rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Hungarian speaker who can translate please?

Hello

I'm heading to budapest in a few days for a few months probably, and would have like to show interest in their culture and language to maximize my chances with hungarian chicks. if someone could help me translate a few sentences would be extremely helpful.

-Hi, do you speak english?
-I'm readysetgo, what's your name?
-You have beautiful eyes
- You have soft hands
-What are you celebrating tonight?
-Do you like traveling?
-Not drinking tonight?
-I'm taking you home tonight
-Let's get out of here

I'll put them in Notes and memorize

I tried google translate but it seems not accurate when i reverse the languages I get something different apparantely.

Thanks a lot guys... appreciation

Wow armed with such phrases the women will not be able to control themselves

Quote: (09-24-2014 04:20 AM)readysetgo Wrote:  

Hello

I'm heading to budapest in a few days for a few months probably, and would have like to show interest in their culture and language to maximize my chances with hungarian chicks. if someone could help me translate a few sentences would be extremely helpful.

Szia, besze'lsz angolul ?

E'n readysetgo vagyok, te'ged hogy hivnak ?

-You have beautiful eyes

Sze'pek a szemeid / Sze'p szemeid vannak

- You have soft hands

I wouldn't say soft hands, would more likely say soft skin which is
Kellemesen puha a bo"ro"d / Your skin is nicely soft

Mit unneplesz ma este ? Mit unnepeltek ma este ?

-Do you like traveling?

Szeretsz utazni ?

-Not drinking tonight?

Nem iszol ? / Nem szoktal inni ? (You dont usually drink ?)

Haza viszlek ma este

-Let's get out of here

Le'pjunk le innen

I tried google translate but it seems not accurate when i reverse the languages I get something different apparantely.

I dont have hungarian keyboard so I may not put in all the accents but put those into google.hu and the correct accents will appear, then put them into google translate andit will give you the right sound there as well.

Quote: (09-24-2014 06:52 AM)TheMusketeer Wrote:  

Wow armed with such phrases the women will not be able to control themselves
My game is direct with vibe and verbally to screen out all the time wasters and take home the good leads (numbers game and a skill). you might get the first girl or the 20th of the night, but you bang more that way and waste less time on frumps.

Quote: (09-24-2014 07:01 AM)eetrader Wrote:  

Hello

Szia, besze'lsz angolul ?

E'n readysetgo vagyok, te'ged hogy hivnak ?

-You have beautiful eyes

Sze'pek a szemeid / Sze'p szemeid vannak

- You have soft hands

I wouldn't say soft hands, would more likely say soft skin which is
Kellemesen puha a bo"ro"d / Your skin is nicely soft

Mit unneplesz ma este ? Mit unnepeltek ma este ?

-Do you like traveling?

Szeretsz utazni ?

-Not drinking tonight?

Nem iszol ? / Nem szoktal inni ? (You dont usually drink ?)

Haza viszlek ma este

-Let's get out of here

Le'pjunk le innen

I dont have hungarian keyboard so I may not put in all the accents but put those into google.hu and the correct accents will appear, then put them into google translate andit will give you the right sound there as well.

Thank you so much man! what a boss.

Should one ask "Mi a neved?" or "te'ged hogy hivnak?" as for asking one's name?

Mi a neved

"I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story." Nas

For "mi a neved" the emphasis is whats your _name_ while as my version the emphasis is whats _your_ name , which just sounds better right after introducing yourself. However as a foreigner with an obvious accent you will get brownie points either way. Better yet, learn both and ask the girls which one they want to hear - easy opener.

EXCELLENT, eetrader, and Hats OFF for going all the distance to "go the distance!" RSG

Hungarian has the reputation as among the most difficult languages, in part because is has no real family analogs like Romance or Germanic languages. It's thought to be easier than Chinese, but among the most difficult tongues in Europe.

But someone (native Engish speaker) posting at Amazon learning Hungarian, suggested that once one gets to a certain basic level, Hungarian is actually easier than German.

Having done German and Dutch, I consider that assessment encouraging. Combine this with a "sleeping dictionary" (ie, a native speaking lover, for those unacquainted with the term) the effort will be rewarded.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Mainly hungarian is difficult is because its spoken by a small country thus foreigners lack the motivation to learn.

This is anecdotal but I have met a french guy who was conversational after 9 months. Hungarian was his 5th language. We talked for an hour on the topic of learning a language (he was speaking hungarian all the way) and he confirmed my views. Its not significantly more difficult, its just a different logic. If you only know hungarian then learning english should have the same difficulty as the other way, shouldn't it ? Yet hungarians learn english all the time and the reason: we have better motivation and it "feels" easier if you are motivated. I have more anecdotal evidence of mixed marriages where you wouldnt be able to tell that which one was the native speaker (albeit after many years) , so its all a question of personal effort and motivation.

Most chicks here speak english bro. I dont think you trying hungarian would get you any further than english, as they are quite meticulous about proper pronunciation and wont hesitate to correct you even though you are attempting to learn their language.

eetrader, your software system doesn't have the ability to switch keyboard formats? I use a Windows 7 and I'm able to switch to almost any language. It's been a godsend for typing in French.

Quote: (09-26-2014 03:44 AM)DMario Wrote:  

Most chicks here speak english bro. I dont think you trying hungarian would get you any further than english, as they are quite meticulous about proper pronunciation and wont hesitate to correct you even though you are attempting to learn their language.

That's good to hear. I read somewhere here that learning some hungarian would boost the game with them, but if it's unnecessary I will just learn the basics i.e. 'Hi do you speak english', 'bye' etc. i'm using google translate to hear how they pronounce it. i'd prefer to learn Portugese and spanish rather than hungarian tbh

Kérem, beszélsz angolúl?

readysego vagyok, önnek/neked pedig mi a neved?

-You have beautiful eyes
(de) szép szemeid vannak
- You have soft hands
-Do you like traveling?
-Not drinking tonight?
haza viszlek ma északa
-Let's get out of here
húzuk a csíkot innét!

Just a few to get you started. I'm in the Philippines now, so my Hungarian might be a bit rusty. Remember, exact pronunciation is important. Good luck!