testing you. I'd just tell her "no one's fucking stopping you" with a funny smirk on my face that said "take it or leave it"

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:17 PM)texaschili Wrote:  

I have tried Roosh's jokey answer as well and it has failed for me. I give the jokey answer and this is what I have heard back from the girl:

"either cut the bullshit now and tell me what you do for real or I'm turning my back or walking". The set is ruined at this point.

This was a shit test. Stand your ground.

What I've been using so far is either "guess" or just simply making something up that clearly isnt true and delivering with proper tone and gestures.

I havent gotten any aggression like Texas but as soon as the line left my mouth I could feel the her mood change. It would go from fun and flirty to just cold and rigid. I usually end up letting it slip by the by, never coming out and saying it, but I've had that coldness that comes up completely ruin the entire interaction.

I like to think that being a chef (though I tend to play it down a bit) gives me some good ground to stand on, but Ive gotten really mixed reactions.

One of the most common reactions to my career, when it does come out, is challenge. Granted I havent had that happen since being Enlightened, so I'm sure in the moment I'd handle it better then I have in the past, but still.

Chef In Jeans

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:36 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

What I've been using so far is either "guess" or just simply making something up that clearly isnt true and delivering with proper tone and gestures.

I havent gotten any aggression like Texas but as soon as the line left my mouth I could feel the her mood change. It would go from fun and flirty to just cold and rigid. I usually end up letting it slip by the by, never coming out and saying it, but I've had that coldness that comes up completely ruin the entire interaction.

I like to think that being a chef (though I tend to play it down a bit) gives me some good ground to stand on, but Ive gotten really mixed reactions.

One of the most common reactions to my career, when it does come out, is challenge. Granted I havent had that happen since being Enlightened, so I'm sure in the moment I'd handle it better then I have in the past, but still.

You need to play it up so it sounds a bit more glamorous than what it is. Women don't need to know exactly what you do, leave it to their imagination so it gets their hamster wheel going.

Alright so vague but flashy?

It actually wouldn't be a lie to say that I "frequently cook meals for high ranking CEOs and officials"

Something like that then?

Chef In Jeans

Say you make a mean green bean casserole

This is still one of my favorite questions to answer.

I come up with a new, crazier idea for my job each time. I've perfected my dead-pan to such a degree that I can get 95 percent of bitches to believe whatever comes out of my mouth. They don't think to challenge it, because that shit sounds too real.

I think the last thing I did for a living was glass blower. We talked about glass for like 10 minutes after that. I made every single part of it up, like how I go to the beach at night to get sand that I need for my projects.

I invited her to come next time. [Image: pimp.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (04-11-2011 06:00 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

This is still one of my favorite questions to answer.

I come up with a new, crazier idea for my job each time. I've perfected my dead-pan to such a degree that I can get 95 percent of bitches to believe whatever comes out of my mouth. They don't think to challenge it, because that shit sounds too real.

I think the last thing I did for a living was glass blower. We talked about glass for like 10 minutes after that. I made every single part of it up, like how I go to the beach at night to get sand that I need for my projects.

I invited her to come next time. [Image: pimp.gif]
What other jobs have u used? That's a great idea if everythings believable.

Quote: (04-11-2011 05:44 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Alright so vague but flashy?

It actually wouldn't be a lie to say that I "frequently cook meals for high ranking CEOs and officials"

Something like that then?

I recognize part of your problem. You are presenting yourself as a servant. It doesn't matter that it's cooking for CEO's (not that most girls even know wtf that means). You have to present yourself as a sought after commodity. These chefs that have their own restaurants are servants too, Only they get respect. Why? Because they're in demand. Girls don't want a goddman servant, but that's what an "artist" is. They paint on commission, but are thought of as having higher value. Why? Perception. You have to be perceived as having value and that is clearly in how you are presenting yourself when you give an explanation on what you do.

The frumpy chef's coat? Servant

The "I prepare food for powerful men". Servant. Butlers open doors for powerful men.

Try this (and this is just off the top of my head) "Captains of industry come to me because I make the best pasta puttanesca this side of the Mississippi"

You hit it on the head Fisto. Its partly an issue of being seen as a "servant" its also part being seen as being in a career thats "for a woman" Anyone whos stepped foot in a kitchen knows thats bullshit, most dumb American girls dont.

I deal with a lot of international people on a daily basis and the level of respect I get from people from other countries compared to most Americans is juts ridiculous.

I like the idea that you're going with Fisto, Gmac gave me some really good advice that's right there with what you just said, I think I got this now [Image: banana.gif]

Chef In Jeans

I love having fun with this one, I usually try and make up something ludicrous and hilarious on the spot and see how bad I can fuck with her. A really great one I stole from somewhere (don't remember the source) is "I satisfy women," followed up with "well it's more of a hobby really." I rarely encounter a negative reaction, but in case a girl's giving you shit I like that idea of calling her out for committing a social faux pas. Sometimes if they're begging to know what I do I'll have mercy after a while and give a really vague description that makes them want to dig and find out more (e.g. "I'm in healthcare" or "going to school while I'm here in the US" or "I watch other people save lives").

I don't see the point of trying to be evasive when a girl asks what u do.

When girls ask me I'll just usually tell them in a nonchalant way and then just continue the convo like she didn't even ask.

What's the rationale behind lying or being evasive about it? Most girls just really want to know that your not a bum. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cause unless your doing something that's totally out of the ordinary and legitimately interesting, most girls wont care anyway.

I told a girl I was an international arms dealer once and she didn't even know what the fuck I was talkin about.

Maybe if u joke and tell her that you train dolphins and then come back and say "nah I'm just playing, I'm actually a lawyer", that may interest her some cause of the fact that you actually have a prestigious job. Telling her your a boring ass systems admin is not going to get a major chuckle.

Just tell her what u do and move on

Quote:Quote:

Captains of industry come to me because I make the best pasta puttanesca this side of the Mississippi"

Still doesn't sound impressive IMO. 'Captains of industry' is a strange choice of words and would probably have most girls wondering what you're talking about.

Quote: (04-13-2011 08:24 AM)Gringo Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Captains of industry come to me because I make the best pasta puttanesca this side of the Mississippi"

Still doesn't sound impressive IMO. 'Captains of industry' is a strange choice of words and would probably have most girls wondering what you're talking about.

Wording can be tweaked but the implication that Chad is the prize (people come to him) and not the servant is the important thing.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (04-12-2011 04:29 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

You hit it on the head Fisto. Its partly an issue of being seen as a "servant" its also part being seen as being in a career thats "for a woman" Anyone whos stepped foot in a kitchen knows thats bullshit, most dumb American girls dont.

I deal with a lot of international people on a daily basis and the level of respect I get from people from other countries compared to most Americans is juts ridiculous.

I like the idea that you're going with Fisto, Gmac gave me some really good advice that's right there with what you just said, I think I got this now [Image: banana.gif]

Ever read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain? Check it out; he presents chefs as uber alphas...might give you some ideas.

Remember that you can't go wrong if you treat every question a girl throws your way like a 5 year old asked it. Don't take her seriously and don't ever give direct answers and you'll have her creaming herself soon enough.