rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Haunted lodgings : Stay or avoid?

In the spirit of Halloween, I'd like to know if you guys have ever stayed in a haunted hotel/motel/couchsurf/apt/whatever. Or maybe even driven thru a haunted road/highway at night.

How was the experience?
Did you know before hand or only found out when you were already there?
Would you rather you had prior notice so you could have avoided the place or did you find it interesting/fun?

Places that come to mind are the Satanley Hotel or the museum that has 'Annabelle'

[Image: stanley-hotel-ghost-child-face.jpg]

[Image: Annabelle.jpg]

I wouldn't do it. I get pretty jumpy about that kind of thing.

Sometimes I think the house I'm staying in now is haunted. Big house, makes creepy noises. Sounds like a door shut when no one else is home, etc...

By the way- saw the movie Annabelle. Terrifying. I would never stay in the museum that has that thing in it. The movie couldn't use a Raggedy Anne doll for copyright reasons- the real one is much scarier looking. Should still be in theatres.

There is a story that someone tapped the glass display case where the real doll is kept and asked "Waddaya gonna do, come after me?" in a mocking manner- and then died in a car crash on the way home.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Quote: (10-27-2014 09:15 AM)NovaVirtu Wrote:  

I wouldn't do it. I get pretty jumpy about that kind of thing.

Sometimes I think the house I'm staying in now is haunted. Big house, makes creepy noises. Sounds like a door shut when no one else is home, etc...

By the way- saw the movie Annabelle. Terrifying. I would never stay in the museum that has that thing in it. The movie couldn't use a Raggedy Anne doll for copyright reasons- the real one is much scarier looking. Should still be in theatres.

There is a story that someone tapped the glass display case where the real doll is kept and asked "Waddaya gonna do, come after me?" in a mocking manner- and then died in a car crash on the way home.

I find this kind of stuff extremely fascinating.
I have some unexplainable supernatural experiences.
But I'm trying to stay away from that stuff because it's so interesting so I'll get obsessed with it and only ends up wasting my time.

I'm convinced that Christianity destroyed a lot of ancient traditions and knowledge that humans knew about spiritual things. It's sad, many of those things have disappeared during modern times.
There is alot of things we have to relearn about spirituality because of that.

I love haunted places, and I would stay in one if I had the chance!

Living in Charleston...everything here is haunted.

If you scared..go to church...
Or invite me...so I can try to get the ghost on video

I am the cock carousel

The house doesn't even have to be haunted to use Haunted House Game.

You: You know this house is haunted…?
Her: Reeeally?? (starts clinging, kino escalates…)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCh-fjUDxDbI2Kfs4r1Ho...NgHGJyS9jw]

Most of you probably live in a very old city, and in an old building.
I wouldn't be surprised if people have died in the room you are sitting in right now.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (10-28-2014 06:22 AM)spalex Wrote:  

Most of you probably live in a very old city, and in an old building.
I wouldn't be surprised if people have died in the room you are sitting in right now.

And?
A house is not haunted or have ghosts just because someone has died there.

Delete

I love all this shit, I've experienced some things but never really sought any of it out. There's a few paranormal meetup groups near me with a surprising amount of member (300+), thinking about joining just for shits and giggles plus I bet the girls would be cool and the people interesting in general.

Quote: (10-28-2014 06:35 AM)aeroektar Wrote:  

I love all this shit, I've experienced some things but never really sought any of it out. There's a few paranormal meetup groups near me with a surprising amount of member (300+), thinking about joining just for shits and giggles plus I bet the girls would be cool and the people interesting in general.

Indeed.
But be prepared to meet a lot of freaks and strange and obsessed people.
That kind of štuff is fascinating and interesting but it's also addictive as hell and some people become very obsessed with it and can't think clearly.

All of a sudden they think that everything and anything that happens around them has something to do with paranormal activity.

Keep that in mind if you go.

I find it weird how so many places in America are haunted in comparison to places in Europe. Considering you've only had 200+ years of habitation compared to the 1000's of years over here.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (10-28-2014 06:48 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

I find it weird how so many places in America are haunted in comparison to places in Europe. Considering you've only had 200+ years of habitation compared to the 1000's of years over here.

Yeah. Try to explain that one.

Quote: (10-28-2014 06:58 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

Most horror stories I read about are American, in fact it seems so many haunted places are in America.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (10-28-2014 07:07 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

Most horror stories I read about are American, in fact it seems so many haunted places are in America.

But why is it like that? It should definitely be the opposite?

Well, American stories, history and what not spread across the world through media and entertainment. I know for a fact there's lots of spooky spiritual stuff that goes on in Albania but only because I have friends from there, if it weren't for them telling me I'd never just come across that info. I've seen a lot of paranormal stuff about the UK on TV, again, not an insular society, a place you generally hear a lot about.

If any of you guys are traveling through the southwestern US you may wan't to check out the St.James Hotel.

This place is fascinating. It's located in Cimmaron, New Mexico (aka middle of fucking nowhere). It was founded in 1872 by Henri Lambert, who previously worked as Abraham Lincoln's personal chef.

The hotel became a popular rest stop with thugs and outlaws of the Old West. Many famous figures from this time like Wyatt Earp and his brothers, Jesse James, Buffalo Bill stayed here. There was frequent violence and quite a few people were shot and killed here. The hotel is rumored to be haunted by some of these people.

I visited the place a couple years ago and drank in the bar, where a lot of the shootings happened. There are numerous bullet holes in the ceiling. The upstairs hallway has several signs like this:

[Image: qDb4ODZ.jpg]

Several of the rooms are padlocked due to hauntings. I took a video of one of the rooms where the lock was swinging gently- no one had touched it. I'll see if I can upload it later.

It takes forever to get there the but the scenery in the region is absolutely breathtaking. Well worth it if you have the time.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

People have inhabited the Americas for thousands of years. Some call them "Indians" or "Native Americans." You may have heard of them.

A lot of the ghost/folklore stories in my area are based in Native American and Civil War history.

Nodoroc -- The Gateway to Hell
http://markgelbart.wordpress.com/2013/01...r-georgia/

A guy I know claims to have seen the "wog" (scroll down) on his land, except that it was half-man/half-wolf.

But now we're getting into he-said/she-said Bigfoot territory...

I heard that there is a headless PUA that comes out on Halloween looking for flags.

Rico... Sauve....

[Image: kQGlLWf.png]

On another note...If anyone happens to be in Charleston while I'm around.. Instead of just swooping the local college girls..I can show you all kinda of historical, haunted or not haunted. places in the city
I've been on at least half a dozen city tours ( Cheap Groupon discounts) at least twice.

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (10-28-2014 10:48 AM)Sombro Wrote:  

People have inhabited the Americas for thousands of years. Some call them "Indians" or "Native Americans." You may have heard of them.

A lot of the ghost/folklore stories in my area are based in Native American and Civil War history.

Nodoroc -- The Gateway to Hell
http://markgelbart.wordpress.com/2013/01...r-georgia/

A guy I know claims to have seen the "wog" (scroll down) on his land, except that it was half-man/half-wolf.

But now we're getting into he-said/she-said Bigfoot territory...

Aye I understand that about Native Americans.

But Native Americans are not the ones haunting houses built in the past 200 years.

The Tower of London for example is thought of as haunted but that was constructed by William the Conqueror, nearly a 1000 years ago. A plantation in Charlestown was not. I think Chaos knows what I mean and I think the media think proposed above maybe true.

For example in the town I'm in there's over 1000 buildings that were built over 500 years ago. Not a single one is known for being haunted.

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

It's always places that are built on an "ancient indian burial ground" that are haunted in the movies. There's Poltergeist, the amityville horror, Pet semetary...probably 10,000 others.

Quote: (10-29-2014 07:58 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

But Native Americans are not the ones haunting houses built in the past 200 years.

Seriously, do you have a roster or census of the local ghost community?

I know houses that are less than 30 years old that have some f'd up poltergeist going on. It's not that the houses are haunted -- it's the land they're on that's haunted.

Never mind haha I'm not superstitious, I'm just trying to work out why there are more hauntings in America than what seems the rest of the world combined. I mean I could ask do Native Americans have a hold on land being haunted?

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos