rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm Going To Help Girls Lose Weight For You But Need Your Help

Hey lads

I have been following ROK and the Roosh Forums and website (and other manosphere sites) for quite a few years now, and one major complaint I see all the time is the decline of Western Women, especially in terms of weight and taking care of themselves.

I have also seen this myself personally, having lived in the UK for the last year.

I wanted to jump on the moaning and groaning bandwagon like many others, but have refused to play the victim and instead decided to do something about it.

I am now working on a product/course and YouTube channel to help Western Women Age 18 - 30 lose that extra flab and get back into decent shape before it's too late.

Ambitious, I know. Especially considering that women in general don't seem to be into the whole self improvement thing as much as men. Maybe I will learn a hard lesson from this, but I'm going to do it nonetheless. It's certainly better than moaning and has the potential for making income and doing good for the rest of us lads out there.

I have tried this on a girl friend and got her down from 10 stone 10 pounds to 8 stone 13 pounds. A UK dress size drop from 14 to 10. (This was in 3 months)

So here are my concerns (other than the self-improvement one I already mentioned) and questions that I'd like your input on:

* What can I do to prepare myself against the hate from anti-fat shamers? Not that I'm going to directly fat shame, but I'm not going to sugar coat things either (especially because sugar isn't part of the program hehe).

* What can I do to prepare myself against social justice warriors? Being a man telling girls to lose weight is a tricky position to be in and may require a bit of political sidestepping.

I have also considered the not giving a fuck approach and doing everything my own way and only working with those serious and interested in the program and not the type to get butt hurt and sensitive over trivial or politically incorrect language or methods, but I would ultimately prefer not to alienate a large segment of the market, which at the end of the day, is money.

So any thoughts would be appreciated. What else should I be on the lookout for that might be a threat to the business?

Thanks!

I had a very bad experince with coaching people, and helping them to get fit. Not one from the 20 sample size made it. They just did not follow through. I just got fed up with it because I put my heart and soul into it, and their attitude is just disheartening.

I hope you have better luck, but in my experience people do not want to work for being fit, they want the magic pill. They rather die from obesity and hearth attack than change their habits.

Deus vult!

Quote: (10-18-2014 02:15 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

I had a very bad experince with coaching people, and helping them to get fit. Not one from the 20 sample size made it. They just did not follow through. I just got fed up with it because I put my heart and soul into it, and their attitude is just disheartening.

I hope you have better luck, but in my experience people do not want to work for being fit, they want the magic pill. They rather die from obesity and hearth attack than change their habits.

Thanks for the feedback. I absolutely understand that risk and human nature. That's why the screening process will be very strict and the price will ensure that we only attract serious members. It will be a small community of 50 - 150 people per program and the criteria to get in will be strict.

I'm not gonna change the culture, but if I can help just a handful of girls (and thus guys) here and there, it is still better than nothing.

We shall see though. Like I said, maybe I'm too ambitious or hopeful [Image: wink.gif]

I had friends in the marines who once worked as trainers. They had the same experience as Glaucon.

IMO the people who are serious about this stuff ironically rarely need coaching. They are either naturally fit and work to keep it that way or very self disciplined with both training and diet. They seek out information and like-minded people themselves. The whole diet and trainer indsutry is aimed toward fat lazy people who want the magic pills.

That said, my main used to be humongous but now she transformed into a slim petite kitten. This is however due to extreme fat shaming in Korea. Being fat in Korea is considered disgusting. A lot of western trainers are setting up base in SEA and EA. Maybe you should consider that?

ROK needs to restart fat-shaming week.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Yep. Same issue i've had with friends and ex girlfriends. Set them up with a routine, schedule, diet. They quit after a month or two. Not worth my time. So now when people ask me about working out I just say nah I don't really work out I take Zumba classes once a week or something.

I get it gentlemen - I have been through the same pains you did with previous girlfriends.

I have learnt that you can't (and shouldn't) help those that don't want to truly change on their own.

Do you not think that maybe the reason it didn't work for us previously might have been because either the girl didn't really want to change and felt it was being pushed on her or? Or, possibly, that the reason it didn't work was that you were approaching it from a man's way of doing things and setting goals and achieving things and approaching it too logically?

If you read the manosphere enough you should know that a common thread is that women are a lot like children and that they work more with encouragement and praise. So, making a program that's so fucking simple a 14 year old could understand it with a community of motivators and cheerleaders might just be the key. I'm not kidding when I say that the core of the program will literally be as simple the as flashcards you were forced to learn in junior school.

This is why I have my concerns about feminists and SJWs. Do you think they will take this dumbed down approach as an insult to women and go on the offense?

And thanks for the questions and concerns - I really want to hear about them and appreciate the honest feedback.

Quote: (10-18-2014 02:10 AM)cheekypaolo Wrote:  

I am now working on a product/course and YouTube channel to help Western Women Age 18 - 30 lose that extra flab and get back into decent shape before it's too late.

So what are you offering that a million other personal trainers aren't?

Quote: (10-19-2014 02:44 AM)Vroom Wrote:  

Quote: (10-18-2014 02:10 AM)cheekypaolo Wrote:  

So what are you offering that a million other personal trainers aren't?

Easy. A dumbed down simple program without all the complicated nutrition and exercise routines designed for the iPhone generation that only has an attention span of 5 seconds. Simple habit changes. Simple replacement of foods.

Remember, this is not supposed to create some miracle transformation from Jabba the Hut to Kate Moss, but rather allow a significant drop to get rid of that extra tire around the midriff and drop 2-3 dress sizes. Think along the lines of someone a little bit chunkier than curvy that needs to shed some weight before their wedding and look good.

That's who I'm targeting.

Perhaps you should put a big emphassis on attitude in your videos.

Make a 'how to lose weight video' with the following script:

Cast:
-- Decent looking chicks
-- Attractive and unattractive men

Props:
-- Fat suits

Synopsis:
There are two groups of girls, the 'I shouldn't have to lose weight for people to like me more' group (A), and the 'I want to lose weight to have a better life' group (B).
Both groups start with fat suits.
Group A spends the whole video talking shit about 'people shouldn't judge', 'my body is just as beautiful as any other body', 'I love cake and couches' etc. As the video progresses their fat-suit gets bigger (perhaps also use 'aging makeup'), and they are rejected in disgust by increasingly unattractive men. Perhaps they are also putting cake into their face as they talk.
Group B spends the whole video talking about 'I don't like how my body makes people react', 'I want to find an attractive boyfriend', 'I'm willing to do anything to change'. As the video progresses the fat-suits become smaller, until they are slim (no suit), and they are chased by increasing numbers of increasingly attractive men. Perhaps they talk from on tread-mills, squat racks, in swimming pools etc and are seen eating salads.
The video should culminate with one of the Group B girls walking past one of the Group A girls with her hot boyfriend, and the boyfriend makes a disparaging remark about the group A girl being a whale or whatever.

Like the other posters mentioned, the actual diet and excercise are trivial. They are mere means, and are available to anyone.
It is the attitude and psychology that causes 99% of the results.

You can lead a horse to water, mate...

As far as dealing with hatred-- Being hated is a feature, not a bug, of a life well-lived.

You might even be able to play on that as a motivator: "Ladies, do you want to be hated as the Skinny Bitch? The one they're jealous of?"

Look how people have uncontrollable urges to rip on the very most successful people like Tom Cruise. They know nothing about him, but I've directed otherwise very intelligent actors who were convinced he was gay and when the guy was discussed instead of the many good films he made, made a point of that; as if it mattered.

They just couldn't stand that he has outdistanced him by a million miles, so they HAD to hate him.

People have almost no choice.

i think you cannot come across as "I help you lose weight" as to me it seems that there is not enough demand for this - especially if effort is involved because the one, that could demand this are not the hardcore fatties, but the 10 pounds overweight ones, no? these still get dick and hence don't have too much motivation and hence i think might not be too relevant for them.

i think you might get them better through the back door and position yourself as good and healthy eating & lifestyle advisor/youtube channel and a nice side benefit is losing weight ...