rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reykjavik, Paris, Barcelona Trip Report

Alright everybody, the forum has given me a lot of solid ideas and blueprints to visit cities, so I figured I'd try to give back and write a quick trip report including the three European cities I visited in the past two weeks. I'm 6'3, 200lbs, athletic build; young professional who's lived in multiple locations in the South, Midwest, and Northeast due to being a military brat.

Reykjavik
- Used the Icelandair stopover option and was here from Saturday-Monday (if you guys want to see Iceland in addition to a Euro city, this is a great option; Icelandair allows you to spend up to 7 days in Iceland before heading to your next destinatiion). Got an apartment on Laugevagar, the main drag of the city, to maximize logistics. I'd been here about two years ago so generally knew the layout of the city. I day drank from about 2PM-7PM, hitting up the English Pub for the majority of the time. Spun the wheel, won a bunch of free beer which I distributed to the 2-3 Brits that were hanging in the bar and tried to game the hot chick bartending and figure out what was going on in the city that night. Same consensus as I reached last time, hit up Vegamot/Prikid/KaffiBariin/B5. Overall, pretty dead, but still a good time getting hammered with fellow English speakers. Headed back to the apartment, got about a 5 hour nap and headed out to B5 first. Smokeshows everywhere (about a 60/40 ratio in favor of chicas) and extremely crowded (allegedly a wedding party was happening there in addition to the normal local traffic). Met two or three chicks, one an extremely sexy brunette teacher, but basically got shut down by Icelandic dudes cockblocking after 15-20 minutes of conversation. Went out to the front porch area and smoked a few cigs, usually asking for a light from the hot chicks smoking, and gamed a few 8/9 blondies in groups of two or three. Decided to bounce after about two hours of not making to much progress; I've got a buddy who's a local celebrity that was heading to Kaffibarinn so I headed that way (about a 3 minute walk if memory serves). The line at about 2AM wasn't bad, and the bar downstairs had about a 50/50 ratio with the majority of women being in the 6/7/8 range. He was in a group of about 8 people upstairs(4 dudes, 4 chicks, two of the four 8s with the other two being 6s); for being a somewhat famous athlete in Iceland, I was a bit disappointed by the fact that the group didn't have more gorgeous Icelandic princesses. Anyways, we start taking shots and decide to move back to B5. There's a significant line there now, but we skip it since we're with the celeb. Once we get inside, it's about the same ratio as mentioned above, with the difference being that a bunch of chicks are now coming up to try to get a piece of the local celebrity; I basically just stayed close and picked up the scraps as the solo American buddy. Got about an early 30s Icelandic chick (really don't remember how, was a train wreck at that point) back to the apartment at about 5/6AM and commenced the festivities. Absolute tomcat in the sack, although she wouldn't shut up about having to call her friends every two minutes. Woke up that Sunday evenng at about 5PM and watched some NFL at Bjarni Fel with some Americans I had met the night before, it's a sports bar that plays most professional American sports, but is shitty in terms of women. I message my buddy and ask him what's good on Sunday nights; he says the English Pub is the place to be so I head there. It's absolutely filled to the brim with Dutch people, as the Netherlands is playing a world qualifying soccer match the following day against Iceland. I'd say 80 percent dudes in the place, with about 90 percent of the bar being Dutch and in groups. I see one chick who's about a 6 getting a drink at the bar and approach. She says she thinks I'm good looking, but that she's bisexual and her girlfriend is waiting for her upstairs. I go with her and try to pull a Vicky Christina Barcelona. They laugh and start talking in Dutch, but ultimately pass. Probably was a bit too aggressive too early methinks. Head back to the apartment to rest up for the last day in Iceland. Basically got up around noon and started day drinking (word to the wise, buy as much booze as possible at duty free in the airport, drinks are extremely expensive) and walked around the city to see what was going on. Fair amount of people walking around, but it was a Monday and the majority were tourists as can be expected. Go back and pack for my flight the following day, and then head to Prikid. I meet a 30-33 year old American chick who's traveling with her mom around Iceland (pretty face, but definitely 30lbs over weight, I would say if I'm being generous she was a 5+). Instant date from Prikid to Halgrimmskirka, where I described verbatim what a tour guide had told me a few years ago, and then we head to Kaffibariinn after I mention it was at one time owned by the Blur frontman (she was allegedly a huge Blur fan). We drink there for about 3 hours, where I would say approximately 50 people were hanging (about 50 percent ratio, surprisingly a good number of 7/8s); we start talking to an older Dutch guy (about 45) and his extremely good looking young girlfriend who were in town for the weekend. We all start taking Brenniviin/Jameson/Jaegermeister/Fireballs heavily. I can barely speak English, but invite my chick back to the apartment. The banging lasted until 330AM, at which point I missed my bus back to the airport and had to buy a 120.00$ cab (another tip, use the airport shuttle, is only 45 bucks one way I believe). Jump on the plane and head to Paris with a severe hangover.

Paris
Get into Paris at about 2PM and link-up with my buddy from back home. He's about 6'3, 190lbs, athletic build, and also a young professional in his early thirties. We end up going to a concert that night, but can't really connect with any of the chicks there. He had gotten in the night before and said he wasn't too impressed with the nightlife. We head to Rue De Lappe, which according to most bartenders and our hotel concierge is the place to be; it's basically a row of about 10 bars in the 11th arrondisement with a decent mix of students/tourists. The place we went to was called Le Balajo I believe; we got there at about 11PM. There was about 60 percent dudes, 40 percent chicks, and seemed to be mostly a late 20s/early 30s crowd, with a few 40+ folks in there. We get a few drinks and eventually two French chicks (one blonde 6 and one brunette 8) come up to us at the bar and start drinking HARD. They were already fairly drunk at that point, and seemed like they wanted to keep the party going. I start talking to the brunette and within about 5 minutes I know that the language skills are going to be a huge barrier to taking this shit to the next level. My buddy fares much better with the blonde, but within about 20 minutes he peters out too. We tried to run some game on other girls in the bar, but it was all very social circly and the bars were close to shutting down at this point (think last call was right at midnight). We decide to head back to the hotel and get a good nights sleep for Barcelona. Get up the next day and it takes approximately 2 hours to get from Oberkampf to Charles De Gaulle Airport.

Barcelona
We land in Barcelona at about 3PM on Wednesday and get a 30 euro cab ride from the airport to the W; if you can afford this place, do yourself a favor and book it. Perfect location, great symbol of your personal status, and just a cool hotel with a shitload of hot cougars in the Eclipse bar (has one of the best views of the city/sea allegedly). Even the most inexpensive rooms are about 300 dollars per night, but the sea view and the fact that chicks love it are worth it in my opinion. We hit the beach for a few hours, and then head to this place called Buenas Migas (they serve pitchers of Sangria for 10 euros, an easy way to get pretty lit for cheap) and take in the beauty of both the seaside setting and more importantly the massive amounts of hot chicks walking by in bikins. We're not really day game guys, so really didn't approach during the day; this could potentially be a day gaming goldmine for you guys though, unbelievable amounts of hot chicks hanging at/around the beach, mostly in groups of 2-4 from what I saw. We grab a quick nap and then hit up a tapas restaurant called Cellar de Tapas on Passeig Don Joan Barbo which was pretty decent; there's a row of about 20 tapas restaurants there that cater to tourists, but the prices aren't too bad and the food is alright. Although we're not big club guys, we head to Port Olimpico on the beach (street is Passeig Maritim) at about 10PM based off some threads on the forum and a few buddies that highly recommended the clubs/bars here; we hit up Eclipse Bar at the W first, but the high drink prices and lack of decent talent at that hour drove us out. Essentially, you have about 10 restaurants that turn into beach front clubs at about 10/11PM depending on the night in the Port Olimpico area (about a 15/20 minute walk from the W). Carpe Diem is allegedly the more upscale club with less of a young tourist vibe, Opium and Shoko are more meat markets, and Pascha is somewhere in between. There's a few smaller clubs too on the strip(Agua and Icebar), and a few further up the board walk that appeared to be open air and more of a bar atmosphere but we really didn't hit them up. We get to Opium sometime around 10/1030PM and start boozing at the outdoor bar. There's quite a few people around, about a 50/50 ratio, with a pretty even spread across a wide spectrum of age (saw mostly teenagers/early 20s, 25-30s, and a few 40-45 business types). I see a hot chick (8+, petite, classy look with shoulder length brown hair and a nice rack) come up to the bar by herself and start smoking a cigarette. I use the, can I borrow your light line to start a conversation. Find out she's from France and I proceed to tell her how I think Paris blows; she agrees, she's from Southern France and can't stand Parisians or the city. We talk for about 20 minutes, and she says she has to leave and excuses herself. Whatevs, at this point the club is heating up and there's quite a few more early 20s chicas in the inside area near the DJ. I talk to my buddy, who says press on, she's one of the hottest chicks in the club and seemed to be into me. I tell him I'm not going to be a creep and follow her. At this point she walks up and continues the conversation with markedly more indicators of interest; constant smiling/laughing, great eye contact, and continuing to drink (at a quicker rate too). I mention that we should go next door to Shoko (we had got free entry from one of the door men earlier; one of the only perks to going to the clubs before 11PM; they usually cost between 10-20 euro I believe, with one drink included upon entry) and she kind of balks at it so I table the idea. We drink and talk for about another 20 minutes, generally revolving around travel and the places we'd been in the world. She slams about three more drinks (vodka soda, vodka tonic is my drink so we debated at length which the better drink was), and I figure it's time to try again. This time, I mention we're staying at the W Hotel and that the Eclipse Bar is a pretty awesome place to get a drink. She says that she's been to Barcelona multiple times and has only been to the W once, and that she loves the hotel. She quickly agrees to come back. We get in a cab and head into the hotel; we smoke on the balcony and talk for awhile before heading in. The line is pretty long, which prompts me to suggest we grab some vodka back at my room. Once inside, we have half a drink and then start making out heavily; I get her completely naked, am about to take her to poundtown, and then she freaks out and says I move to fast and that she can't do it. I try to convince her to stay, but she ain't havin it. She puts her clothes back on and leaves. I finish her drink and mine, and then head downstairs to have a smoke before heading back to Opium to find my bro. She's coming back in the door, and I tell her that it's pretty fucked up to flake like that. We go outside and smoke a cigarette, and she proceeds to tell me her life story. Fucked. Up. Shit. Suffice it to say, this chick had allegedly lost her entire family to freak accidents/abduction in the past few years, had been in a massive car accident, had gotten a divorce, etc. I tell her not to worry and that everybody has fucked up personal shit. She says vodka makes it better. I say let's go finish our drinks (which I had already finished). She smiles and says OK. As we're walking to the room, she says she wants to have sex but that it's been a long time and she needs to drink a few more drinks. I say, we can do that. Once back in the hotel room, she has a drink and I take her to the bone orchard. One of the best lays of my life. We bone a few more times and then she leaves at about 4AM because she has a flight at 2PM the following day. My buddy gets back at about 430AM unsuccessful and pissed off. We head to sleep and have to get up at 1130PM because we booked an Airbnb apartment for the remainder of our stay. Do the whole beach/sangria thing again during the day, head to the clubs in Port Olimpico at night. We go back to Opium at about 11PM, and guess who's there. French Girl. I'm in the bathroom, but my buddy says that she says she missed her flight and that she was going to hang here for another night. My buddy mentions that we've got an apartment overlooking the beach now; she says, you're not staying at the W anymore? He says no. She leaves and starts talking to a group of four dudes. I get out and say what's up while she's talking to the four dudes, she smiles but basically brushes me off. I get pissed off and tell my buddy we've gotta go before I crack somebody in the face. He says don't worry, she's high on something, pupils are the size of saucers. We go next door to Shoko, and hang at the bar inside. This place is fucking LOUD, about twice as loud as Opium from what I recall. The bartenders are absolute stunners though, all look Eastern European with a mixture of fake boobs/curvy figures and svelt athletic types. It's a slightly worse ratio, about 40/60, but still quite a few hot chicks, more seemed to be in the 35-40 age group than Opium. We got eye fucked by a few groups of 2-3 cougars, but after approaching nothing really seemed to materialize. We go out to the beach after the bars close at about 430AM (there were quite a few people on the beach drinking/doing drugs from about 11PM on, but most of it seemed to be couples or big groups of friends; sure we could have worked our way in if we would have put in a little effort early in the night). We're drinking cheap 1 euro beers that middle eastern/africans are peddling on the beach, and you know who walks by with a black guy and grabs my arm. Taking in mind I was extremely intoxicated, I kind of beta'd it up and chased after her to my shame. She's obviously fucked up on something more than beer, and this Spanish dude next to me goes up to her and says something; she slaps him and runs off onto the beach. This time I don't follow and ask the Spanish dude what he said to her. He laughs and says she's here every weekend and a huge slut; direct quote, "She deep throated me on the beach last weekend man." Haha. We go back and see her talking to some homeless dudes on the way back to the apartment; thank God I wrapped it up. Friday we go to Shoko again, and head to the outside bar which is playing American Top 40 stuff as opposed to the house music inside, and at a much more bearable volume. As we're walking down the boardwalk, we see two extremely hot blonde chicks eye fucking us as they're eating at Carpe Diem. We run into three fairly hot French Canadian chicks that just got back from Ibiza (25-30 years old, one 7, two 8s). I start talking to the oldest one and am dirty dancing with her, my buddy's hanging in the corner talking to a group of British chicks. I see the two hot chicks eating at Carpe Diem dancing in close vicinity and approach; they're Germans, so I start speaking a little Deutsch to them (studied it for awhile in college and have a German grandma, so not quite fluent but can get around). The conversations going good, but I get the overwhelming feeling that they're just here to party/dance and really have no desire to do anything other than get validated by dudes hitting on them. Meanwhile, two Candians from the same province walk up and start spitting game to the two hotter ones, and over the course of the evening we rochambeau for the hotties. The third one apparently ran off to the beach with some French dude. Bottom line, I lose out due to an inability to speak fucking French and the chick I was going for was in a long term relationship; my buddy got a few of the British checks numbers but nothing really happened over the next few days. We go to one of the bars up the boardwalk and he opens a group of three fairly attractive German chicks. I go way to aggressive and immediately suggest we go back to our apartment to drink vodka until the sun rises. They decline and the nights over. Saturday we head back to Opium; hit on a group of two Swedish girls (18 and 20, 5 and 7 respectively) at the outside bar; they're a bit too young, so we hit on two Russian chicks (one 6 and one 9) although the language barrier quickly makes it impossible to carry on the interaction. Run into a group of two Aussies (6s) and two UK chicks (9s); we talk to them for about 30 minutes and start drinking heavily, although the chicks turn out to be students and say they can't afford to drink too much at this club (Heinekens were 8 euros, cheapest drink available; mixed drinks were 12-14 euros). They say they're going inside to dance, we opt to stay outside and not chase them (should have, in retrospect). We start talking to another group of swedish chicks (mid-twenties, both 6s); at this point in the night (3AM) we're pretty fucked up, and the Swedish chicks invite us to sit on a couch and drink. They order shots (not for us, unfortunately), and we talk for another 30 minutes before they suggest we dance. We go out there and start cutting rugs like whirling dervishes. Absolute drunken horrible dancing. Dirty dance for awhile, and the club shuts down at about 430AM. We go outside with the chicks, and they ask how we're getting home. I say taxi, my buddy says walking. They look at each other, speak in Swedish for a minute, and then say they're going home. Fuck. Oh well, we go drink some cheapo beers on the beach and head back to the apartment. Sunday is slow, we head to the beach and then to Eclipse/Opium for the last night; Eclipse is filled with 30+ year old chicks, mostly with dudes though, and what looked like an oil sheiik with about four extremely hot chicks (probably pros). Hit on a few groups of two cougars but they quickly got pulled to the "VIP area" with dudes buying bottle service; dry hole, we head to Opium. Opium is filled with Swedish chicks, we make a few half hearted attempts but had to fly out early in the morning and left around midnight just as it was heating up. One more jaunt to Paris which I'll detail in my next post.

Dude you need to edit this and format it for about 15 minutes. It's impossible to read. Once I got to Barcelona I stopped reading.

My first trip to Paris I stayed on Rue du Lappe after reading online that it was a great nightlife area. That's a crock of shit. Le Marais was way better.

For some reason on Rue de Lappe talent drops way off. The bars mostly suck, lots of tourists and uglier crowd.

I know Paris is expensive but it'd be nice for someone to do a thorough datasheet. It's one of the most under-reported cities on the forum IMO.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Agree with veloce.

Did you forget how to paragraph?

Awesome stuff, I didn't even notice the lack of paragraphs.

Sorry about the stream of consciousness post, just tried to do it chronologically and wanted to include as much detail as possible. I'll do some editing next time and try to figure out a better format for trip reports for the final few days in Paris.

Quote: (10-27-2014 07:15 PM)RupertPupkin Wrote:  

Sorry about the stream of consciousness post, just tried to do it chronologically and wanted to include as much detail as possible. I'll do some editing next time and try to figure out a better format for trip reports for the final few days in Paris.

Rupert, what's your age, as you kept mentioning that students were too young for you. Also, note to self, learn at least some conversational French/Spanish if you're gonna hit those 2 countries, it will double your notch count for sure [Image: banana.gif]

I'm 30. Kind of live by the half the age plus 7 rule, but definitely have made exceptions in the past.

Cool report. I miss BCN.