rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Stevie Wonder Appreciation Thread

Mr. Wonder has more than a few classics, a couple here:

He is a musical genius. His ability to craft beats is legendary, but also is his ability to craft lyrics.

I think he reaches the height of his potential with the song Lately:

Jodeci did a heart-felt rendition on MTV some years back:

All that being said: let Stevie Wonder's brilliance and honesty shine through on this thread.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Ha nice, I made it a mission to see him love when he came down my way. Amazing presence. Master blaster is a personal favourite one of the first songs I learned on bass. Part time lover is another classic, pretty much sums up the modern dating scene

I like him but I give him only 9.5 because I was in love with his voice in "part time lover" when I was very young. I thought he was a she. Man that hurt. Probably like accidently falling for a ladyboy.

He's doing a Songs in the Key of Life Tour this fall, playing the album in its entirety...

Great documentary chronicling the creation of the album:

Yep.

Coming to the United Center in November, gotta see my dude in action

Brilliant artist & great humantarian/activist

MDP

2Wycked you started backwards.

Listen to this three times.

He is a master.

Have always loved watching him play Superstition on the keys.
It's like he is finger banging the ivory without even thinking.

Stevie Wonder is one of the all-time greats. I put him in the same category as Lennon/McCartney, Fagen/Becker, Jagger/ Richards, Holland-Dozier-Holland, etc. etc...

One of my musical heroes. When I was learning to play bass, Stevie was always on.

What great timing here. My girl picked up a record player a couple weeks ago and she got me an old Stevie Wonder vinyl album. Sure I'll be listening to it at her place, but she knows me. Excited, as I have never used a record player myself!

When I was in my early 20s, I was on a summer Euro Backpacking trip. I was staying at a hostel in Lisbon, where a young girl on staff decided to play some music. Suddenly, Sir Duke was blasting throughout the common area.

"Everybody likes Stevie Wonder," she said. "It makes you feel happy."

I happened to have Talking Book on my iPod at the time. It ended up becoming the soundtrack of my time in Portugal.

When I got home a couple of months later, I was at my Dad's who had Innervisions on CD. I ripped it and listened to it for months.

Love Stevie Wonder.

This song gets me PUMPED! If I'm having a bad day I'll play Finger Tips to get my mind right.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Start at 1963 with "Little Stevie Wonder" and go forward:

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

my fav's

I really like "I Was Made to Love Her", but my favourite of his is probably this:

He is just awesome and a much under-appreciated musical genius in the modern era.

Actually met him one time in NYC but just got to shake his hand.

His songs also bring back some pretty warm memories from my childhood in the late 70s and early 80s.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

This thread is right on time. Because I've recently been on this Stevie Wonder binge where I've been going back and exploring his catalog. The stuff he did from the late 60s to mid 70s is just luminary.

My fav songs from him at the moment are "Hey Love", "Superwoman", "Creepin'" and "Too High". Too high is one of my favorite songs of all time of any genre. I usually like the covers people do of it too.

I'm hoping to check him out in Atlanta for his Songs in the key of life tour. He's one of those men I have to see perform at least once and he's getting up in age. I regret never seeing MJ or James Brown perform when they were still here so I can't miss Stevie.

Hugo Montenegro has a whole Stevie Wonder cover album and I love his take on some of Stevie's classics as much as I do the originals. His version of Too High is my favorite by far.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (09-26-2014 08:30 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Wow. Had no idea Sir Elton was in there, too. Legendary.

64 year old Stevie Wonder knocks up his 25 year old girlfriend with triplets:

http://thegrio.com/2014/10/16/stevie-wonder-triplets/

I liked this song as a kid, but didn't realize it was a player song until I was older.

Quote: (09-25-2014 11:43 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

My fav songs from him at the moment are "Hey Love", "Superwoman", "Creepin'" and "Too High". Too high is one of my favorite songs of all time of any genre. I usually like the covers people do of it too.

I'm hoping to check him out in Atlanta for his Songs in the key of life tour. He's one of those men I have to see perform at least once and he's getting up in age. I regret never seeing MJ or James Brown perform when they were still here so I can't miss Stevie.

"Cherie Amour" (the first Stevie Wonder song I ever heard), "Living for the City", "That Girl", and "Golden Lady" are among my favorites. I'd say Top 5 artist of all time easily, can do it all, sing, write, produce, play instruments, the total package.

I remember he came for a show to Baltimore one year and didn't even know about it until that day (wish I'd known ahead of time I would've bought tickets). Never really got a chance to see MJ (his last tour I think was in 1997) or James Brown, the only musician I ever saw live who is now gone is Chuck Brown (godfather of 'go-go' a local music genre in Washington D.C).