rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Apple chief Tim Cook puts focus on gay rights

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-chief-tim-co...12761.html

Washington (AFP) - Apple's Tim Cook on Thursday became the most prominent chief executive to acknowledge his homosexuality, putting fresh focus on gay representation in the boardroom.

Cook's announcement, in an essay written for Bloomberg Businessweek, is a watershed since he is the first CEO of a major US corporation to make such a declaration.

"I think the result is that it will make gay culture more mainstream," said Roger Kay of Endpoint Technologies Associates, a consultant and analyst who follows the tech sector.

Most bizarre quote from Cook - described his sexuality as “among the greatest gifts God has given me.”

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I think it was the media and social groups putting pressure on him.

He's been CEO for a long time and never talked about it. The media had been calling him out for not talking or campaigning his gayness in the quest for gay rights. Could he that he got tired of being harassed to talk about his gayness and finally caved in.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Someone outed him a while back in a tech blog.

This is more marketing than anything else.

Does that mean their bringing back their old fruity logo [Image: huh.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (10-30-2014 02:45 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Most bizarre quote from Cook - described his sexuality as “among the greatest gifts God has given me.”

Especially so since most gays say they would not wish the curse of growing up gay on anyone (cited as a basis for demonstrating "evidence" they were born gay).

So which is it - a curse or a gift to be celebrated?

As for Cook he should be careful not to let the tail start wagging the dog. Nobody's going to care how gay he is or how best he reps the gay community if the products start to falter.

Anyone who ever heard him speak could tell he was gay.

Like it or not though, the reality of the situation is if he's a good CEO. To follow Steve Jobs is a tall order and Cook seems to be doing a good job.

If anything in today's world having a gay CEO is an asset for a company like APPL especially considering their target customer base. Perhaps this was Mr Jobs plan all along.

Quote: (10-30-2014 02:41 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

"I think the result is that it will make gay culture more mainstream," said Roger Kay of Endpoint Technologies Associates, a consultant and analyst who follows the tech sector.

Gay culture is the mainstream culture.

Eh, always was a fruity company.

Not relevant for his job and duty as a CEO: To deliver value to their shareholders.

Quote: (10-30-2014 02:56 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Does that mean their bringing back their old fruity logo [Image: huh.gif]

It's why you can bend the new Iphone over

As if the iPhone itself didn't damage women enough, yet another reason not to buy Apple products.

Probably a contrary indicator that Apple is not doing so well. It's like they want to take the focus off something else.

Quote: (10-30-2014 02:57 PM)Jack198 Wrote:  

As for Cook he should be careful not to let the tail start wagging the dog. Nobody's going to care how gay he is or how best he reps the gay community if the products start to falter.

True, but Cook will sure as hell play the 'gay card' if Apple's earnings and profits start falling off and he's under pressure and in danger of getting fired.

His comments are pretty lame in my opinion. Fine, you're gay, whatever we get it, stop rubbing it in our faces and 'celebrating' it just do your fucking job and shut up. None of us heterosexuals are running around celebrating our heterosexuality and how wonderful we are because of it.

It really sucks how the mainstream media pander to the Gay Lobby and this sort of shit. But that said, I guess he is the first gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company so everyone feels obliged to 'celebrate' his achievement.

Quote: (10-30-2014 03:01 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Quote: (10-30-2014 02:41 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Gay culture is the mainstream culture.

Seriously. As if they could shove it in our faces any more than they already do.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

It's a "gift" to desire getting plowed in the ass?? That's just an asinine comment by Cook.

My prediction: straight people will start pretending to be gay to get hired and promoted, as in "The Wanting Seed" ( a novel I recommend to everybody on the forum).

"The woman most eager to jump out of her petticoat to assert her rights is the first to jump back into it when threatened with a switching for misusing them,"
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

I like the guy. He just kept his sexuality private for ages, but I suspect he was forced to make this announcement.

Quote: (10-30-2014 02:57 PM)Jack198 Wrote:  

Yes. Indeed, whatever the state of Apple's product line I find myself unable to give a solitary runny shit about how gay he is.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

This certainly explains their clientele:

[Image: i-hate-hipsters-17.jpg]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

In all seriousness, why is there such a fuss over if someone prefers penis vs. vagina. That's the last thing I care about when I consider what I buy or the opinions of who I work for. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't want to know about their sex life even if they are straight.

[Image: 23ie5nr.jpg]

[Image: laugh3.gif]

The ball's in your court, Zuckerberg.

Obligatory: http://hahgay.com

But seriously, gay representation in the board room? Is that the new thing, quotas for gay people? Has there been an analysis of average income of gay households so I can call for equal pay for my straight ass? I'll just make it up since thats what everyone else does:

"Did you know straight households make 83 cents per dollar that gay households make, for the same work?!?"

The interesting thing is that gays make more than straights, so perhaps we should push for equal pay because.... It's not fair, right?

Hahaha, time to give some of their medicine back.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.