rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Iron - Article by Henry Rollins

Gents,

This is an article written by Henry Rollins for Details Magazine, but was reprinted by OldTime Strongman website. This is a great read, if haven't a chance to read it, I highly recommend it. I find it very motivating for my lifting goals.

http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/strength...ry-rollins

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

Excellent read, I always liked Henry Rollins as a person without even getting into his music.

Will definitely +1 when I get to my comp.

Crime and Federalism, D&Ps old blog, had a great take on this:

"Henry Rollins' essay, "The Iron," was something I read as an ode to lifting weights. That is the interpretation of a very young man. As I've grown older, his essay is better understood as the value mentorship - or the death of it.

Though you'd never guess it today, Henry Rollins started off as a scared, lost little boy. His life changed because a man took interest in him:

Today a man who invited a boy into the weight room to lift would be called a pedophile. Would you be alone in a room with a young boy? I sure as fuck wouldn't. Projecting her own Oedipus fantasy, some meddling bitch would call the police on me, explaining that any interest with a young boy must be sexual."

http://www.crimeandfederalism.com/2011/0...rship.html

Quote: (09-26-2014 02:17 PM)AfgScarface Wrote:  

Excellent read, I always liked Henry Rollins as a person without even getting into his music.

This. I'm not a fan of his music but the guy himself is just great. His interviews and stories on youtube are worth spending a few minutes to check out.