rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Are Women so Incapable of Surprising You?

Kind of a trivial topic off the top of my head, but it amuses me to no end how horrible women are when it comes to successfully surprising someone. I'm talking about when a woman wants to show up early after some time away and surprise you (maybe catch you off guard is a better way to put it? haha) or throw a birthday party or just keep your Christmas present a secret.

I don't know that a girl has ever pulled one of these off successfully. Well, maybe that's a stretch, but I can remember countless times that they suddenly blurted it out or dropped ridiculously obvious hints. Definitely way more times than not and up there in the 90th percentile.

I'm wondering why this is. It seems interesting given that they are so capable of guile otherwise.

Maybe because they get excited and overwhelmed with emotions? Or maybe because they stand to benefit from letting the cat out of bag (i.e. more immediate rewards associated with not delaying the gratification of your appreciation)?

I find it kind of cute, honestly, so no need to completely tear the broads down on this, but at the same time, I've always kind of rooted for them and wished they could pull a great surprise off just once. I like being surprised.

EDIT: Bad category choice. I guess this should just go in Everything Else.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

It's because they aren't surprising you as a favour to you, but as an emotional release for themselves.

However, like any child, they have trouble waiting.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I've been randomly given gifts... (I hate gifts)

It always surprises me...

My bracelets were all surprises...
- 1 chick SOMEHOW remembered my birthday (other than my parents and certain family members, no one knows my birthday...I just hate celebrating it)
- 1 chick picked me up on the train and took me to eat sushi (then gave me 1 of her bracelets)
- 1 chick said she had a gift for me (I took the bracelet and rejected everything else because then I'd have to walk around with the gift)
- Promise bracelet was the 1st bracelet I ever had, was suppose to take a chick to a warehouse party

Also one of my fuckbuddies used to always surprise me wearing a sexy dress OR another chick who would always wear nice undies and sexy high heels. (I get off on that shit, was sad one night when my FB got naked out of this amazing dress when I wanted to fuck her while she had it on)

What Suits said. I remember once when one of my ex-girlfriends let it slip she was planning a week-long celebration for my 21st birthday at her parents' vacation house with some of my friends. It sounded cool, only problem was she hadn't told anyone else, and it was less than a week away.

I told her it was a great idea and asked who all was coming, and she said she hadn't talked to anyone yet. Come to find out, two of my close friends couldn't come because, surprise surprise, it was too late to get off work. It turned into this whole thing about how I was ungrateful and she was going through SO MUCH TROUBLE to make sure I had a good time.

It boils down to a combination of not being able to make plans due to a lack of logic and expectations that everything everything will work out because feelings. They start to doubt themselves and "let it slip" to gauge your reaction, and if you don't reply with "aw shucks, it's ok babe! You tried!" it just provides another opportunity to blame their shortcomings on another human.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

I have been surprised a few times with very thoughtful gifts and a few parties. The woman has to really love you to pull it off well, and for it to seem sincere and not rushed. She also has to have some brains too.

The best successfully executed surprise I've had went like this.

My ex-wife (girlfriend at that time) told me that we're going to a friends party during the day.

I get a bit suspicious when the road we're taking doesn't seem to be the right way.

She tells me to pull over, outside the local music shop. She produces an old coffee jar to me, titled "amp money", stuffed full of cash. I was quite dumbfounded and extremely grateful to say the least. We weren't going to a party either, hehe.

She dropped $4k of her very hard earned money (that she'd been saving for almost a year) on a new guitar amplifier for me that day.

As shitty as our marriage ended up, I'll always remember that act of pure kindness from her.

Some chicks can surprise you. In the past I'd never really made a big deal out of my birthday. WHen I first started dating my girl I noticed she was making a big deal about my birthday but birthdays are a big deal in her family so was like okay whatever. ANyhow, I wound up making last minute plans to go out to dinner with my paretns, I didn't know she had dinnner reservations and a limo waiting to take us around, had invited all her cousins and some common friends out. Man she was pissed.

I was surprised by a woman who took my v card. Slipped a pinkie up my arse.

I've had them surprise me by paying for lunch ( I think that happened a few times )

One girlfriend did a very impressive "candy gram" she presented to me in bed valentine's morning. It was a very elaborate giant book she made out of poster board. On the poster board, page after page, she wrote out a description of our relationship and would glue actual boxes of candy into her sentences. Example " You make me feel out of this world as if I'm on "mars" ( she glued a Mars bar candy bar there) She must have done this with like 20 or so boxes/bars of candy.

It was very creative.

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

^ It was also very sweet of her.

Quote: (09-24-2014 06:47 AM)Distant Light Wrote:  

I've been randomly given gifts... (I hate gifts)

It always surprises me...

My bracelets were all surprises...
- 1 chick SOMEHOW remembered my birthday (other than my parents and certain family members, no one knows my birthday...I just hate celebrating it)
- 1 chick picked me up on the train and took me to eat sushi (then gave me 1 of her bracelets)
- 1 chick said she had a gift for me (I took the bracelet and rejected everything else because then I'd have to walk around with the gift)
- Promise bracelet was the 1st bracelet I ever had, was suppose to take a chick to a warehouse party

Also one of my fuckbuddies used to always surprise me wearing a sexy dress OR another chick who would always wear nice undies and sexy high heels. (I get off on that shit, was sad one night when my FB got naked out of this amazing dress when I wanted to fuck her while she had it on)

THIS, I love when a girls dresses sexy or she has a new lingerie outfit for me, my main bought me a whip to use on her.

Quote: (09-24-2014 08:55 AM)robreke Wrote:  

I've had them surprise me by paying for lunch ( I think that happened a few times )

One girlfriend did a very impressive "candy gram" she presented to me in bed valentine's morning. It was a very elaborate giant book she made out of poster board. On the poster board, page after page, she wrote out a description of our relationship and would glue actual boxes of candy into her sentences. Example " You make me feel out of this world as if I'm on "mars" ( she glued a Mars bar candy bar there) She must have done this with like 20 or so boxes/bars of candy.

It was very creative.

I've seen this done a few times, usually it's high school or college girls. It's kinda cool but seems a little....corny to me lol.